Who would you like to sing the main theme in the next James Bond movie ?

I would like to hear Amy Winehouse or Joss Stone

Comments

• SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    I think Diana Krall could actually do a great Bond song and make it like a Shirley Bassey style song, but thats just my opinion.
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • Double-oh nineDouble-oh nine USAPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    The only female around theses days with any technical musical ability is Alecia Keyes.Otherwise,I pick Tom Jones.
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    Muse!
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    one of my favorite punk bands!!

ha no...I jest...that'd be really odd, although I LOVE their respective sounds

Amy Winehouse would be good...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent
    Joss Stone, Diana Krall, Katie Melua are all good.
    After the masculine rock of "You know my name" a balad sung by a woman could be good. At their worst these ladies are boring, but at their best they are absolutely worthy of Bond. Amy Winehouse would be perfect, but she needs to go to rehab first!
    Tom Jones was good for TB, but I don't think artist who had their biggest hits decades ago.
    Let's face it: Tom Jones is an artist who is popular, but he's living on past glories.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent
    How is Bjørk doing these days?
    Is she still popular and making songs like "Bachelorette" and "Play dead"?
    She might be the right artist.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I would love a group, so Red Hot Chili Peppers would be my top choice. If it's a male singer, I would like to give Sting or Bruce Springsteen a chance. However if it's someone completely different, then why not go for one of the greatest artists of her generation; Alanis Morissette? :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    :o Sting would be BRILLIANT!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    edited October 2007
    Pendragon wrote:
    :o Sting would be BRILLIANT!
    Glad you approve. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Goldfrapp was rumored to be doing the main song for CR. I wouldn't mind if they'd really do it for Bond 22.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    What about U2? Bond and The Edge wrote the song for GE, but it would be great IMO for the band to actually perform a Bond song. :D
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    I'd love to hear something from one of my favourite bands, Guillemots.

Fyfe Dangerfield, their lead singer, has a beautiful voice, and they very often work with an orchestra in their songs.
  • postman patpostman pat Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    I would love a group, so Red Hot Chili Peppers would be my top choice. If it's a male singer, I would like to give Sting or Bruce Springsteen a chance. However if it's someone completely different, then why not go for one of the greatest artists of her generation; Alanis Morissette? :D

The trouble with groups is that they almost always cull half the musicians - think Garbage. It was really only the vocals that remained. The rest of it was Arnold orchestration.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Joss Stone, Diana Krall, Katie Amy Winehouse would be perfect, but she needs to go to rehab first!

But she said,no,no,no :D

She would be great but I would also approve of Goldfrapp.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,761Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Goldfrapp was rumored to be doing the main song for CR. I wouldn't mind if they'd really do it for Bond 22.

I mentioned Goldfrapp about 4 yrs ago - and I see no reason to change my mind now. Goldfrapp were born to record a Bond theme, Alison has the best female voice I've heard in years.
    YNWA 97
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,750MI6 Agent
    They're great (And I speak as the person who accidentally started that rumour! :) ) but they've rather their Bond-ish style behind now in favour of a more pop-py one. Doesn't mean they can't do it, of course.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,761Chief of Staff
    emtiem wrote:
    They're great (And I speak as the person who accidentally started that rumour! :) ) but they've rather their Bond-ish style behind now in favour of a more pop-py one. Doesn't mean they can't do it, of course.

Each Goldfapp album has a slightly evolved style from the last, it wouldn't be hard for them to revert to a song that could be from Felt Mountain - and they are nothing short of sensational live !
    YNWA 97
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,750MI6 Agent
    The new one by Siouxsie Sioux - Here Comes That Day is rather Bond-ish, though; worth checking out :)
    The trouble with groups is that they almost always cull half the musicians - think Garbage. It was really only the vocals that remained. The rest of it was Arnold orchestration.
    You're right about that. :# Hopefully, they could make an exception this time. I really think a proper group would be fantastic. :D
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Yes, but if our poll is anything to go by, the new title of the film is going to be Something Else. I'm not sure Goldfrapp would want to rejig an old Eddie Cochran title, even if it has its roots in Ian Fleming.

Are you heading for heaven
    Heading for hell or...
    Something Else?

Could it be that someone is
    Ringing your bell or...
    Something Else?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Take That. I think they would do a great job!
  • HammerfistHammerfist In my own little worldPosts: 24MI6 Agent
    I hear Duran Duran are working again. I mean, if Shirley Bassey got to do 3...

Heheh, though, honestly, I've wanted Goldfrapp to do a "Lovely Head" type slow, lush theme since before Die Another Day and I still do.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    I thought music fans and Take That were incompatible. :v I'd prefer a female singer. Goldfrapp would be great. Or maybe Sarah McLachlan.
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    Hey, I hear somepeople actually like 'We're An All Time High,' proving there's no accounting for taste :)

"Doin' so much moooooooore... than falling in looooooove"
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Hey, I hear somepeople actually like 'We're An All Time High,' proving there's no accounting for taste :)

Guilty as charged. ;% Do you remember that Bond tribute album David Arnold put together about 10 years ago? Jarvis Cocker chose to cover 'All Time High,' much to Arnold's surprise.
  • Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    John Drake wrote:

Guilty as charged. ;%
    I also love 'All Time High.' :D It's one of my favourite Bond songs. :D
  • Double-oh nineDouble-oh nine USAPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Number24 wrote:
    Joss Stone, Diana Krall, Katie Melua are all good.
    After the masculine rock of "You know my name" a balad sung by a woman could be good. At their worst these ladies are boring, but at their best they are absolutely worthy of Bond. Amy Winehouse would be perfect, but she needs to go to rehab first!
    Tom Jones was good for TB, but I don't think artist who had their biggest hits decades ago.
    Let's face it: Tom Jones is an artist who is popular, but he's living on past glories.
    Damnit man,you're right! Jones should have had his return shot back in the 80's,when he was hot on the comeback trail.I just thought since Miss Bassey was brought back twice,regardless of chart status or youthfull appeal,Jones at might at least,rate a follow up.Bjork would be more believable as a would be Assasin.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    I think the choice of the theme singer is dependent on the temper of the movie. Not knowing what that my be can make the list of potentials pretty big in a quick hurry. All I can say is that I think a lot of talent exists in the world, and the use of a previous artist (a la Shirley Bassey) is unfounded.

I know that Rhianna has a good range of adrenaline-style talent (I'm citing her work on "Shut Up and Drive"). UK native Lily Allen may have a shot at something quirky or a strong ballad. Justin Timberlake may or may not have what it takes to give something strong; it depends on how the song is written, since he gives off a higher sound that doesn't reflect the Bond atomosphere.

I'll jump on the Sting bandwagon any day of the week. I think he's a guaranteed hit. I also think that David Bowie should have his chance at Bond; my dad actually thought he did "The Living Daylights" until I enlightened him.

Shakira, sure; she could make two different versions of it . . . provided there was a Latin element to the movie. Amy Lee and/or Evanescence . . . could be a little too much emotion for Bond. Not Tori Amos, even though I love her to death. But then Seal has a unique style that would work really well.

Avril and Hilary are still too young for the responsibility, but Christina Aguilera has really matured her sound; she'd give a great single for 007.

That's my mental dump. Anyone else wanna throw stuff out there?
  • Mr JimMr Jim Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Alison Moyet - a strong deep female voice that could lend itself very well to a powerful bond ballard which would probably fit in very well after the upbeat tempo of 'you know my name' - however i do agree that choice of vocalist is very dependant on film title!