Omega return for Bond 22 ??

Does anybody know if Omega will return as teh watch of choice for Bond 22, ive looked everywhere, no joy

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    it most likely will since he wore two version in CR so why would they change it, like the P99, its been established as Bond's watch.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:
    Does anybody know if Omega will return as teh watch of choice for Bond 22, ive looked everywhere, no joy

Without a doubt.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    it most likely will since he wore two version in CR so why would they change it, like the P99, its been established as Bond's watch.

Although of course Bond also used a PPK in CR! :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    k5211 wrote:

Without a doubt.

Any indication of which Omega, Asp9mm - or can you not say ;)
    YNWA 97
    Bond used the PPK in the PTS of CR, right?
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Bond uses the P99 throughout CR'06 except in the Embassy when he steals an FN P35 from the Ambassador and uses it to shoot his way out. He uses his own Walther P99 to shoot Mollacka and the propane tanks.
  • patjanuspatjanus Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    you can clearly see daniel craig using the omega planet ocean seamaster with steel strap in the pictures taken during the palio shooting
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    k5211 wrote:

Without a doubt.

Yeah, same old, nothing new.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Without a doubt.

Thanks heavens for that ! My wallet thanks you :D
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Thanks heavens for that ! My wallet thanks you :D

May have spoken too quickly. Expect a twist on the old Seamaster, plus a new Limited Edition too.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    It definitely looks like it will be the planet ocean with the silver metal bracelet - will be established in this film.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    7289 wrote:
    Bond uses the P99 throughout CR'06 except in the Embassy when he steals an FN P35 from the Ambassador and uses it to shoot his way out. He uses his own Walther P99 to shoot Mollacka and the propane tanks.

And, as 'Walther P99' says, he briefly uses a PPK in the pre-title sequence.
    edited December 2007
    It definitely looks like it will be the planet ocean with the silver metal bracelet - will be established in this film.

Nope, It will be the usual Seamaster, but with a new black dial and bezel (looks very good). Officially this will be announced in April 2008. The Planet Ocean is not penned for a return.
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Nope, It will be the usual Seamaster, but with a new black dial and bezel (looks very good). Officially this will be announced in April 2008. The Planet Ocean is not penned for a return.
    Asp9mm, Do you know if this is going to be a new model or if it is going to be their existing Seamaster model with the black face and bezel?
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
    So Bonds not gonna have the blue face and bezel anymore? even though thats what he wore at the end of CR?
    So Bonds not gonna have the blue face and bezel anymore? even though thats what he wore at the end of CR?

Obviously he will have one blue on blue at the beginning for continuity, but then...

That's all I can say, but there will be another 10,007 limited piece too.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Obviously he will have one blue on blue at the beginning for continuity, but then...

That's all I can say, but there will be another 10,007 limited piece too.

ASP, is this a just a new Co-Axial version of the old black seamaster, or is it completely new and not based on the previous black seamaster?
    It is the current Bond Seamaster 2220.80.00, just in black.
  • ufboy73ufboy73 usaPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

damn! thats going to be a good looking watch...my wallet isnt going to like this
    Asp9mm wrote:

Is that this one: http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/smpvssub.html

or is it the exact same as the current but black?
  • ufboy73ufboy73 usaPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

that is not the current seamaster model that asp references (i.e. 2220.80.00)
    Asp9mm wrote:

That is quite an old Seamaster there Nighty, it is due to be discontinued soon. Bonds Seamaster has a completely different bracelet, hands, dial and bezel. I thought you had one of the Brozza versions....
    I do have a Brozzer version, but my father has that black one, so I was wondering if I'd be able to borrow his and it'd be Craig's, but I guess not. Oh well!
    I do have a Brozzer version, but my father has that black one, so I was wondering if I'd be able to borrow his and it'd be Craig's, but I guess not. Oh well!

No 'fraid not. Going to be a whole new watch :D
  • avekevavekev UkPosts: 122MI6 Agent
    Damn,

I don't think the wife is going to swallow me buying another new omega!

:s
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Hello fellow Bond brothers. Check out tis listing on ebay: 290191817631

I've never heard of the watch company "Alpha" before but the photo will give you a pretty good idea of what the new Bond watch will look like since this Alpha looks just like our beloved Seamaster only with the black dial and bezel.

I have the automatic Seamaster with the blue face and dial (pre co-axial). This will be a fantastic looking watch no doubt but I don't think the color change alone will be enough for me to justify buying another Seamaster. I love my blue one. It has served me well since 1996. However, I still intend to buy the Planet Ocean on the black rubber strap after my pennies are saved up.

For those of you whose wives would go ballistic on an Omega purchase, you may want to check out the Alpha line. The photos I've seen look really nice. Will it be an Omega? No, but they do look quite nice and I'm sure a purchase under $100 will keep the MRS. off the warpath. They also seem to do nice versions of Rolex designs as well.
    "I musht be dreaming."
    Here's a follow up to my last post. It looks like you can buy direct from Alpha. Their website is:

www.alpha-watch.com
    "I musht be dreaming."
    Here's a limk to the same aforementioned watch on the Alpha web site:

http://www.alpha-watch.com/details.php?myid=359
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • Double-0Double-0 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Naughty counterfeiting !:(|)