Tributes Thread

Comments

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    RIP Tony Gwynn who died of cancer at the young age of 54 today. One of the best hitters in baseball history.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    End of an era for BBC TV, as Jeremy Paxman hosts his last News night.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    RIP Tony Gwynn who died of cancer at the young age of 54 today. One of the best hitters in baseball history.

Truly a baseball titan. RIP.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    RIP Patsy Byrne - Probably most famous as Nursie from Blackadder -{
    YNWA 97
    Sad news like many I was a big fan of Blackadder. RIP Patsy Byrne.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Every time this thread pops to the top, I hear Rupert Grint as Ron Wealey from the Harry Potter films and books say "Anyone we know who's died?" - Then I see who has passed away and am miserable.

My condolances to everyone who has lost someone dear to them, whether they have been mentioned in the thread or not.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Sad news like many I was a big fan of Blackadder. RIP Patsy Byrne.

oh dear ,that's sad poor old nursie,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Felix Dennis.......one of the 100. richest in U.K & it all started in '74 with Kung Fu Monthly. He pulled in 60k pounds over 6 months , not too shabby :v
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Eli Wallach, RIP -{

A talented and diverse actor.
    YNWA 97
    RIP Eli Wallach.
    I agree, a very talented actor, from comedy to psyco . Funny in interviews, I
    Always remember him saying about "The magnificent Seven" how he needed
    All those other guys round him when riding, as he said he was from New York
    and hadn't even seen a horse, let alone know how to ride one. -{
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    This is the first I heard about Eli Wallach. A great actor with a long, long career. Rest in much-deserved peace.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Mister BMister B Rennes (France)Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Oh my God Eli Wallach is dead ? :(
    This is the first I've heard of Mr. Wallach's death. A very talented and versatile actor - may he rest in peace.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    if I could only live so long (he was 98)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Another Batman '66 supporting star :

Jaques Bergerac aka Freddy the Fence :(
    Sad to hear about the death of Bobby Womack. A fantastic singer.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    Terry Richards, a stuntman in many of the Bond films died this week at the age of 81. He was also known for his appearances in Star Wars and Indiana Jones series. RIP -{
    Sad to learn that, RIP Terry Richards. -{
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    "It's a soundproof room Mr Bond, no one can hear you scream!" RIP Mr Richards
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    "It's a soundproof room Mr Bond, no one can hear you scream!" RIP Mr Richards

Was that him? I love that scene from TND. Something different in a Bond film fight at least.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yes that's him

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Yes that's him

Very sorry to hear of his death. I take it he also appeared in other Bond films then as either a stuntman or actor?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    He also appeared in Raiders Of The Lost Ark as the swordsman that Indy shoots casually.

TND was the only Bond film Where he had a speaking part.

He was a stuntman in OHMSS and GF as well

Yes, I read that in an obituary but to be honest I had no idea that was the same man! What a legend!
    The Bond films were so lucky to get so many brave and talented
    Stunt performers over the years. Many of the greatest film stunts
    Have been from Bond films. {[]
    The Bond films were so lucky to get so many brave and talented
    Stunt performers over the years. Many of the greatest film stunts
    Have been from Bond films. {[]

Yes, I'll drink to that! -{
    Sad to hear about the death of Bobby Womack. A fantastic singer.

An R&B classic. His hits included, "If You Think You're Lonely Now", "Harry Hippy", "That's The Way I Feel About You", and my favorite, "Across 110th Street", the title song to a movie that starred Dr. Kanaga himself, Yaphett Kotto. They don't make 'em like Bobby Womack anymore. May he rest in peace.
    Another BTAS voice gone : Bob Hastings aka Commish Gordon :(

Some other voice that've passed : Mr Freeze , Scarecrow & Alfred........

Hastings was also on the old '66 show in a Penguin episode......McDowall were on both shows as Bookworm and Mad Hatter.
    I'd like to pay tribute to my beautiful wife, 21 years ago today
    I took her up the aisle. -{ :)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I was going to give you my most Heartfelt Condolences until I saw that you mentioned it was your Wedding Anniversary :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger