Coke Zero

delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
i dont know if this has been stated before but coke zero will get a plug in qos at the dominic greene party and in asia at least there will be bond cans and a bond competition linked to the asia points game that the kids play here...i personally think craigs bond is more of a rola cola kwik save own brand myself but there you go...

Comments

• 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    who loves coke zero i do
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    I have to say that I drink Coke Zero, only diet soda I found that actually tastes good. Having said that, Bond should not be drinking a soft drink of any kind. Perhaps it is just a product placement on the table somewhere.
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    yes they will have bottles lined up behind the bar...as subtle as the tank chase goldeneye plug i hope...hahahaha
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    here is some more info on it...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/49585/Zero-zero-seven-Bond-sups-no-cal-Coke/

and here is a pic.

Bond-COKE-175.jpg

which interestingly brings us back to the debate of whether it's 'double O' seven, or zero, zero seven, like this brand is linking too. (I personally think it's double O, but there you go..not a fan of the drink myself, much prefer diet coke! :D )
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I was of the opinion, that diet Coke has the same recipie as Coke zero, and they have introduced the zero only to get male consumers to the product as Coke light was too female imaged.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    er, I don't think so. I've been drinking diet coke for years...and I dislike Coke zero, and I can't believe it's just the packaging that is sublimely making me not like it :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    There's some confusion with Pepsi Diet and Pepsi Max or something, as bloke's don't like Diet drinks, it's too female, but it's much the same product. Zero is a diff product, however.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    Is there a release date for it, I was in Tesco about 20 minutes ago, No 'By Royal Command' and no Coke Zero ?
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Coke Zero has a different formula and sweetener than Diet Coke. Coke Zero uses Acesulfame Potassium and Diet Coke uses Aspartame. The marketing is aimed at men with the thinking that men didn't like drinking "diet" drinks, but will drink a "zero" sugar calorie drink. I drink both, more than I should about three 20 oz bottles a day. I prefer the taste of Coke Zero, but everyones preference is different.

If Bond actually drinks a Coke Zero in the movie that would be a big appeal to men I would guess. Thinking back to the novels, I don't think Bond ever drank a soft drink. Maybe tonic water, but I think that is it.
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    Do you know if it is release any where else than Harrods ? If it is limited editon how many are made and will they cost the same regular price as a normal packaging ?

"The limited edition bottles will roll out in UK department store Harrods next month"
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    They'll probably sell on eBay. To be honest I'm not bothered about it, it's just to grab your money. I've been to Londdon on trips a few times and it's very dear, 'Harrods' is the most expensive shop in town. I've visited a couple of times and it's a complete rip-off, for a chocolate bar it costs about £2.50! Imagine how much a small glass bottle of 'Coke Zero' will cost
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    i have just seen the 1 minute coke zero bond ad with the white stripes music...ok ad based on a bond credit sequence...i hope and believe that is not the qos theme tune...what next a bond burger?
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    For those of you that haven't seen the ad here it is:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/sep/11/advertising.thewhitestripes
    Simon
    oh, I like that ad, very much B-)
    And the music seems to be going in the right direction....can't wait to hear the whole song now....
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    I like the ad and I like the music. I've definitely heard worse Bond music.

On a side note, does anyone remember the scene in Dr. No, I think there was a fight in a the back room of a club or something. There were boxes of Red Stripe beer stacked up all over the place. Early product placement???
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Until they make it with Spenda, I won't drink it!!!!
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Until they make it with Spenda, I won't drink it!!!!

I've heard many horror stories about Aspartame too, but I like Coke Zero's taste so much that I can't stop drinking it.

Sometimes, I wonder why so few diet drinks are made with Splenda? I've been looking for an alternative to diet drinks with aspartame for some time, but haven't found any good one.
    Hmm, which famous ones use Splenda?

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Diet Coke has a version that uses Splenda, but IMO it doesn't taste as good as Coke Zero.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,685Chief of Staff
    Hate the drink, like the advert, love the tune :D
    YNWA 97
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Wonder if the final four piano notes of the advert are an important element of AWTD, perhaps even the opening. I can just imagine the advert deliberately ending with a cheeky nod to this recognizable part of the song...
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Cool ad, and I wonder if we're being given a taste (so to speak) of what the QoS titles will look like--earthquakes, leggy women, fist-fights. . . Heck, I even think the black-and-red color combination looks pretty nifty.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Absolutely and utterly detesting that tune with a sheer vengeance! :#

Sounds like the opening riff to You Know My Name, ruined by some crappy trumpets and just generally sounds a wee bit tacky. But then, just a tune for an advert. Maybes (hopefully, from my point of view) it couldn't be farther removed from the theme tune.
    unitedkingdom.png
    CBn said that the ad's soundtrack "may be a segment of the instrumental portion of [Another Way To Die]".

Inclined to agree, not that I have too much emotionally invested in this movie. Not much point getting someone unusual to do the theme if it's just going to sound generic.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,685Chief of Staff

Miserable old bugger :))

I can't get the tune out of my head - which is a good thing - honest :D
    YNWA 97
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    I remember, upon my first hearing of YKMN, thinking those little trumpet stabs during the "If you come inside, things will not be the same" section were incredibly tacky. I'm getting that vibe from the entire sound of this advert :o
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    According to Pitchforkmedia (whoever they are), Jack White is not a happy camper:

Jack White: Don't Blame Me for that Bond Coke Ad

Jack White wants you to know that he had nothing to do with the decision to use his music in that James Bond-themed Coke Zero ad. Here's the statement from his management:

"Jack White was commissioned by Sony Pictures to write a theme song for the James Bond film Quantum of Solace, not for Coca-Cola. Any other use of the song is based on decisions made by others, not by Jack White. We are disappointed that you first heard the song in a co-promotion for Coke Zero, rather than in its entirety."
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited September 2008

Sounds like the opening riff to You Know My Name, ruined by some crappy trumpets and just generally sounds a wee bit tacky. But then, just a tune for an advert. Maybes (hopefully, from my point of view) it couldn't be farther removed from the theme tune.

I actually think I like it a lot---or, at least, what I've heard of it. Sounds like basically the intro to the song, plus (possibly) the bridge...? Not much to go on, since we hear none of the vocals/lyrics, but I LOVE the guitar work, and I hope there are more horns in the piece than just the "da-da-da-da-da-da" at the top of the guitar riff.
    Hardyboy wrote:
    According to Pitchforkmedia (whoever they are), Jack White is not a happy camper:

Jack White: Don't Blame Me for that Bond Coke Ad

Jack White wants you to know that he had nothing to do with the decision to use his music in that James Bond-themed Coke Zero ad. Here's the statement from his management:

"Jack White was commissioned by Sony Pictures to write a theme song for the James Bond film Quantum of Solace, not for Coca-Cola. Any other use of the song is based on decisions made by others, not by Jack White. We are disappointed that you first heard the song in a co-promotion for Coke Zero, rather than in its entirety."

Not good news for M5! ;) I share in Black's disappointment that bits of his song first appeared via a soft drink ad---to me, that's the tacky part---but I'm very excited by what I've heard :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Cool ad, and I wonder if we're being given a taste (so to speak) of what the QoS titles will look like--earthquakes, leggy women, fist-fights. . . Heck, I even think the black-and-red color combination looks pretty nifty.

I'd guess not; let's not forget what the Coke Zero brand colours are after all! :)
    The tune's definitely real- it simply sounds like Jack White, plus it sounds like Bond: I'm looking forward to it. I just found this review of it, so I'm guessing we should be hearing it very soon indeed:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/sep/14/popandrock.aliciakeys

I love Jack's lyric in that bit! :)