Which movie has the most Bond connections?

Thus far, I would assume the answer is John Frankenheimer's underrated gem Ronin. Featured in this film are Sean Bean (006), Jonathon Price (Elliot Carver) and Michael Lonsdale (Hugo Drax). Can you think of a movie with more Bond actors?

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,631Chief of Staff
    Surely it's Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade

Alison Doody (AVTAK: hello, JFF!)
    John Rhys-Davies (TLD)
    Julian Glover (FYEO)
    Michael Byrne (TND)
    Vernon Dobtcheff (TSWLM)
    Billy J. Mitchell (GE and NSNA)
    Pat Roach (NSNA)

plus a certain Sir Sean Connery...
  • Kirk James KirkKirk James Kirk Posts: 190MI6 Agent
    Oh my! And I thought I was so smart with my three Bond actors. I'll stand by Ronin and say that it has the most major Bond actors. Judging by that expectation, Indiana Jones III has three as well: Glover, Rhys-Davies and Connery.
    edited June 2007
    Well, there's an Italian film called (among other titles) Operation Kid Brother. In the cast were:

Daniela Bianchi (FRWL- female lead)
    Adolfo Celi (TB- main antagonist)
    Anthony Dawson (DN- main henchman, FRWL & TB -Blofeld!)
    Bernard Lee (DN-MR- M)
    Lois Maxwell (DN-AVTAK- Miss Moneypenny)

All of those were major Bond actors!
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Oh my! And I thought I was so smart with my three Bond actors. I'll stand by Ronin and say that it has the most major Bond actors. Judging by that expectation, Indiana Jones III has three as well: Glover, Rhys-Davies and Connery.

I hope you're not trying to diminish the importance of Jenny Flex. ;)

Still, I think Indy III takes the cake. And Barbel, you forget Stephan Kalipha (Hector Gonzales) who played one of the gunners during the fight in Africa.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    I will say that having 3 Bond villians is more than having a handfull of actors in a Bond movie.

Kirk, what do you think of the car chase with the BMW towards the end of Ronin. My car is like that except with a (slightly) smaller motor. And its red too.
    Barbel, you forget Stephan Kalipha (Hector Gonzales) who played one of the gunners during the fight in Africa.

Thanks there, JFF- I hadn't spotted him! Guess what film goes on later today?
    taity wrote:
    I will say that having 3 Bond villians is more than having a handfull of actors in a Bond movie.

Kirk, what do you think of the car chase with the BMW towards the end of Ronin. My car is like that except with a (slightly) smaller motor. And its red too.

Ronin has a few good car chase scenes. They are surprisingly original, too. The one at the end that involves the underground tunnel is superb. Nice cars too!
    The Longest Day has three as well: Gert Frobe (Auric Goldfinger), Curd Jurgens (Carl Stromberg) and out hero Sir Sean Connery.
    Barbel wrote:
    Barbel, you forget Stephan Kalipha (Hector Gonzales) who played one of the gunners during the fight in Africa.

Thanks there, JFF- I hadn't spotted him! Guess what film goes on later today?

On what channel?
    I meant I'd put on the DVD. In the end it was too nice a day to spend watching films, so we didn't.
    Ah... I see!
  • stumac7stumac7 ScotlandPosts: 295MI6 Agent
    The Indy films also had the same stuntman as some of the later bond movies - Vic Armstrong. Also that Italian film that was mentioned earlier, I think that is the one with Sean Connery's younger brother in it (hence the title).
    stumac7 wrote:
    that Italian film that was mentioned earlier, I think that is the one with Sean Connery's younger brother in it (hence the title).

It certainly is, but I didn't rate Neil as a connection in the spirit intended.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,339MI6 Agent
    Last night I was shocked and startled to see a film in which no less than two Blofelds, yep, two, were prancing around in Nazi uniform in the same room.

Which film, buffs? :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Last night I was shocked and startled to see a film in which no less than two Blofelds, yep, two, were prancing around in Nazi uniform in the same room.

Night of the Generals. ;)
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    edited June 2007
    Force 10 from Naverone is also a strong entry:

Robert Shaw (FRWL)
    Barbara Bach (TSWLM)
    Edward Fox (NSNA)
    Richard Kiel (TWSLM, MR)
    Michael Byrne (TND)

and is directed by veteran Bond Director Guy Hamilton.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    The Battle Of Britain

Curd Jurgens
    Robert Shaw
    Edward Fox

Directed by Guy Hamilton
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,339MI6 Agent
    And credits by Maurice Binder, produced by Harry S, as you no doubt knew Alex.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent

Same here mate, wlked in a couple of night ago, started channel flicking and saw Donald Pleasance and Charles Gray in the same scene in a war type room talking at length. It was fascinating - that particular scene that is , didn't watch the whole film. The film was made in 1967, when they both would have appeared in You only Live Twice. Donald looked so small compared to Charles - to think they both played the same Character Blofeld. Gray's officer was the more confident and Pleasance was a worrier. good stuff, also had Omar Shariff and Peter o Toole in the cast as well.
    Stretching the point a bit, the Pink Panther series includes a large number of Bond actors. Apart from major stars David Niven and Peter Sellers (67 CR) the list includes:

Burt Kwouk (GF, YOLT)
    Joanna Lumley (OHMSS)
    Catherine Schell (OHMSS)
    Douglas Wilmer (OP)
    Andre Maranne (TB)
    Martin Benson (GF)
    Eric Pohlmann (FRWL, TB)
    Milton Reid (DN, 67CR, TSWLM)
    Richard Vernon (GF)
    Geoffrey Bayldon (67CR)
    Anthony Chinn (DN, GF, YOLT, AVTAK)
    Marne Maitland (TMWTGG)
    Fred Haggerty (FRWL)

plus a certain...
    Roger Moore

It's perhaps not too surprising that this long-running series, which began at almost the same time as 007 although with much longer gaps between films, should feature many of the same actors (and I'm sure I've missed some)! To pick one- the abominable Curse Of the Pink Panther stars two Bonds- top-billed David Niven plus a cameo from Roger Moore as Clouseau (and very good he is, too!)- and has featured roles for Joanna Lumley (who had a small part in OHMSS) and Burt Kwouk (major supporting role as Cato, small parts in GF and YOLT).

And I'm sure we've had a thread some time ago on the vast number of Bond actors who appeared on The Saint TV series. I know, I know, it's a TV show!
  • spy009spy009 Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    In the movie "Munich" you have Daniel Craig (Bond) and Michael Lonsdale (Drax)......
    Speaking of tv shows, the first season of Danger Man has several Bond actors, including Donald Pleasance, Charles Grey and Lois Maxwell. You also have the man that turned Bond down several times, Patrick McGoohan.
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    The only good thing about operation kid brother was the cast, full of bond stars.
    PUCCINI wrote:
    The only good thing about operation kid brother was the cast, full of bond stars.

You're right there, it's a terrible movie. Apart from spotting Bond people (and one brother) the only other entertaining feature is the score- total Gorgonzola.
    Not near the top, but an interesting footnote:

Ronin put three Bond villains together on the screen: Sean Bean (GE), Michael Lonsdale (MR), and Jonathan Price (TND)
    darenhat wrote:

Ronin put three Bond villains together on the screen: Sean Bean (GE), Michael Lonsdale (MR), and Jonathan Price (TND)

Speaking of near the top, have you seen the start of this thread, darenhat? :D
    Barbel wrote:
    darenhat wrote:

Speaking of near the top, have you seen the start of this thread, darenhat? :D

For crying out loud...that was like 10 days ago. You expect me to remember that! :p
  • OsatoOsato Aberdeen, ScotlandPosts: 99MI6 Agent
    You want a movie with Bond connections?

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang:

Screenplay by Roald Dahl (YOLT)
    Additional Dialogue by Richard Maibaum (Lots!)
    Designed by Ken Adam (Lots!)
    Special Effects by John Stears (Lots!)
    Associate Producer Stanley Sopel (Lots!)
    Edited by John Shirley (TMWTGG, LALD)
    Production Supervisor David Midlemas (OHMSS,YOLT, TB)
    Assistant Director Gus Agosti (TB)
    Assistant Art Director Bob Laing (OHMSS)
    Assistant Art Director Peter Lamont (Lots!)
    Assistant Art Director Michael White (FRWL, GF, TB)
    Sound Recordist John Mitchell (FRWL, CR67, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, LALD)
    Visual Effects by Cliff Culley (DN, FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS)
    Stunts by Vic Armstrong, George Leech and Ken Buckle (Lots!)
    Arial Camera by John Jordan (OHMSS, YOLT)
    Cameraman John Harris (LALD)
    Wardrobe by Jackie Cummins (OHMSS)
    Title Sequence by Peter Hunt (Lots!)
    Baron Bomburst - Gert Frobe (GF)
    Coggins - Desmond Llewelyn (Most!)

Oh, and

Story by Ian Fleming
    Produced by Cubby Broccoli

One or two connections there.
    Green figs, yoghurt, coffee very black.
    Don't forget Anna Qualye as the Baroness Bomburst who played Frau Hoffner in CR67!
    Here's a few footnotes (one threesome and a couple of 'two-fers')

X-Men 2
    Famke Jansen (GE)
    Alan Cummings (GE)
    Halle Berry (DAD)

Pride and Prejudice
    Judi Dench and Rosamunde Pike (DAD)

The Untouchables
    Sean Connery and Clifton James (everyone's favorite sherrif J.W. Pepper)