Who would you like to sing the main theme in the next James Bond movie ?

14567810»

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,758Chief of Staff
    jamesm123 wrote:
    Portishead would be the best for sure. Anyone who has heard them would agree.

Bit of a sweeping statement there, james123. ;)

I've heard quite of lot of Portishead but their music leaves me cold I'm afraid.

I'd still love Goldfrapp to write and perform a Bond title track - but I'd be happy with Duffy.
    YNWA 97
  • killshotkillshot Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I think that Alicia Keys could do it justice.
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Duffy would be great indeed. I like that idea. The tunes I've heard from her Rockferry album are very good - As Ms Winehouse is practically unfit -and duffy has a pretty much unblemished background with regards to public scandal -she would be a great choice.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    killshot wrote:
    I think that Alicia Keys could do it justice.
    I love ALicia Keys. :D But, I'm not sure if she's appropiate for a Bond theme. Of course, it depends on which way the producers go. If they want a theme with some hardness, I think she would be the wrong choice, but if they want a theme that is elegent yet cool (but not hard), then I think she would be fantastic. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • earnestpearnestp Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I saw a great fake Craigslist post today that was the producers of Quantum of Solace using Stupidvideos.com to solicit the new theme song.

http://www.stupidvideos.com/pictures/Craigslist_Ad_for_James_Bond_Theme_Song_0/
  • jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    As i mentioned i think Portishead would be great.
    I'm pretty sure sure Duffy is a shoe-in and would be great as well.
    No one has mentioned Nina Persson of The Cardigans, she's good. Or how about French singer Camille?
    Or the girl from The Bellrays, sort of a young Tina Turner?
    Or Cerys Mathews?
  • jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Wendy James? Would give it some sass.
  • KillmasterKillmaster Roanoke, Virginia USAPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    I've listened to the new CD's from Leona Lewis, Duffy, and Amy Winehouse, plus the latest from Alicia Keys, and I have to say that I'm not overly impressed with ANY of them.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    edited July 2008
    Duffy would be great indeed. I like that idea. The tunes I've heard from her Rockferry album are very good - As Ms Winehouse is practically unfit -and duffy has a pretty much unblemished background with regards to public scandal -she would be a great choice.

I was at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, last Wednesday night, for a Cardinals game...and to my surprise, whom did I see on the huge screen before the game, in a music video? None other than Duffy, performing her song "Mercy." Not surprisingly, Loeffs Jr knows who she is :v

I'm intrigued...However, I won't buy her CD (yet), as that would certainly kill her chances of landing the Bond gig! :#
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    Guys, are you all asleep? It's gonna be Jack White and Alicia Keys, the first duet in the series. Or has this been posted elsewhere? It's offical.

Edit: Ooops! It's me who needs extra caffeine!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Joe Cornish did a mock QOS song for his Adam and Joe radio show. Not sure about the music, but the lyrics completely take the p***. :))

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TMoJRLStD9c&feature=related
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,750MI6 Agent
    Adam did one too; you can listen and vote here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/adamandjoe/song_wars.shtml

They're both great :)
    Amy sings her wouldbe theme tune tonight on The Kevin Bishop Show. The Booze Is Not Enough... Sure it will pop up on youtube for non-UK fans...

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • sohel1sohel1 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    around theses days with any technical musical ability is Alecia Keyes.Otherwise
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

Thanks Em. I do prefer Joe's, if only for the lines, "Dame Judi Dench is Furious with him" & "Sometimes I wish Roger Moore would come back/with an underwater car and some kind of jet pack."
    Winehouse is on the warpath. She's gonna release the track she did with Mark Ronson. But, I thought she hated it? ?:)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/20080812/ten-winehouse-to-release-shelved-bond-tr-c60bd6d.html

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I hope that's true- I'd love to hear the track they made.
    John Drake wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

Thanks Em. I do prefer Joe's, if only for the lines, "Dame Judi Dench is Furious with him" & "Sometimes I wish Roger Moore would come back/with an underwater car and some kind of jet pack."

It turned massive- Joe made a video which is well worth watching on YouTube and it got picked up all around the world on movie websites (Chud, AICN, Empire, MTV etc.). But bizarrely Adam's won! :)
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Say what you will about Whinehouse, but I think shes got it wrong this time.

Something tells me she wont be right to have a song out by November, and who knows what goes on in that pot riddled mind of hers
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Wasn't that the case with another Bond film about 15 to 20 years ago? Just like "Whine"house, someone recorded a song for a Bond movie and it didn't get used so they released it without the movie.

I vaguely recall something like this occurring before. Surely someone on this board has a better memory than me and can let me know for sure.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    edited August 2008
    Smoke_13 wrote:
    Wasn't that the case with another Bond film about 15 to 20 years ago? Just like "Whine"house, someone recorded a song for a Bond movie and it didn't get used so they released it without the movie.

I vaguely recall something like this occurring before. Surely someone on this board has a better memory than me and can let me know for sure.

Sounds like you're thinking of Alice Cooper, who recorded his own "Man with the Golden Gun" and submitted it to Broccoli and Saltzman. They rejected it, so he released it on his Muscle of Love album.

P.S.: You can find the song itself in this thread.

P.P.S.: Happy birthday, Smoke 13!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Smoke_13 wrote:

Sounds like you're thinking of Alice Cooper, who recorded his own "Man with the Golden Gun" and submitted it to Broccoli and Saltzman. They rejected it, so he released it on his Muscle of Love album.

Well, there was a few Tomorrow Never Dies songs released, by Pulp, St. Etienne etc. The Pet Shop Boys re-recorded their Living Daylights tune with a different title and released it (I think)... there's a few that were released, although I don't think that any came out as singles. Might be wrong.
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    I never knew about Alice Cooper's version of The Man with the Golden Gun. Thanks for the link I'll have to look it up. (I always kind of liked Alice Cooper). Thanks for the birthday wishes too. I hit the big 4-0 on Wednesday. Looks like Craig is going to be the last Bond that I'm younger than -ouch.

I think it might have been the Pet Shop Boys song that I was thinking of when I wrote my original post. I'll have to check it out as well.

This board never fails to amaze me with the level of in depth Bond knowledge that it possesses.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Tori Amos has a reference to the Man with the Golden Gun in her Cornflake Girl song. It of course came out years after the movie was released. I wonder if there's really any connection to it or if she was just being her usual eccentric self.
  • Shaken007Shaken007 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I think maybe Tom Jones. He's still such a legend and has a great, booming voice. Maybe, a female though - not quite sure who though. Amy Winehouse needs to sort herself out first though, if she were to do it.
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    Blondie did "For Your Eyes Only" but then declined to have it used in the movie. So they got Sheena Easton to do it. Blondie's version is on the album "The Hunter".