Teaser poster

The teaser poster for QOS is now on the official website:

http://007.com/

Looks pretty cool. :007)

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,472Chief of Staff
    Now that I like. But no title? ?:)
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    It's in itty-bitty print at the bottom. ;)

Like that the image picks up where Bond left off...plus, isn't the extended CR DVD due out soonish? A little bit of dual marketing? :v
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I'm I missing something by reference of "teaser" but please don't tell me that is the poster.

No likey. AT ALL.:'(
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    blueman wrote:

Good Lord, my eyes must be aging faster than I thought. I can't see that at all! Obviously it'll be bigger in the full-size version.

Someone must give me the name of their oculist...
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Much too simple for my taste. Another example of EON trying not to be obvious, which is daring and cool, but in this case, I think it´s too plain and understated. I liked much better the CR teaser.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    This computer doesn't have the right Flashplayer. But it's the one with the castle and Bond pointing his gun, right?
    Craig looks a lot like Jeremy Irons on that poster, don't you think?
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    LOVE IT!!

Is that machine gum gonna be a trademark of Craig's tenure rather like the P99 was for Brosnan I wonder?

Can anyone tell me where and when the actual paper poster will be available for purchase?
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    This computer doesn't have the right Flashplayer. But it's the one with the castle and Bond pointing his gun, right?

Wrong. Click on the Poster tab. It's the one with Bond's shadow, with 007 November 2008 at the bottom. I like it. When did we get a teaser trailer in 2006?
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    blueman wrote:

Good Lord, my eyes must be aging faster than I thought. I can't see that at all! Obviously it'll be bigger in the full-size version.

Someone must give me the name of their oculist...

I couldn't see it either till I read that someone else had seen the teeny print, and enlarged it.
    I'm guessing at some point we'll get a second teaser, with the title.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    All I can say is:

YAWN

The CR teaser was so much cooler. It had atmosphere. This one is not very interesting to look at IMO. Even the shadow seems amateruishly photoshopped.
    The "shadow" concept reminds me a little of the Phantom Menace teaser poster, where little Anakin throws Darth Vader's shadow.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    Interesting that the emphasis is on "007." Could this be a sign that EON or Columbia (or both) have little confidence in the title at this stage?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Interesting that the emphasis is on "007." Could this be a sign that EON or Columbia (or both) have little confidence in the title at this stage?

I was thinking that. I do wonder if it is still subject to change, Licence Revoked style, if they don't get the response they want...
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    I don't think it means they have no confidence, they just know it's a hard sell. I'm sure the normal posters will have the title, but this is just a teaser to get the general public aware.

And it's also my desktop. :007)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I think it's alright. I don't think it's a great poster, but I think it gets the job done. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I think it's very effective, and probably sets the tone for the piece.

At any rate, it's convinced me. I'm going to see this one... :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    I think its okay, not particularly inspired - especially compared with CR's first teaser poster.

I think it looks more like an advertisement for a Bond videogame :(|)
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    It's not bad. It's not good. It's just blah...dull and uninteresting in my opinion.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    What the hell is wrong with you lot????? We have been waiting months for EON to indulge us and now we have BOTH a title and a poster!! You just can't please some people!!

When have EON EVER got it wrong? People said Lazenby was crap, and he's turned out to be hugely popular with purists. They said Moore was camp, but that appealed to audiences in the 1970s just what was needed at the time. Dalton was too dark......Brosnan too thin (?) remember that one; oh and Craig too short, too blonde and too ugly!

I think that QoS is a great title. The poster is excellent (and on my desktop too) and the tone is set. I can't believe we have the title and poster so soon. My guess is a teaser trailer is well on the way but, I guess, some fans won't be satisfied with that either.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited February 2008
    Hopefully the first of a few. Can't say I'm inspired or excited by it, but nor do I loathe it...then again there's not much to it to loathe. It's just, "there", I guess.

Ho hum. Only a poster, a teaser at that, and no indication can be taken from it what to expect.

As for having no title, neither did the teaser for TWINE, which also had a bit of a mouthful as a title. Perhaps it was deemed too destracting and complex in appearance (it's an awkward looking phrase, Quantum of Solace) for a simple teaser.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    My initial reaction was less than enthused, but the more I look at the new poster, the more I like it. Its simple and dark. I think EON is on the money with the marketing for the Craig era. The poster fits the tone of Craigs Bond IMO. And it leaves something to be desired and doesn't give anything away, which is a good thing in my mind.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    When have EON EVER got it wrong?

I can hear a rumble. . .uh-oh. . .take cover!

AVALANCHE COMING!!!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • ahh mr bondahh mr bond Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    My first reaction was "Mmmmm" but its not too bad...I think it sort of reflects Daniel's Bond-gritty and dark.

I must admit i do prefer the CR one, but this one is growing on me
  • Another LoeffelholzAnother Loeffelholz "a different position."Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    I dig it. Good subtle image that kinda states the point of the film without words. It says Bond is coming, and he's lookin' for revenge. Great "Teaser". B-)
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

Hardyboy, are you suggesting that EON or Columbia don't have a healthy quantum of solace for Quantum of Solace? :D

Personally, I like the teaser. It's almost like a teaser teaser because it's so simplistic, if that makes sense. Very plain indeed. However, the true Bond fans can tell that's Bonds shadow taken almost right from the pose at the end of the movie and for me that creates a feeling of "what happens next?" For those who follow the series more casually the message gets out that the next OO7 film is coming this November.

It's subtle, it leaves a lot to the imagination and I like that. I would sooner be forced to think about what something is trying to portray rather than be "spoon fed" the details.
  • GrishenkoGrishenko Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    The teaser poster is awesome. Be sure that a more detailed, comprehensive poster will be released (after they have more footage and know what the film will look like)...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
    Can't say I'm inspired or excited by it, but nor do I loathe it...then again there's not much to it to loathe. It's just, "there", I guess.

My thoughts exactly, Moonie.

I'll buy it, but I won't rush out to get it framed for display. It's nice to have 'something' though.
    YNWA 97
    Smoke_13 wrote:
    I would sooner be forced to think about what something is trying to portray rather than be "spoon fed" the details.

Hear, hear- that's what I liked about the poster. Questions asked but not answered.
  • a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    I dig it. Good subtle image that kinda states the point of the film without words. It says Bond is coming, and he's lookin' for revenge. Great "Teaser". B-)

Agreed, it's really effective as a 'teaser'.

However, I find baffling that they effectively didn't bother with the title and their choice for terrain. What is this? A bed of a dried up lake, or of some sea? It's neither Bond-ian, nor does it recall the ending of CR.

I, too, would hope this would be the first of many teasers.

Btw, what was the teaser for CR? The close-up shot of Craig in a tux pointing the gun? If so, was there ever such a poster, or was it just a publicity pic?
    a rogue AI wrote:
    Btw, what was the teaser for CR? The close-up shot of Craig in a tux pointing the gun? If so, was there ever such a poster, or was it just a publicity pic?

Craig at the gaming table. Moody and dark.