Who Should Do The Bond 23 Theme Song

13»

Comments

• jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    slinger wrote:
    McCartney again.

Oh, good God no; I've had quite enough of Wacky Fab Thumbs Aloft Macca and his distinctly second rate 21st Century tunes. He was very good up until around, ooh, Mull of Kintyre, but since then plunged into a morass of tedious waffle (exception that proves the rule: the magisterial insanity of The Frog Chorus). Thank you very much.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    scottmu65 wrote:
    lol oddly enough I wouldny mind a Hall and Oates Bond theme lol, does that make me weird?

Anyway, the way the music is going at the moment just get Lady Soverign to do it :))

Hall & Oates' song Private Eyes is like a Bond theme song.
  • slingerslinger USAPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    slinger wrote:
    McCartney again.

Oh, good God no; I've had quite enough of Wacky Fab Thumbs Aloft Macca and his distinctly second rate 21st Century tunes. He was very good up until around, ooh, Mull of Kintyre, but since then plunged into a morass of tedious waffle (exception that proves the rule: the magisterial insanity of The Frog Chorus). Thank you very much.

So...Ringo then? :)
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    OMG only months after the release of QoS the Bond 23 theme has been leaked!!

I cant belive it!!

Heres the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA0K_78UU&feature=related
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited February 2009
    Duffy might be good. I continue to hope that Amy Winehouse might pull herself out of her own personal nosedive :(

It's probably time for something less frantic, and more...cool B-) My fondest wish is still David Bowie...but that grows dimmer as time moves on.

If they go for something that rocks out once again, The Killers would be right up there. I've heard that Scott Weiland (late of Velvet Revolver) will reform with his old Stone Temple Pilot mates. They've got the chops to do a Bond.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    How about this guy? Who's with me?
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Agent Wade wrote:
    How about this guy? Who's with me?

There's a special place in Hades for those who link to that! X-( :v
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    In all seriousness, I think I would like to hear anything that has a lot of energy in it, regardless of genre. I think that high-octane Bond songs really haul ass.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think next time they should go with a ballad and IMHO Christine Aquilera is the best female vocalist on the planet, and could really sell a big " John Barry " Type Melody.
    Pink and Elton John would be great, and as sugested by others why not a duet with Dame Shirley Bassey.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    How about as the've brought back the silhouetted girls for the titles,Why not get The Pussycat Dolls to sing the theme then they can be used silhouettted dancing like Sheena Easton, and after seeing them on the royal variety show their not afraid to perform in their vest and pants, it's just a thought.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Why Not Joaquin Phoenix,
  • Cinema BobCinema Bob Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I've always thought David Bowie would be able to do a grand Bond theme!
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    dancing like Sheena Easton

I would much rather see them dancing like themselves... :p

But I'll get on the Bowie bandwagon. That would be great.

Unlikely, but great.
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
    I think Bowie by turning down the role of Max Zorin has burned his bridges with the Bond team.
  • arthurnegisarthurnegis Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    anyone, as long as its better than the horrendous load of tosh that was Quantum's song. It was utter tripe and sounded amateurish too. By far, the worst Bond song ever.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I think Bowie by turning down the role of Max Zorin has burned his bridges with the Bond team.

He might've been a good Max Zorin...but his declining a part in that fiasco speaks only to his very good judgment, in my opinion.

David Bowie remains my very first choice to do a Bond theme...though I concede I'm likely in an extreme minority, and his time is probably past. He still makes outstanding music, though, and would do a classy job if asked (and if he chose to accept).

We'll never know what might have been :(
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I would love beyond mention a shot for Bowie to perform a Bond song (Please be "Property of a Lady"). As far as looks, talent and voice, he's one of the scarce few men that would turn me, a devoutly heterosexual male, to the other team.

I would concur that turning down a role would only hamper a networking bridge if it was done in an inappropriate manner. I don't take Bowie as the kind of guy to reject a role in a terse demeanor. He strikes me more as the respectfully decline type.