Bond Girl Elimination Game

1242526272830»

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    I'd opt for theme songs... film titles is stretching it a little, but deaths would be interesting.
    You're probably right. Film titles is a little thin, however after I eventually host my own game on the PTSs, and if I can do another, I might do one on deaths of main villains (assuming it hasn't already been done.)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Deaths of the main villain would be a very interesting elimination game. Someone should do it.
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Someone needs to do one on the lead actors.
    edited October 2007
    Two other possibilities are lead Bond performances and plots/central concepts. Sweepy, when are you going to make your decision?
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Locations could be another option. Eg Monsoon palace, Cyril's monestry, Golden gate bridge etc
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    What about one-liners? One line could be chosen from each film (such as 'she had her kicks' from FRWL), and perhaps more than one from certain films, and we could choose the best.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Well for lead bond perfomances it would be a tie between SC, RM and PB (I know who I'd vote for) but due to dan asking, dan, JFF and Georgiboy all want title themes so let's start one on that.
    I've got it all planned out so will it be ok if I start it off tonight or tomorrow ?
    207qoznfl4.gif
    edited October 2007
    I've got it all planned out so will it be ok if I start it off tonight or tomorrow ?
    How about waiting until late November? Many of us are still recovering from the Bond Girl elimination game. ;)
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Alright then, 15th November perhaps? Should we use the +1, -1 technique because I find it much simpler, I have an idea which ones will come near the top. Shirley Bassey ;)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but I think using my hybrid of Jarvio's and Lazenby's systems the best way to go, that way it won't be short or horrendously long.

Use Jarvio's method at first and when you get to the top 10 (or 5) switch over to the Lazenby method.
    Is that the same method as used in the Bond Girl Elimination game. If so in the save 1, eliminate one does it go like this for example?

Saved:
    GF
    DAF
    YOLT
    AVTAK
    TLD
    LTK
    You Know My Name

Still Left:
    TB
    FRWL
    FYEO
    Nobody Does It Better
    LALD
    DN
    DAD

Eliminated:
    OHMSS
    TMWTGG
    MR
    All Time High
    GE
    TND
    TWINE
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I like the combo method much better. Save one and go until one is eliminated and then restart until we get to the top ten, that plus/minus system was tough for a little while, but otherwise if you continue with the save one process people can miss out on voting in one or two rounds. also, it was good having the voting rules set by the site clock, much less confusing, and worked out reall well, good choice JFF. {[] Also, Nov. 15th sounds good for a start date if you can put it together by then Sweepy, and Dan I agree, we all need a little bit of time to catch up and take a breath after that last one, what a great elimination game!!! :D
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    I too prefer a combination of the two methods. The +/- method takes far too long, while the save/still left method is far too quick.
    and Dan I agree, we all need a little bit of time to catch up and take a breath after that last one, what a great elimination game!!! :D
    It was fantastic. :D What did you think of the results?
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I like the combo method much better. Save one and go until one is eliminated and then restart until we get to the top ten, that plus/minus system was tough for a little while, but otherwise if you continue with the save one process people can miss out on voting in one or two rounds. also, it was good having the voting rules set by the site clock, much less confusing, and worked out reall well, good choice JFF. {[] Also, Nov. 15th sounds good for a start date if you can put it together by then Sweepy, and Dan I agree, we all need a little bit of time to catch up and take a breath after that last one, what a great elimination game!!! :D

YKMN, you don't know how much this means to me! I'm glad that you enjoyed it (I did too!) I must admit, sometimes I let my views rule my common sense a little too much, but here, I don't think it was (that much) of an issue. I think that by combining the +/- and the Jarvio method that it pleased both fans of the elimination games and that the end result was good. Also thank you for commending me about the site clock! Some people would accuse others (I would frequently be accused because I'd vote late at night and then the next morning before school), but since I was in a different time zone, it showed up differently on the site. You could probably work the site clock if you really wanted to, but I think it makes it easier for everyone involved.

Thank you once again YKMN, after Dan and Sweepy have their goes at it, look forward to the Soundtrack/Score Elimination Game hosted by yours truly, JFF!

Good luck to you Sweepy, and thanks everyone for playing the game(s) (if you're counting the Jenny Flex one as well ;) ).