The Birthday Thread

Comments

• GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Believe it or not : Sophia Loren 80 {[]

Frobe was a little too old for Hitler Youth , I think......him being a nazi is old news , he couldn't change what he had supported.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Happy Birthday to, Stephen King -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Happy Birthday to Billie Piper -{ ( Rose Tyler in Dr Who )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Brigitte Bardot 80
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    I thought that was an old story and was later discredited as it emerged
    He had helped several Jewish families, as Goldfinger was going to be banned
    In Israel. ?

Yes, that is correct. The Jewish families came to his defence when the rumours started. Frobe was a member of the Nazi Party but he had never read Hitler's Mein Kampf.

Source: Adrian Turner's book on Goldfinger (1998).
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    To be honest, under Nazi rule it may simply have been a "survival " tactic
    To be a member of the party.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022
    To be honest, under Nazi rule it may simply have been a "survival " tactic
    To be a member of the party.

Exactly and a lot of people joined it in the 1920s and 1930s as they promised "Arbeit und brot" ("Work and bread") at a time of national crisis, mass unemployment, financial disaster and hunger. We can't very well sit in judgment on all who joined the Nazi Party with the benefit of hindsight in 2014 knowing as we know now all of the horrors the Nazi regime wreaked on the world. As a German interviewee said in a documentary I saw once one simply did not know before it took power in January 1933 whether Hitler and Nazism was a good thing with a few bad/evil points or a bad/evil thing with a few good points. Many people believed too (former German Chancellor Franz von Papen especially) that the Nazis could and would be moderated by entering office with a majority of conservatives and other elites. He even thought that Hitler would soon be pushed into a corner and squeaking. Of course, this was not to be, but that's that hindsight thing again, isn't it? Hindsight is wonderful but it always comes too late to be of any use at the time.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Same thing with Arnie's Dad. He was accused of being a Nazi Supporter, but was cleared of these Accusations.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Almost missed Kristina Wayborn's birthday yesterday -{
    Happy birthday to Michael Madsen (DAD ) -{
    It's also happy birthday to Will Smith -{
    and Mark Hamill -{
    Happy Birthday to Martine Beswick -{ ( FRWL & TB )
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

And the dancing girl in the titles of Dr. No--happy birthday!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:

And the dancing girl in the titles of Dr. No--happy birthday!

I'd forgotten that I knew that! :))

Thanks for the reminder Hardyboy! :) -{
    Happy birthday to the model and actress Arielle Vandenberg -{
    The Bond connection, .... The shuttle sent to attack Drax's space
    Station was launched from .............. Vandenberg ! :))
    Happy birthday to the model and actress Arielle Vandenberg -{
    The Bond connection, .... The shuttle sent to attack Drax's space
    Station was launched from .............. Vandenberg ! :))

OK, now don't take this the wrong way but that might be a tad tenuous, TP! :))
    Sadly I've never had my Jab for that ! :))
    Sadly I've never had my Jab for that ! :))

Well don't go digging up rusty nails in your garden then, Mr Malaprop! :))
    as always with AJB007, I learn something new. -{ as I had to look up Malaprop. :))
    as always with AJB007, I learn something new. -{ as I had to look up Malaprop. :))

Yes, I'm a mine of (often) useless information, TP!
    Happy birthday to Anita Ekberg. -{ ( She was the "mouth" in FRWL ) ;)
    Happy birthday to Omid Djalili -{ comedian and engineer in TWINE
    Also Happy birthday to Ian Ogilvy -{ ( The return of the Saint )
    Omid was also in the first Mummy Film -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Happy Birthday to our very own Pussy, Thunderpussy -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Happy birthday, TP -{
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Happy 50th, TP -{

welcome to AOFJB!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Thanks guys, my wife says she has a young lady calling for me tonight !
    It's not what you think, ....... I now qualify for a home help ! :)) :))
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    We had thought about sending a stripper round to your place, but Mrs TP said there was nothing wrong with the wallpaper you already had :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    :)) :)) Also I'd hate anyone to interfere with my vast erotic art collection. :v
    " Tennis girl scratching arse " is a masterpiece. ;)
    I prefer non-tennis but Aston Martin :D
    image.jpg

:x Yes I've see that one before, I keep asking Mrs TP to stop posing for them. :))
    You just can't beat great art. :D
    You just can't beat great art. :D

...and great arse ;%