Tributes Thread

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Just read about the death of Harold Ramis aged 69, very sad and probably spells the end for Ghostbusters 3 too...

I always enjoyed Ramis's comic sensibility, be it as a writer, a director or an actor. He will be missed. RIP Mr. Ramis.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Harold Ramis had a hand in some of the real comedic touchstones of my young life -- Animal House, Caddyshack, Stripes, Ghostbusters, etc. As shicked as I was to hear of his death, I was even more surprised to learn that he was 69 years old. I guess in my nostalgia I had just placed him permanantly in his 30s. RIP
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    RIP Harold Ramis. Another sad loss to the comedy world.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    yes I will always picture in my minds eye ,Harold Ramis in ghostbusters, and funny enough I took my cousin only last Tuesday
    to see the famous ghost buster building in NYC on the upper west side ,wich is a stones throw from where John Lennon was shot
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    "I collect spores, moulds and fungus." :))

RIP Mr Ramis, cheers for the laughs -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Over at one of my favorite Ghostbusters fan sites, tributes have been pouring in since yesterday for him. Not only was he a talented man, he was also a real gentleman to family and fans alike. Several of my fellow fans got to meet him during public appearances and they said he was very kind when talking to them and signing autographs.

Since Ghostbusters is my all time favorite movie( I have twice visited the Firehouse used in exterior shots of both movies when I was in NYC and I have an extensive collection of Ghostbusters stuff at home) this was really sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out his family and friends.

PS: I am glad that before he got sick he was able to lend both his voice and likeness to Ghostbusters: The Video Game in 2009. For me the game is for all intents and purposes Ghostbusters III since for a number of reasons an actual film never occurred.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    "I collect spores, moulds and fungus." :))

RIP Mr Ramis, cheers for the laughs -{

+1
    And let's not forget: "I feel like the floor of a taxi cab"!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Just heard about the death of Malcolm Tierney last week aged 75.

He's perhaps not a name you'd recognise but he had a small part in Star Wars as an Imperial officer and in Braveheart as the English Lord who gets his throat slit by Wallace for the death of his beloved. To Uk viewers he was best known for a regular part in Lovejoy on TV. RIP
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Is Ghostbusters III still going ahead?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent

Check out this article for some information about this:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66317
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    one of the last big union stalwarts Mr Bob Crow leader of the RMT and life long Millwall fan sadly died today age 52
    I would imagine that a big cheer went up today by the majority of London Commuters and members of the government regardless
    what the PR machines say , now if the greedy boses paid a living wage and pension working hours ect people like MR Crow wouldn't exist ,but sadly we need people like Bob to fight the working mans corner you've all seen it in your own firms ,RIP Bob
    RIP Bob Crow.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Cam008Cam008 Posts: 45MI6 Agent

I hope so.
    Sorry to learn this morning of the Death of Tony Benn, a great Politician.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    edited March 2014
    RIP to Hal Douglas. Probably the best known movie trailer voiceover actor. He was 89.
    Clarissa Dickson Wright, the surviving (well, was surviving) member of the "2 Fat Ladies" cooks has died aged 66...
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Clarissa Dickson Wright, the surviving (well, was surviving) member of the "2 Fat Ladies" cooks has died aged 66...

Yeh, saw this on the news today... very sad.

She was very entertaining!

RIP
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Sad news. Both ladies were always entertaining. RIP
    Sad news. Both ladies were always entertaining. RIP

yes she was the last of the proper olde English cooks
    Oswald Morris died earlier this week at the age of 98. He was director of photography in TMWTGG and won an Academy Award for best cinematography in 1971 for Fiddler on the Roof. Rest in Peace.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I have to admit, I thought Morris died ages ago! He was indeed one of the great cinematographers--Godspeed, sir!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    RIP, sad news
    RIP James Rebhorn

Known for his roles in Independence Day, Scent of a Woman, and many other films and TV series.
    RIP Lorenzo Semple, Jr. He passed away yesterday, a day after his 91st birthday.

Wrote the screenplay for Never Say Never Again.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    As a HUGE fan of Batman '66 this makes me very sad , in fact the show might not exist w/o Semple :(

I love King Kong '76 as well -{
    Sad news indeed.
    Just read that Kate O'Mara has sadly died aged 74...
    Sad news, a very beautiful.lady.
    Sad to read today about the death of Mickey Rooney,.