Press Conference

Apparantly the Press Conference is going aheead tomorrow.

This isn't officially confirmed, only speculation.

http://www.mi6forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=40486

Anyhow, still fab news!

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Great to hear. We're all in serious need of new information to digest/decry/speculate upon :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    Remember the CR conference when DC was announced? Commentary here as it happened, as each little point (No Q! No Moneypenny!) emerged. Hope it's the same again.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Only this time lets hope theres a title announced! :D
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Thanks for the update...and the link (know I know why AJB is the only forum I post on. About half the posts there was profanity trying to pose as intelligent exuberance). Anyway, it looks like we might very well find out a title very soon.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Do we have a time yet? I'm hoping Sky News will cover it live.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,721MI6 Agent
    I don't think it's until about 5pm, annoyingly.

Fingers crossed for a title! It's not a certainty (Bond 20 didn't have one at this stage) but there's got to be a good chance of it, surely? :)
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Remember the CR conference when DC was announced? Commentary here as it happened, as each little point (No Q! No Moneypenny!) emerged. Hope it's the same again.

So do I. But wouldn't it be terrible if the title is something everyone hated/loved? Unlikely, but what an terrible thought to contemplate. Eleven months of insufferable logrolling would be almost too much to bear ... :))
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Really, since the cast is in place and shooting has begun, I think all they really have left to reveal is the title. (Well, that and a few plot details to whet our appetites and the name of the villain--but why call a press conference for those things?) Hmmm. . .wouldn't it be funny, though, if the producers decided to take a leaf from Cloverfield and say, "Guess what? Bond 22 kind of stuck, so it's the title after all!"
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    Thanks for the update...and the link (know I know why AJB is the only forum I post on. About half the posts there was profanity trying to pose as intelligent exuberance). Anyway, it looks like we might very well find out a title very soon.

:)).:))That's exactly what I thought when I clicked over to that other forum. Although I might have more of a chance to post over there. On AJB someone has usually already made my point, and more eloquently than I could ever hope to. And then I find out on the "How Old Are You Forum" that they are 15.:#

Anyway I hope we get the title and it is not Bond 22.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    So what is a photocall? If the press conference doesn't include a title annoucement, it just may be to confirm the cast, confirm the script, confirm the release date and maybe why they choose the actors and actresses. I hope I'm wrong, I'd like a title annouced to.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • MacrossmasterMacrossmaster Tulsa, OKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Solari from the MI6 forums discovered "quantumofsolace.com" was registered on January 22 by Sony Pictures. The website leads back to Sony's website.

Pretty good evidence, but still it remains to be seen.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Solari from the MI6 forums discovered "quantumofsolace.com" was registered on January 22 by Sony Pictures. The website leads back to Sony's website.

Pretty good evidence, but still it remains to be seen.

Interesting. I thought Sony might have registered the domain name just to keep others from using it (QOS has been bandied about so much anyone could create a "real" website with that as the domain); so I also tried "risico.com" and "propertyofalady.com". The first led me to a message that the domain name could be for sale, and the second is a website for a jewelry seller! Gads. . .we just might have that Merchant-Ivory-sounding title after all. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • MacrossmasterMacrossmaster Tulsa, OKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN...

THE REMAINS OF THE DAY!

Yeah, I hear you on the MI quality. Well, we'll see. Tomorrow morning in the states oughta be interesting. :)
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    After making fun of Property of a Lady as more fitting for a Henry James novel, it occurs to me that Turn of the Screw would make a damn good title for a Bond film.

I think the the press conference might do several things: introduce the title, unveil the poster, even launch a Web site. I agree with Hardy that a press conference seems a bit much just to announced a title.
    highhopes wrote:
    I think the the press conference might do several things: introduce the title, unveil the poster, even launch a Web site. I agree with Hardy that a press conference seems a bit much just to announced a title.

Nah- they always do these when they've begun filming to show off the girls, the cast, probably a car etc. CR had that little one in Prague with Craig and Judi, plus one in the Bahamas with the girls. Sometimes they don't even have a title (Die Another Day- remember those shots of Pierce leaning on a Vanquish? They all come from the press conference) so I wouldn't expect much more.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    A teaser poster would be nice...
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,285MI6 Agent
    Well now more than ever the title QOS fits the mourning-after feel of Bond 22, in that Bond avenges Vesper and gets some sort of measure of solace from it. It fits.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    It does look like it's happening rather soon- Judi's on Sky News at 1pm or so (it's just gone 12pm here).
    emtiem wrote:
    It does look like it's happening rather soon- Judi's on Sky News at 1pm or so (it's just gone 12pm here).

Cheers Em. I'm watching it now, but they're still going on about Peter Hain. Politician is corrupt shocker! :o :)) But the lovely Kay Burley is up next. A redhead in a power suit. Perfect.
    I've just clicked on Sky interactive, and there's a window dedicated to Bond 22. It hasn't started yet. They're playing Bond music, over a red background. But it must be imminent.
    Good to see Sky News get theor priorities right! ;)

We're still waiting for the announcement that emtiem was talking about......
    Which announcement? The title?

Here you go: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7206997.stm
  • TOOTSTOOTS Posts: 114MI6 Agent
    Title revealed at Pinewood and reported on BBC News - Quantum of Solace.

Showed brief glimpses of filming including Daniel Craig leaping to a cable in an ornate, high-vaulted room and talking to a blonde girl by a computer in a high tech room backed by a circular staircase.
    An art gallery apparently- and him meeting M in the snow.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    John Drake wrote:
    ... But it must be imminent.

Unlikely to be on Sky for a while .... Trust Peter Hain to resign today when he should have done it a week ago X-( ...

Still, we now have our title ....
    Dame Judi's looking good and says the M/007 relationship is "pretty prickly". BB says Forster's a great storyteller (and won't say the budget except it's "Too high!")
    Clips!

Go about 26mins in to see Craig swinging around like a madman!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6090000/newsid_6091500/6091552.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm&news=1&bbcws=1
    MGW's explaining that although QOS is a Fleming story, it isn't typical. BB says she hopes there'll be more DC in swimming trunks. JD says she's got more to do in this one, including "a few more gadgets..."
    No Q or Moneypenny again- as yet, anyway.
    Just saw the clip of it on ITV News.

Danny Craig did his own stunts by jumping from a rope to another in one scene.....also showed a clip of Bond and M.