First pictures of Craig as Bond in 22

2»

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Yup- I'm willing to bet he's wearing one at the beginning of TWINE.

Your right, Bond is wearing a solid black tie. But, Robinson and Tanner aren't. Tanner has a black tie with white dots and Robinson has a dark blue (maybe black) tie with gold stripes forming diamonds. It looked like there was a white logo in each diamond also. I could be wrong.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Dame Judi's done some filming as well...perhaps she's assassinated and Bond is being filmed en route to her funeral... :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Another day, another Craig lookalike...

In the shot above, you expect him to say something in harsh stacatto tones like, "Better than to bargain away, our advantage!" :D

:)) Good eye Nap! {[]

Dame Judi's done some filming as well...perhaps she's assassinated and Bond is being filmed en route to her funeral... :v

Did you ever consider the possibility that it is Vesper's funeral? Afterall, Bond 22 will 'supposedly' open only a few minutes after the events of CR. If you think about it, Eva Green doesn't exactly need to be there in the flesh in order to film her funeral.

I can already hear Dan's cries of satisfaction, as a baffled movie theatre audience turns their heads... :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Looks to me like he could be tracking someone or doing some spying and love the fact that its rainy, or it atleast looks like it recently rained in the scene, adds more realism to an already realistic Bond, I love it :D
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:

After all, Bond 22 will 'supposedly' open only a few minutes after the events of CR. If you think about it, Eva Green doesn't exactly need to be there in the flesh in order to film her funeral.

Ah, you've stumbled on something. If Bond 22 begins a few minutes after CR, then unless there's a flash forward during the film, the events all take place some time in 2006. Watch out for dates on cell phones!

It means, in any case, that Bond 22 is history before it's even started! :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Did you ever consider the possibility that it is Vesper's funeral? Afterall, Bond 22 will 'supposedly' open only a few minutes after the events of CR. If you think about it, Eva Green doesn't exactly need to be there in the flesh in order to film her funeral.

Why would M go to Vesper's funeral? And surely Bond would be wearing more funereal clothing, if you're suggesting the scenes we're seeing here are to/from the funeral? Why would M be carrying a briefcase to/from a funeral?
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Geeeez. I'm sorry I even brought up the funeral thing if emtiem is going to obsessively shoot down every possible theory. It was a very quick glimpse I took, and a very quick first impression. I didn't blow up the picture, or go back a hundred times to see who he was with, what he was carrying, where he came out of and who was standing around, analyze the color of his tie, or wonder about British pomp and circumstance regarding funeral attire. It was a just a fleeting observation, which, now I'm sure I as wrong. Yeeesh.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Tee Hee wrote:

Why would M go to Vesper's funeral? And surely Bond would be wearing more funereal clothing, if you're suggesting the scenes we're seeing here are to/from the funeral? Why would M be carrying a briefcase to/from a funeral?

I can't see all the pictures, but I don't see why there couldn't be some sort of Vesper funeral scene. Maybe Judi is just hanging around for the next scene.
    Monique wrote:
    Geeeez. I'm sorry I even brought up the funeral thing if emtiem is going to obsessively shoot down every possible theory. It was a very quick glimpse I took, and a very quick first impression. I didn't blow up the picture, or go back a hundred times to see who he was with, what he was carrying, where he came out of and who was standing around, analyze the color of his tie, or wonder about British pomp and circumstance regarding funeral attire. It was a just a fleeting observation, which, now I'm sure I as wrong. Yeeesh.

It's a discussion forum. If you don't want people discussing ideas and theories, then I'd have to advise that you don't come here. I was just listing the reasons which suggest that these photos probably aren't from two parts of a funeral scene; although anything could of course happen- we don't know. Notice I phrased my posts as questions- not statements of fact: I, of course, know no more than you.
    It wasn't even as if I was responding to your post- the problem really isn't with me; please don't try to pass veiled insults onto me just because I dare to suggest that a theory might be off base a little- it's a terribly overblown reaction.
    highhopes wrote:
    I can't see all the pictures, but I don't see why there couldn't be some sort of Vesper funeral scene. Maybe Judi is just hanging around for the next scene.

Yeah- could well be. I don't get the feeling that these pictures are from that, although I couldn't rule it out, obviously- especially in the Bond photos. We'll find out in time.
    emtiem wrote:
    Why would M go to Vesper's funeral?

Uh, last time I checked Vesper was a member of Her Majesty's Treasury. Is she not important enough to warrant an appearance from the head of MI6? Isn't M's identity a secret anyway?

Just speculating em.

-Roger Moore
    Do any of these 'spy shots' depict M and Bond together? I hadn't heard if this was supposed to be a scene with them together.

Mr. Hee: Of course it could be Vesper's funeral. I was being tongue-in-cheek (and admittedly a bit wishful) :v
    Tee Hee wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Why would M go to Vesper's funeral?

Uh, last time I checked Vesper was a member of Her Majesty's Treasury. Is she not important enough to warrant an appearance from the head of MI6? Isn't M's identity a secret anyway?

Just speculating em.

'Uh', I don't really see why- the Treasury and MI6 have nothing in common particularly apart from both working for the same Government. It might happen if there was some sort of operational reason i.e. something going down at the funeral itself or she had to meet the treasury head or something, but I don't really see it being all that likely- we don't even know if she met Vesper and she wasn't in her department; not even the Foreign Office.
    And especially not in those shots- looks like some sort of rush hour thing there, plus she's got a briefcase, which'd be a bit rude. Like saying 'I've just stopped off at the funeral quickly on my way somewhere else'! :)
    edited January 2008
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Uh
    emtiem wrote:
    'Uh'

Achoooo! :o

Gesundheit...

:D
    All those 'Uh's make me think of Robert Plant in the middle of 'Whole Lotta Love' :)
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    All those 'Uh's make me think of Robert Plant in the middle of 'Whole Lotta Love' :)
    Em, here's a little tip. You've been banned temporarily in the past for your general attitude on these forums. A good example of which is the 'uh' when quoting Tee Hee. Just stop pulling on people's coat tails and not letting go for stating their opinion, accept them, and stop being patronising in such quotes or next time your removal will be permanent. You've been warned enough over your abrasive stay here.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    If it is a funeral, it's likely for someone we've never met, a Bond 22-centric character, or even the forever-unseen relative of a Bond 22-centric character, like...

Some minister had their daughter go off and OD, so now MI6 have drug smuggling as Priority One, or some such bit of standard thriller plotting. Just a guess, good as any right now I suppose.
    edited January 2008
    emtiem wrote:
    Em, here's a little tip. You've been banned temporarily in the past for your general attitude on these forums. A good example of which is the 'uh' when quoting Tee Hee. Just stop pulling on people's coat tails and not letting go for stating their opinion, accept them, and stop being patronising in such quotes or next time your removal will be permanent. You've been warned enough over your abrasive stay here.

Apologies; I quoted the 'uh' because I found it patronising when Tee Hee used it against me in the first place; it's not a pleasant turn of phrase. I as saw it Tee Hee and I are not having trouble accepting each others' opinions, just trading our reasons for thinking what may or may not be happening in these pictures. You'll notice that I've even been saying 'I don't know for certain; could be a funeral' etc. in my responses; hardly unable to accept peoples' opinions. I've even been joking with Tee Hee; apart from his 'uh' I think we're having a pleasant chat.
    edited January 2008
    emtiem wrote:
    Moonraker5 wrote:

Apologies; I quoted the 'uh' because I found it patronising when Tee Hee used it against me in the first place; it's not a pleasant turn of phrase.

Em's right, I dropped the first "uh." So I refuse to allow him to take the fall alone on this one.

I guess I responded that way Em because the quickness by which you are shooting down out theories appears to me as if you're so sure of yourself, when in reality we both know squat. :))

Sorry Em. Sorry M5. I'll heed your warning and honor your request to try and keep it friendly. :)
    emtiem wrote:
    I as saw it Tee Hee and I are not having trouble accepting each others' opinions, just trading our reasons for thinking what may or may not be happening in these pictures. You'll notice that I've even been saying 'I don't know for certain; could be a funeral' etc. in my responses; hardly unable to accept peoples' opinions. I've even been joking with Tee Hee; apart from his 'uh' I think we're having a pleasant chat.

That's how I see it too Em. So let's continue this 'pleasant chat' shall we? :D

-Roger Moore