Omega return for Bond 22 ??

Comments

• hacketthackett Odds change the numbers remainPosts: 197MI6 Agent
    Absolutely, Planet Ocean for the daytime, Seamanter for evenings.
  • VilliersVilliers Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Can anyone get a screen shots from the new video to confirm the model Mr Craig is wearing?
  • le chifrele chifre Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Omega Planet Ocean
  • VC_Dirty MindVC_Dirty Mind Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    I never quiet understood why there has to be so much upheaval about a watch. They all look the same to me. :)
  • VilliersVilliers Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    If you look at the latest photos from panama where DC is walking towards the camera taking the photos doing up or undoing his jacket the strap on the watch looks very much like the one on the Seamaster but the bezel, as ASP 9mm suggested, is indeed black. Not able to blow the photo up, but someone with the techological know how may be able to.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Where are the panama photos?
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    Villiers wrote:
    If you look at the latest photos from panama where DC is walking towards the camera taking the photos doing up or undoing his jacket the strap on the watch looks very much like the one on the Seamaster but the bezel, as ASP 9mm suggested, is indeed black. Not able to blow the photo up, but someone with the techological know how may be able to.

Strap looks like the SS PO strap. Watch looks like a PO as well. No crown guard as on the SMP. Hard to tell from this photo if it is the 42 or the 45.5 though.
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • ClarkyClarky IndianaPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Villiers wrote:

Kids, I don't know if it is the PO or not. The bezel looks like it is missing the white walls
    (for lack of a better term). It does have the PO style of steel band, but looks a bit different.
  • ClarkyClarky IndianaPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    It almost looks like a even more accurate reissue of the Omega Seamaster 300. That would be weird though.
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    It REALLY looks like a PO in that picture to me. If you don't focus too much on specifics and just notice the dimension of the bezel, it looks like the narrower bezel of the PO. I mean, the watches really do look different.
    But as ASP9mm has said, the are likely two Omegas in QoS, so I'm sure we'll get to glimpse the new Seamaster in a month or so. And nothing will get the new black Seamaster noticed more than having Bond make an obvious switch of timepieces. Well, nothing other than a Q Branch scene featuring gratuitous close-ups of the watch and descriptions of it's many special features that will somehow be just what Bond needs for this mission... God I miss the Cold War!
  • armourerarmourer United KingdomPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    Having just blown above mentioned image up in Photoshop, bezel is black, but looking at the band of my own Seamaster, the strap in the photo looks more like a Rolex to me. Not being an expert can't say for sure but the band is definitely different to a Seamaster band. Personally, hope they have gone back to Rolex, but gonna have to start saving if they have (dammit all!) :)
  • NewsmanNewsman Erie, PA USAPosts: 92MI6 Agent
    Rumor has it that Omega will put out a black-faced Seamaster Pro to tie into Bond 22.

If that is true - and you were buying a new Omega this year - which would you go for?

The blue faced (as see in 5 Bonds) or the black faced (Bond 22 and ????)
  • qbviqbvi AustraliaPosts: 254MI6 Agent
    Omega would want us all to buy both...or in DC's movies, will be 4 Omegas to date...a blue and black SMP and a 45 and 42mm PO..ready for another new watch in Bond 23?
    A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    I agree with Newsman, I think we will be seeing a Black faced Seamaster in QoS. What better way to debut it then on Bond. Perfect marketing ploy. Better start saving your pennies.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Either the car or the dude with the cargo vest and gray shirt
    [/quote]Btw, look at Gemma's face. What you think she's looking at? :p[/quote]

I'm gonna have to go with... her co-star's perfectly formed @r$3
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,764Chief of Staff
    Newsman wrote:
    Rumor has it that Omega will put out a black-faced Seamaster Pro to tie into Bond 22.

That's not really a rumour anymore - it's pretty much been confirmed by Asp9mm months ago.
    YNWA 97
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Newsman wrote:

That's not really a rumour anymore - it's pretty much been confirmed by Asp9mm months ago.

Godbless ya Sir M {[] Now if only they'd hurry and confirm my confirmation - roll on Basel in April. Now I know how Dell felt.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • le chifrele chifre Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    on a pictures i see PO so it will be later in a movie
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    Btw, look at Gemma's face. What you think she's looking at? :p[/quote]

As Bond said to Vesper on the train,"You noticed."
    :))
    "I musht be dreaming."
  • armourerarmourer United KingdomPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    Has the Omega PO black bezel with metal bracelet been confirmed yet?
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    The word as said earlier is not a PO but new Black SMP
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Every picture from filming so far has clearly show the Black faced Planet Ocean - this is a seamaster model.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    There is going to be a new model released, at least that is the word.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    You can say that as many times as you want....
    Show me the evidence!
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    You can say that as many times as you want....
    Show me the evidence!

You'll have to wait until Basel at the beginning of April.
    In all respect, is there some chance that Omega is releasing the new Seamaster but it isn't used in the film?
    There is, but Omega have supplied the new SMP to the production office and are sure it is going to be used in the film.