Looking very sharp in that coat.

Comments

• PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    I like the frockcoat ...

Thanks for the link.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Nice coat, good pics.
    I am wondering about the suit ... frockcoats are a piece of wedding apparel. I wonder ...
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Excellent - here it all begins. I hope this year will be as fruitful as 2006 {[]

Craig is looking great - from this I assume they're keeping his hair at a similar length?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Hey, I don't really mean to pull a downer... but here's Craig looking haggard again, when at most of his recent showbiz appearances he looks a lot smoother. I guess his Bond is meant to look like that.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Predator wrote:
    I am wondering about the suit ... frockcoats are a piece of wedding apparel. I wonder ...

It's just an overcoat; it is raining, after all! :)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Hey, I don't really mean to pull a downer...

:)) :)) :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    In the thread underneath this article:

"I dont see why they chose this wrinkle-faced guy over Gerard Butler to be the new james bond. I’d choose Gerry over this ugly hag any day"

Some things never change :007)
    edited January 2008

"I dont see why they chose this wrinkle-faced guy over Gerard Butler to be the new james bond. I’d choose Gerry over this ugly hag any day"

Indeed...now that the old playbook is open once again, we can rest assured that James Bond has, indeed, returned {[]

I like the look, with the coat. Thanks for posting, em!

I wonder if they're actually going to shoot a scene in 'rain.' If so, the production crew will have a rainbar set up somewhere---and it will be historic.

The very quick shot in CR (of the rain coming down through the trees) is the first depiction of rain in any Bond film, and actually having any sort of narrative action taking place in the rain would be another first for the franchise. More likely, it will be as if it has recently rained, with the streets being wet and Bond having a coat on.

Personally, I'd love to see Bond have a fight in a driving, Kurosawa-style downpour B-)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    He looks very professional. How 'bout this for a tagline: "This Bond Means BUSINESS."
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent

:)) :)) :))

I supposed you also weren't really trying to get me to pass my morning coffee through my nostrils ... :))
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent

I do. :v

Craig still isn't making it for me. He's looked better.

Sadly, Craig seems to look his best in posters and publicity photos, probably due to the excessive airbrushing. :(
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Hey, I don't really mean to pull a downer... but here's Craig looking haggard again, when at most of his recent showbiz appearances he looks a lot smoother. I guess his Bond is meant to look like that.

:)) Haggard.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    edited January 2008
    Tee Hee wrote:

Shocking. Positively shocking :p

But by all means, stick to the playbook. It certainly worked last time! :007)

Seriously, though...these shots are on the perimeter of the shoot, and obviously Craig never seems to take complimentary stills (this has been somewhat well-addressed over the past two years or so!). I frankly don't care if he looks like Walter Brennan---or Lon Chaney Sr.'s 'Phantom'---in snaps like this, because (to me) he looks just fine in the finished product.

The best part about these 'candid' shots---aside from the excitement of knowing that Bond is being lensed---is the consternation it causes in certain camps {[]

At least the ultra-maroons over at craigsphotoalongsideamonkey.com have a reason to live :)) Here's to the NEXT BIG BOYCOTT! -{
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Interesting pictures. Thanks for the link emtiem.
    At least the ultra-maroons over at craigsphotoalongsideamonkey.com have a reason to live :)) Here's to the NEXT BIG BOYCOTT! -{
    Indeed. And let us hope that the next boycott is as successful as the last one. :)
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Wow, those are actually the best pictures I've seen of him! I love the coat. I would love to know what those scenes are about..it looks like it could be a a funeral to me. Interesting..
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent

Well I hope whoever wrote that enjoys Gerry's latest movie PS, I Love You, which has received some of the most humiliating reviews I've ever read. Gerard might have been ****-of-the-walk after 300, but after the studio counts the cost of this debacle, then I suspect the feeling amongst the money-men will be that Gerry's just a ****. :v
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent
    edited January 2008
    Monique wrote:
    it looks like it could be a a funeral to me. Interesting..

That's what I came on to say. And I hope it's not, if only because having actual spy business in the gloomy rain would be more interesting than a cliched "rainy funeral". Even so, a first, as was pointed out on page 1.

If it IS a funeral, let the speculation begin!
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Predator wrote:

Yes, you can see a single breasted suit coat in a few of the pics.

With the hair and eyes he has kind of a Sinatra look in several of these.
    emtiem wrote:
    Predator wrote:

Maybe ...

However, were it a funeral as suggested above, he would be wearing a black tie.
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Predator wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Predator wrote:

Maybe ...

Definitely an overcoat.

daniel-craig-bond-22-11.jpg
    Predator wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Predator wrote:

Maybe ...

Well exactly. And not many funerals happen in modernist apartment buildings in central London, either!
  • Bentley Mark IVBentley Mark IV TexasPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    I have seen on the board some debate regarding the watch that Bond will be wearing in 22. In one of the first pictures we can see that Craig is wearing a Planet Ocean with a stainless strap. It appears to be the standard-size model however, not the large-size from CR.

On a side note, what are people feelings on the large-size model? Cool/modern? Not as classy?
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:

Craig still isn't making it for me. He's looked better.

Sadly, Craig seems to look his best in posters and publicity photos, probably due to the excessive airbrushing. :(

You're probably right.

IDK, but once again DC looked "un-James Bond-like" in those shots.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Another day, another Craig lookalike...

In the shot above, you expect him to say something in harsh stacatto tones like, "Better than to bargain away, our advantage!" :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

In the last couple of shots it looks like Bond is mad about something. M looks like she has something on her mind to. I just wonder if these are shots of the filming/rehearsal?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent
    I wonder if you guys could clarify the "black tie" thing regarding a funeral. British thing? Or just an assumption that he'd be wearing all black if it was a funeral. And the scene could be coming from/going to a funeral, so the locale doesn't really matter.

But again, I just hope the rain and overcoat are just tonal decisions for the film.
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    I wonder if you guys could clarify the "black tie" thing regarding a funeral. British thing? Or just an assumption that he'd be wearing all black if it was a funeral.
    I didn't realise this was a British thing, however almost everyone in Great Britain when attending a funeral wears a solid black tie (without stripes, patterns etc). Women wear some combination of all black. This is the 'done thing' at any rate, and I should imagine Bond would certainly wear a solid black tie if attending a funeral.
    Yup- I'm willing to bet he's wearing one at the beginning of TWINE.