Bond Girl Elimination Game

Comments

• JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Darn, I always liked "The reception is at six". Still, it's very hard to choose between the same lovely woman! ;)
  • actonsteveactonsteve Posts: 299MI6 Agent
    BOND GIRL ELIMINATION GAME RESULTS!

1. Contessa Teresa "Tracy" di Vincenzo-Bond (WINNER) -{
    2. Honey Rider
    3. Tatiana Romanova
    4. Pussy Galore
    5. Dominique Derval
    6. Melina Havelock
    7. Dr Holly Goodhead
    8. Vesper Lynd
    9. Octopussy
    10. Sylvia Trench
    11. Xenia Onatopp
    12. Tiffany Case
    13. Anya Amasova
    14. Natalya Simonova
    15. Elektra King
    16. Solitaire
    17. Pam Bouvier
    17. Naomi
    18. Helga Brandt
    19. Fatima Blush
    20. Dr. Christmas Jones
    21. Aki
    22. Miss Magda
    23. Paris Carver
    24. Stacey Sutton
    25. Mayday
    26. Kara Milovy
    27. Mary Goodnight
    28. Lupe Lamora
    29. Domino Petachi
    30. Kissy Suzuki
    30. Miranda Frost
    31. Wai Lin
    32. Jinx Johnson

:D

OK, a worthy winner. Theres something about the character of Tracy that is so likeable. Plus there is Diana Riggs performance which manages to make George Lazenby look like a goose (although Hunt got the best performance he could from him). Diana Rigg is so charming. If shes on a chat show or something I make sure I watch..

31-33Dissecting this, interestingly the Brosnan girls fall by the wayside first. Two from DAD are in the bottom three. Goes to show how really wrong they got things during this era. Jinx is deservedly at the bottom. I dont think it would have worked if anyone else had beaten her to bottom of the heap.

27-30. Some of these make barely an impact. The literary Kissy Suzuki was interesting - a rather selfish girl who wanted to keep Bond-san for herself. But Miie Hama wasnt a good enough actress to pull off a heavy role. And Mary Goodnight? What were they thinking? To make the character a comic idiot then cast an actress who couldnt do comedy? But TMWTGG is a male story anyway - the girls dont get a look in. Its a duel between two assassins around the Far East.

26-20 I rather like Kara Milovy (the actress irritates me) its a nice little role of someone caught up in a rather nasty espionage world. An innocent abroad if you like? But she didnt seem to do well. Perhaps she just doesnt make an impression. I'm surprised Christmas Jones didnt do worse considering the casting of the role. But she must have some fans out there..

19-15 There are a lot of one note girls in this section but I was surprised Solitaire going out so quick. I thought she had a lot of fans. Same with Electra King

14-11 Natalya Simonva was the best of the Brosnan girls but wasnt as popular as some. I was shocked at Major Anya Amasova. A challenger to Tracy indeed! A sure thing for the top five at one point. What went wrong? And Tiffany stayed in longer then expected. A testament to the lovely Ms St John I expect. But it is a fun character..

10-5
    The big mistake was letting in the minor Bond girls at a later stage and so we have five minute wonder Sylvia Trench in the top ten. Shurely some mistake? Bit I championed Melina and no one seemed to object. Both Octopussy and Holly Goodhead were pleasant surprises doing so well. Mis Goodhead without doubt an underratted Bond girl giving MR the only bit of gravitas it desperately needs.

I was abit shocked at the venom directed to Vesper Lynd who I consider nearly as good as Tracy. Certainly its a more three-dimensional role and the actress is very good. Interesting the four Brosnan girls dont get near the top ten and the one Craig girl does..

5-1 This is where it got tough and the remaining five were Ian Fleming creations and in the first six films. Goes to show what a good writer of character he was. Tatiana Romanova was nearly wiped out a couple of weeks before but clumb on grimly to the number three spot. And it was great to see Domino do so well..

The top five was absolutely fantastic..
    A very interesting dissection, actonsteve! I'm glad you liked Goodhead. Will you be participating in the Jenny Flex Elimination Game?
    A new day!

Saved:
    Jenny Flex "Welcome Sir, I'm Jenny Flex!"

Still Left:
    Jenny Flex "Yes I enjoy an early morning ride"
    Jenny Flex "Let me show you to your room"
    Jenny Flex "I'll call a porter"

Eliminated:
    5. Jenny Flex "The reception is at six"
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Saved:
    Jenny Flex "Yes I enjoy an early morning ride" - I'll bet you do :007)

Still Left:
    Jenny Flex "I'll call a porter"

Eliminated:

;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Saved:
    Jenny Flex "Yes I enjoy an early morning ride" - I'll bet you do James Bond 007

Still Left:

Eliminated:
    4. Jenny Flex "I'll call a porter"
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Saved:

Still Left:
    Jenny Flex "Yes I enjoy an early morning ride"

Eliminated:
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Saved:

Still Left:

Eliminated:
    3. Jenny Flex "Yes I enjoy an early morning ride"
    edited October 2007
    I guess Jenny Flex "Welcome Sir, I'm Jenny Flex!" is going to win. :))

BTW, I'm thinking of doing another film elimination game on GF, GF, GF, GF and GF. :v :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Tis a shame! I swore "I enjoy an early morning ride" would be a contender for the title! Alas Dan, when you do your PTS game, you're welcome to do that.

Saved:

Still Left:
    Jenny Flex "Let me show you to your room."

Eliminated:
    Alas Dan, when you do your PTS game, you're welcome to do that.
    I might just do that. :D

BTW, are you going to finish the game off now or will you allow someone else to do the honours?
    Me, finish the game? Dan, I've already voted today! Someone else has to save the last Jenny unless no one votes for about 8 hours.

(However, I'd opt for "Welcome sir...")
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I'm not going to participate in the Jenny Flex Elimination game as I think it's ridiculous ( :p ), but doesn't "Let me show you to your room" play when you select "Special Features" on the main menu of the AVTAK Special Edition DVD?

Is that not a respectable honor for Alison Doody JFF? ;)
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    edited October 2007
    Have you been watching the AVTAK DVD Tee Hee? :v
    Dan Same wrote:

Not recently. But as you know, my loyalty to Sir Roger is beyond question. ;)

-Roger Moore
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:

Not recently. But as you know, my loyalty to Sir Roger is beyond question. ;)

You are correct Tee Hee, she does say "Let me show you to your room" when you select the "Special Features". I am deeply saddened that you won't participate in the game though, you could be the final vote! ;)
    I am deeply saddened that you won't participate in the game though, you could be the final vote! ;)

I'm surprised you could participate at all. How could you choose one Jenny over the other? And you call yourself Alison Doody's #1 fan! :p

-Roger Moore
    Tee Hee wrote:
    I am deeply saddened that you won't participate in the game though, you could be the final vote! ;)

I'm surprised you could participate at all. How could you choose one Jenny over the other? And you call yourself Alison Doody's #1 fan! :p

Believe me, the decision's I've made weren't easy! However, when it's said and done, Jenny Flex will be the winner of an elimination game. :D
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Bravo, JFF -- spectacular work. Worthy winner to the Bond Girl game, then a funny JFF game when we thought all was done. Kind of like seeing the outtakes after the credits have rolled and everyone else has left the theater. Well done. {[]

Two beefs, however:
    1) Who exactly is Teresa di Vincenzo?
    2) You left out the best Jenny of them all -- the dead one floating in the mineshaft.
    {:)
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Bravo, JFF -- spectacular work. Worthy winner to the Bond Girl game, then a funny JFF game when we thought all was done. Kind of like seeing the outtakes after the credits have rolled and everyone else has left the theater. Well done. {[]

Two beefs, however:
    1) Who exactly is Teresa di Vincenzo?
    2) You left out the best Jenny of them all -- the dead one floating in the mineshaft.

Sir Hilary, thank you for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed the game (and enjoyed the mini-game that followed as a humorous aside). I also must say that I had fun hosting the game and I'm glad that Tracy won, she was who I predicted (and wanted) to win the game.

In response to your beefs:

1) I had forgotten the exact spelling, wasn't sure if it was Vicenzo or Vincenzo, I guess it's the former!

2) Your attempts at humor fail to slay me, Sir Hilary, I'm sorry. ;)

:))

My, you've got some bezants Sir Hillary! Not too many people can make a wise crack like that and get away without so much as a lengthy rant! ;)

-Roger Moore
    Tee Hee wrote:

:))

My, you've got some bezants Sir Hillary! Not too many people can make a wise crack like that and get away without so much as a lengthy rant! ;)

Must be the post-elimination game happiness, I'm in too good a mood to be affected by Sir Hilary's comments about Jenny (as twisted as they may be ;) ).
    Looks like I got to decide after all... JENNY FLEX WINS!

1. Jenny Flex "Welcome Sir, I'm Jenny Flex!" (WINNER!)
    2. Jenny Flex "Let me show you to your room."

Results of all AJB Elimination Games:

Bond Film Elimination Game: From Russia With Love
    Bond Villain Elimination Game: Ernst Stavro Blofeld
    Bond Girl Elimination Game: Contessa Teresa diVicenzo-Bond
    Jenny Flex Elimination Game: Jenny Flex

Thanks for playing everyone, I had great fun!
    Can we make it official that Sweepy will host the next game in about a month? (I will be hosting the one after that.)
  • Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Jenny Flex Elimination Game: Jenny Flex.
    :# I wanted Jenny Flex to win. :))
    Dan, it isn't official until the person officially announces it in the game! Sweepy, please make your way here before this thread fades into obscurity and stake your claim!

However, I will endorse Sweepy for next-game-person.
  • actonsteveactonsteve Posts: 299MI6 Agent
    Has anyone thought about doing one on the Bond title tunes?
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Which elimination game ideas do you have which haven't already been done, then maybe we could vote on which one we want?
    P.S. Cheers for letting me host guys {[]
    207qoznfl4.gif
    edited October 2007
    Which elimination game ideas do you have which haven't already been done, then maybe we could vote on which one we want?
    Maybe we could do an elimination game on ideas for an elimination game. :))

How about doing a game on one of the following: theme/title songs, film titles or deaths of main villain?
    Dan Same wrote:
    Maybe we could do an elimination game on ideas for an elimination game. :))

How about doing a game on one of the following:theme/title songs, film titles or deaths of main villain?

I'd opt for theme songs... film titles is stretching it a little, but deaths would be interesting. If I host another elimination game, it will be on the score/soundtrack.