Come Hell Or High Water - The thread for the short story series project.

scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
edited November 2008 in James Bond Literature
Ok as some of you will know I am trying to bring together a collection of five stories to be added under one collective title for the fanfiction library.

Those of you who are definitely hoping to contribute to this project can you pm me ASAP to let me know your progress with regards to submission. On completion of your tales I will give you the email adress to email the manuscripts to me.
This project is going to be the AJB Christmas publication -so it is imperative that we get moving on this -for it to be completed in time.

The official collaborative novel will then start its planning process in the new year.

The five Story Collection will be titled

(Main Title)Ian Fleming's James Bond in Come Hell or High Water
(Subtitle) (Five obstacles -One man - A short story collection)

On receipt of the five tales -a suitable cover with images taken from each tale will be created.

We really must get this project underway -so get to it guys! :D

Jason.

Comments

• Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    How about a short story adaption of TD's un-made early-90's Bond film?
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    How about a short story adaption of TD's un-made early-90's Bond film?

go for it - all submissions are welcome.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    While I'd love to contribute, my time has been extremely limited between work and my evening classes at University. While I could attempt to start something, I simply couldn't promise to have anything completed in time. :#
    Hi guys - I haven't been round much due to my son not being well and now needing an operation. On top of that some of you know my other half is also with child -so therefore my time has been somewhat limited. Anyway If anyone has any short stories they want to submit to me please pm me for my email adress -I will then combine the stories into one document and arrange for a cover to be created by Mid December. If I do not receive at least two more stories in the next couple of weeks though this project may have to be shelved as no one seems particularly interested. So please prove me wrong.
    Cheers.
    Sc1
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    I was planning to write a short story for this, and I still intend to, but I've been busy of late, and I have exams coming up very soon. However, I do have a story in mind, and have worked out a great deal of what I'm going to write so I should be able to do it next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to pull through as I'd hate to miss out.

BTW, Sc1 - I know that Neal Kydd was working on a short story as well. Not sure if he has finished yet, so hopefully we'll be able to get five stories together and release some new fanfiction!
    Golrush007 wrote:
    I was planning to write a short story for this, and I still intend to, but I've been busy of late, and I have exams coming up very soon. However, I do have a story in mind, and have worked out a great deal of what I'm going to write so I should be able to do it next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to pull through as I'd hate to miss out.

BTW, Sc1 - I know that Neal Kydd was working on a short story as well. Not sure if he has finished yet, so hopefully we'll be able to get five stories together and release some new fanfiction!

That sounds great -it will be a shame otherwise -not to have something new for Christmas.

I'm hoping to get back to working on my Short Story - The Assassin's Memorandum soon -I kind of hit a brick wall with it -because of everything that has been going on. Hopefully I will be inspired after watching QOS! :007)
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    I was interested, and still am, but couldn't contribute because my time outside of work has been severely limited lately.

However, I've been toying with an idea for a short story or screenplay, tentatively titled "Nightmare Land", that I plan to complete some time next year. It'll be an homage to some of Fleming's more ... shall we say eccentric ... Bond stories. (The title should give a hint about the identity of one of these stories ;) )
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I'm working on one right now ;)
    207qoznfl4.gif
    I'm working on one right now ;)

Excellent -pm me when its ready. :D
    ok -those of you that are definitely contributing to this production -if I haven't spoken to you via PM recently -I.e in the last couple of weeks -please pm me with your progress -I will then provide you the submission details. At the moment it seems I've only got a couple of tales to include -and mayfind that I will have to add an extract of my own novella -just to pad things out a bit. -something didn't really want to do -but I want be sure our members have something new to read soon!

So look lively guys!
    Ok guys here is the cover for the forthcoming publication that should be ready for Christmas.

bookcoverfinalComeHellOrHighWater.jpg
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    what a great title...looking forward to it
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    I really like that cover, Sc1.

It sort of looks like some image from the YOLT titles.
    How many stories do you have now?
    Is there any other short-story collection's on AJB?

If I were you I'd squeeze in as many as possible before December.
    207qoznfl4.gif
    I really like that cover, Sc1.

It sort of looks like some image from the YOLT titles.

Thankyou -that's my first real attempt at creating a cover.

One of the tales has 007 in Japan -and I like how the red umbrella works as a focal point on the cover -almost like the gunbarrel on the movies. I wanted the cover to be simple and not too complicated.

There should be five short stories in the collection -each around the 30 page mark or so -so plenty for people to read. :D
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Something seems a little "off" about the JB silhouette, but overall the cover is nice.

Maybe reading these can give me the creative jolt I've been looking for for a while now.
    DAWUSS wrote:
    Something seems a little "off" about the JB silhouette, but overall the cover is nice.

Maybe reading these can give me the creative jolt I've been looking for for a while now.

Like I said - I'm a novice when it comes to creating covers. I must admit I would like the JB sillouhette to look a bit sharper. Maybe I will have another go -but essentially it will be as you see it.

I Must say these tales will undoubtedly have something for eveyone in it. The Diversity will make it a very interesting read. :D
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,271MI6 Agent
    I like the cover, whetehr it's off or not!
    Hope u got my contribution!
    Chris

p.s. hope ur boy's ok
    chrisno1 wrote:
    I like the cover, whetehr it's off or not!
    Hope u got my contribution!
    Chris

p.s. hope ur boy's ok

Miles is recovering well -but will need a second operation -but thanks for the regards they are greatly appreciated.

I've just sent you a pm btw - looking forward to your reply.

I'm glad to say this collection is shaping up well -and now I'm getting to collect it all together I can see what kind of publication we are going to have. One that is diverse but full of the excitement and intrigue we all expect from 007 adventures. :D
    Hi guys -I must be jinxed -my pc was seriously infected with some sort of virus that almost killed my pc. I've used the recovery discs to get it back up and running -and I'm trying to get everything back upto date. -however I've made a huge mistake that has annoyed me somewhat. Because I didn't save my own tale to a different disk before restoring -I've lost it. As for everyone elses tales I still have them available in my email account. So I still hope to have a publication -but sadly it will be missing my own tale.Anyway its back to the drawing board for me. sorry guys -Hopefully i won't be too far behind schedule.
    Jason. ;%
    Hi guys -I must be jinxed -my pc was seriously infected with some sort of virus that almost killed my pc. I've used the recovery discs to get it back up and running -and I'm trying to get everything back upto date. -however I've made a huge mistake that has annoyed me somewhat. Because I didn't save my own tale to a different disk before restoring -I've lost it. As for everyone elses tales I still have them available in my email account. So I still hope to have a publication -but sadly it will be missing my own tale.Anyway its back to the drawing board for me. sorry guys -Hopefully i won't be too far behind schedule.
    Jason. ;%

Sh!t happens
    207qoznfl4.gif
    BTW -good news - I thankfully have an older version of my short story back -which with a little re-write will be able to go in the collection after all. :D
    Update: So far there are four tales in the collection -I am awaiting the arrival on one more and the collection will be complete and everything should be processed as scheduled.

The Collection will be forwarded to Si early next week ready for him to add to the site on the fanfiction page sometime over the Christmas period.

I want to thank everyone for their hard work and patience with this project -and continued interest in the fan fiction available here at ajb.

Those that have made it into the collection at the moment are Chrisno1, Hackett, Golrush007 and dare I say it myself. :D - The other stories submitted for this collection that have not been included are because they are not short stories/novellas but screenplay's/ film treatments and do not fit with the collection -but are in no way a reflection on their quality -and will no doubt be added to the fan fiction library next year after the holiday period.

I hope you members will enjoy this unique collection and will provide feedback for its authors after its release.

Cheers,
    Jason.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Great news, indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing the new addition to the fan fic library!
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    I'm looking forward to reading the other stories in the collection. I think that a collection of shorts is a welcome addition to AJB fan-fic library.
    Update: So far there are four tales in the collection -I am awaiting the arrival on one more and the collection will be complete and everything should be processed as scheduled.

I think four is enough to be honest. Maybe next year in 'Come Hell Or High Water 2' :p
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,271MI6 Agent
    sounds good, i will look forward to reading all the contributions, but im away for a few weeks over christmas, so i will have to wait for my Bond fix, hope it all goes well, Jason
    chrisno1 wrote:
    sounds good, i will look forward to reading all the contributions, but im away for a few weeks over christmas, so i will have to wait for my Bond fix, hope it all goes well, Jason

Thankyou Chris. The great thing is this production will be in the fanfic library and accessable to everyone to read anytime and anywhere! :)-{
    Just a little update folks! :) I've created the pdf document and will be emailing that along with the main cover and a brief blurb to Si this afternoon.

I just want to thank everyone for their contributions -this collection is a cracking read -and I am sure many of you will enjoy the tales within.
    Hopefully providing Si doesn't have too many other commitments this collection of tales will be available over the holiday period - As I say it will be in his hands this afternoon.
    {[] Jason
    Ok Its been emailed to Si -so now all we have to do is wait.

Remember when the story is available to download please feel free to provide feedback.

Oh and a Happy Christmas to you all! -{ :D