Rugby World Cup 2007

2»

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Dan Same wrote:
    I don't think it's a very negative way to have fun at all. I mean, in my case, it's not completely serious.
    Exactly! I was watching the game in the pub with my best mate, who's originally from Hounslow, and another close friend, born in Doncaster to a Yorkshire family but raised here. They were both wearing England rugby shirts. We had a laugh. We (another two mates who are more indigenous) were cheering on their opposing team, not wishing a plague on their homes or cursing their players.

Ah right, fair enough- the way you phrased it earlier made it seem like you weren't with them- you were just laughing at some English people who happened to be in your pub, which seemed in character. I can't deny a certain amount of ribbing with my Aussie mates! :) And you can imagine the support they gave over England's result on saturday...
    Of course, you do get some people who just have absolutely no sense of friendly rivalry or banter 8-) They tend to sit in the corner, on their own, with no friends...

<Cough> moderator on a web forum :D
    That's friendly banter, by the way :D (just back from my corner in the pub, you see!)
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    <Cough> user of a web forum :D
    That's friendly banter, too :D

I was disappointed England lost; firstly for good patriotic reasons, and secondly because if they'd won they might have taken their tops off and kissed and hugged ;) Luckily I have the Dieux de Stade DVDs for that sort of thing...
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Of course, you do get some people who just have absolutely no sense of friendly rivalry or banter 8-) They tend to sit in the corner, on their own, with no friends...

:)) :D :))

And, Lady Rose, you weren't alone in not watching the Rugby World Cup Final - but you probably were in watching X-Factor :))

I take it you're more of a Strictly Come Dancing fan yourself then ;) :))

Nice one :))

No, really more a fan of 'Strictly Switch It Off' :D
    YNWA 97