Coke Zero

2»

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited September 2008
    Thanks, em. Yeah, the Memphis Horns! B-) I'd heard that, and forgotten about it.

When the reviewer calls it a 'Southern Rock 'n Soul Potboiler,' it seems obvious that there's much more to it than meets the ear in the Coke Zero advert...! Still, that minute of music has definitely got my full attention. With the trailer out, it looks as if the next event to anticipate (other than the gearing-up of the press junket) is AWTD's release. Middle of October, isn't it?
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    looks as if the next event to anticipate (other than the gearing-up of the press junket) is AWTD's release. Middle of October, isn't it?

I think it's the end of this month, isn't it? Might be wrong, though.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I hope you're right! I'm ready to hear it right now... :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    emtiem wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Cool ad, and I wonder if we're being given a taste (so to speak) of what the QoS titles will look like--earthquakes, leggy women, fist-fights. . . Heck, I even think the black-and-red color combination looks pretty nifty.

I'd guess not; let's not forget what the Coke Zero brand colours are after all! :)
    The tune's definitely real- it simply sounds like Jack White, plus it sounds like Bond: I'm looking forward to it. I just found this review of it, so I'm guessing we should be hearing it very soon indeed:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/sep/14/popandrock.aliciakeys

I love Jack's lyric in that bit! :)

Oh, I know what the Coke Zero colors are--I simply said that they look nifty, and I wouldn't mind seeing a Bond title sequence with them. And thanks for the link--I'm looking forward to this song!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Classy lyrics.

I know, I know, I need to hear the full thing. But with crappy White Stripes frontman, dull, wailing Alicia Keyes and that tacky 1 minute snippet, I'm not feeling good about this theme.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    Classy lyrics.

I think they're rather fun: at least we're not being 'teased and tantilised' again! :)
    But with crappy White Stripes frontman

Well we all know what they say about opinions and how everyone's got one, but I'm a bit surprised you don't like him: I think his stuff is really interesting. This track already sounds pretty Raconteurs-ish, and that's a good thing from where I'm standing. I'm with you on Keyes, but she looks nice and can sing a tune, so White being onboard makes this much more interesting for me.
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Well I have to say I'm enjoying what I have heard so far. I'm getting pulled into the hype and can say I'm enjoying the ride! I think this tune will be far better than You Know My Name I just wish it was available now!
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    I found 'You Know My Name' suddenly grew on me, and then I couldn't get enough of it. I loved it, even though I couldn't really stand the rest of the Cornell album. Nevertheless, I really did buy a whole album just for one record.

Sad, I know.

This one - I don't know. I'll have to hear the whole thing, and then a couple of times to be sure. One thing's for sure, it can't be worse than Die Another Day which is surely the worst Bond theme ever.
  • jimbo55jimbo55 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi,

Sorry to the admins, I had posted the link on a new thread. Oops! :) But this ad-> http://cokezerobond.com/ Is this the one that Jack White freaked out about?
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Got to say it's growing on me, I saw the Coke ad in the cinema last night and the theme just fit and sounded really good on the sound system. I've only heard the actual song a couple of times but the more I hear it in context the more I like it.

Given the opening titles I think it's going to work well, then be catchy catchy catchy!

Also got to see the trailer ont he big screen and it's all turning out to be something quite excellent!
    Simon
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Why can't the ad music be played over the titles? It sounds much better.
  • agent_at_the_matrixagent_at_the_matrix Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    now thats bad marketing:
    'coke zero - another way to die'
    ;);):)):))
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,779MI6 Agent
    Grrrr I hate product placement!

There is a massive billboard poster fo Coke Oh (if its supposed to be the same as double oh seven, it must be Coke oh!) :007) near Temple Meads station here in Bristol. Drives me up the wall.
    Ok, advertising is a neccesary evil, but it should be effective through subtlety within film!

Ahem, rant over!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?