Bond 23 ideas

Comments

• scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    Scottmu65, I had to remove your signature. It shows an image of Craig from QoS, and thus, is copyright EON. As you might know we're forbidden from showcasing official images here. Links are fine, just no piccys. Thanky thanky.

No problemo, I actually thought I had removed them layers in Photoshop before I saved it, sorry for the mix up! {[]
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    Scottmu65, I had to remove your signature. It shows an image of Craig from QoS, and thus, is copyright EON. As you might know we're forbidden from showcasing official images here. Links are fine, just no piccys. Thanky thanky.

While on this subject, are we allowed other Bond images ie paperback covers from the Pan years (presumably not film tie-ins)?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:

While on this subject, are we allowed other Bond images ie paperback covers from the Pan years (presumably not film tie-ins)?
    Books, (without movie grabs), are cool. Heck, NSNA's fine as well. Just no EON/Danjaq.

Thanks again.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I would like a female 00-agent as a recurring charracter, a bit like Tanner or Leither.
    I think she should be 001 because that number hasn't been used in the films. It would also be smart to gradually, over several films, reveal that she's a bisexsual who is mainly lesbian. She only falls in love with women but occationally sleeps with men. This way she can treat men like objects, something that may be usefull in the field and while having an office near 007 ....
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    Make James Bond time travel!
  • XcarmaXcarma BelgiumPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    jorgem wrote:

haha yes, and in the future Bond might run in to some terminators? :o
    jorgem wrote:

God. I hope you're joking!
    Or perhaps you think the invisible car in DAD was a briliant idea? ?:)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    well if we're going to have time travel can I suggest Bond travels to middle earth.:))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The JoemeisterThe Joemeister Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Title: Risico
    James Bond: Daniel Craig
    Maria Freudenstein (Bond Girl): Angelina Jolie
    Herr Von Hammerstein: Terence Stamp
    M: Judi Dench
    Q: John Cleese
    Dexter Smythe (003): Henry Cavill
    Miss Moneypenny: Samantha Bond
    Felix Leiter: Jeffrey Wright
    Sahmir: Djimon Hounsou
    Mr. White: Jesper Christiansen
    Guy Haines: Paul Ritter
    Theme Song: by Duffy
    Locations: London, New York City, Paris, Sardinia-Italy, the Bahamas, and Peru
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    M getting assassinated sounds like a good idea: it could it be part of a bigger strike back scheme by Quantum against Western authorities, although at the same time they're perhaps still too cautious to incur the active wrath of America and Britain, until they've got nothing to lose? Guy Haines coming is a must, alongside Mr. White, since they're the biggest players in the Quantum syndicate so-far and Haines could put British political pressure on MI6 (if he had already, considering the PM had fallen out with MI6 during the course of QoS).
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    M getting assassinated sounds like a good idea: it could it be part of a bigger strike back scheme by Quantum against Western authorities, although at the same time they're perhaps still too cautious to incur the active wrath of America and Britain, until they've got nothing to lose? Guy Haines coming is a must, alongside Mr. White, since they're the biggest players in the Quantum syndicate so-far and Haines could put British political pressure on MI6 (if he had already, considering the PM had fallen out with MI6 during the course of QoS).

Absolutely...and I love the notion of M being discredited, politically, following her death...since it makes perfect sense that Quantum would use the media as an arm of their operations...such things are already happening in real life :o
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    well if we're going to have time travel can I suggest Bond travels to middle earth.:))

I agree! Middle Earth was the period before the Middle ages, right? 8-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    With D Craigs Bond they seem to be making Bond a bit more blue collar,We've had a chase and fight on a hotel building site in CR. Then a chase and fight on a museum/gallery building site in QOS,So mabey for Bond 23 which might be in New York,They could have a chase and fight on a sky-scrapper building site.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Title: Risico/The Property Of A Lady/The Hildebrand Rarity
    James Bond: Daniel Craig
    Bond Girl: Keira Knightley
    M: Judi Dench
    Q: John Cleese
    Miss Moneypenny: Samantha Bond
    Felix Leiter: Jeffrey Wright
    Theme Song: by U2
    Locations: London, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited July 2009
    I love Keira. :x Jarvio, I agree, I think she could make a wonderful Bond girl. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Jarvio wrote:
    Bond Girl: Keira Knightley

A lovely girl, but IMO she ought to have a pizza and some beer. She's wafer-thin :o
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    I also love Keira Knightley, but as I have stated before, i am looking for a more voluptous actress for the next Bond film.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I also love Keira Knightley, but as I have stated before, i am looking for a more voluptous actress for the next Bond film.

If only Jessica Rabbit was real.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    Here’s an idea for the Bond 23 plot. M is intent on ferreting out the Quantum personnel who have infiltrated the government. Her investigations into personnel and agencies within the government have ruffled a lot of feathers and she is forced out and into an early retirement. The new M is also concerned about Quantum’s influence and continues the investigation quietly using Bond. The new M, Bond, and Dame Judi Dench's M have a meeting in Blades where they hatch a plan to catch the high level Quantum double agent in a trap. They could use information overheard during the opera scene meeting from QoS about an upcoming Quantum deal, leak the info, and see who comes to stop them. Or perhaps they could leak that Vesper’s boyfriend has started talking and use him as bait to somehow catch the traitor. Either way I would like to see the double agent send out an assassin like Red Grant to eliminate Bond or maybe Vesper’s boyfriend.

This story line would be more of a spy type story, we could say goodbye Dame Judi Dench’s M and transition to a new M, and we could have a great scene at Blades. It will be difficult to fit a big action scene into the story but we could have some scaled down, suspenseful action instead.

I would also like them to reintroduce a new Moneypenny in the PTS but I already posted that idea earlier so I wont repeat it here.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Sounds good 00-Agent, but what is Blades?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    Mr Martini wrote:
    what is Blades?

It's the London club where Bond plays bridge with Drax (in MR, the novel) and fences with Graves (in DAD, the martyr).
    Have a proper Quantum army numbering in the dozens or hundreds (they're ostensively a security contractor) open fire on a NATO unit to steal the Pakistani warheads they were extracting.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Have a proper Quantum army numbering in the dozens or hundreds (they're ostensively a security contractor) open fire on a NATO unit to steal the Pakistani warheads they were extracting.

Then you might as well call the movie Thunderball Mark III.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I thought that as well, although there are only so many Bond plots to go around. Maybe have a plot more similar to From Russia With Love only this time involving the Chinese and their McGuffin?
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Why not use the Colonel Sun novel, thought make him a Quantum operative and change the plot as needed.
    To me this makes sense as most of the Fleming titles have already been used, and I can not see 007 in New York as a film title, thought I am alright if that story is worked into the screenplay for Bond 23.
    What if Quantum is resourceful enough to make its own nuclear weapons instead of stealing them, like SPECTRE?
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    why not use the hildebrand rarity and update the story like they did with cr. i know they used bits in fyeo but wat the hell it could still make a good film.
    im sure the writers could tie in quantum with it and have bond captured at the end so that in 24 they could use the beginning of tmwtgg where bond returns brainwashed and tries to kill m and this then could be updated so that it turns out bond is not brainwashed and that m is really working for quantum.
    i think it would be so good if 24 is adirect sequel to 23 although a few months later so that all dc films are basically two parters.
    i know hildebrand rarity is not the most in yer face title but think quiller memerandem which was a hell of agood film and even bourne ultimatium issnt exactly eyecatching titlewise yet still a superb film.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    as Craig said "sub marine bases here we come" which i know he didnt mean literally (or maybe he did?) but im glad in the next one Bond is not out for revenge and M isnt everywhere he is and let Bond enjoy himself more, which he understandably didnt in QOS, but i love the whole gritty reboot idea but i think its time for Bond to have some fun and lighten up a bit.
  • Rick RobertsRick Roberts Posts: 536MI6 Agent
    as Craig said "sub marine bases here we come" which i know he didnt mean literally (or maybe he did?) but im glad in the next one Bond is not out for revenge and M isnt everywhere he is and let Bond enjoy himself more, which he understandably didnt in QOS, but i love the whole gritty reboot idea but i think its time for Bond to have some fun and lighten up a bit.

This next one is definetly going be one-shot. It will be light hearted in the sense that the film is concetrating less on Bond's emotionally development.
    Could they have an action scene on a Dubai building site? Although that could be too derivative of the well received Madagascar foot chase.

What about a big cargo freighter passing through the Panama Canal? It could be a mobile Quantum base of operations for one of their evil schemes and it could end with Bond crashing the ship into the side of one of the Canal's locks.