Tributes Thread

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    I think they should discontinue the series as a mark of respect

Not when there is money to be made...and the cost of the shooting so far will have to be paid for.
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Not when there is money to be made...and the cost of the shooting so far will have to be paid for.

On the contrary, they should keep it going in tribute. If every franchise ended due to the death of a star we'd have nothing decent left to watch, hell Bond would have ended years ago.

Done tastefully they could make F&F7 a well deserved tribute to Paul Walker, I hope they do and I hope it doesn't mean the end of it completely.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

On the contrary, they should keep it going in tribute. If every franchise ended due to the death of a star we'd have nothing decent left to watch, hell Bond would have ended years ago.

Done tastefully they could make F&F7 a well deserved tribute to Paul Walker, I hope they do and I hope it doesn't mean the end of it completely.

+1
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    RIP Nelson Mandela....a great man.
    YNWA 97
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    RIP Nelson Mandela.

Truly inspirational & exceptional man, bringing so many people together after far too many years of pain, suffering & oppression.

Very sad day.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    RIP Nelson Mandela.

Only just heard the sad news. A truly exceptional Man.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    The world lost a truly inspirational leader with the passing of Nelson Mandela. May he rest in peace and may his legacy live on.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    A man dies, a legend lives on.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Nelson Mandela, for me one of the most inspirational people of all time. He had flaws, as all heroes do, but his commitment to fight against horrible injustice -- and the massive price he paid in that fight -- are things that dilettantes like me can only marvel at. When I am asked the old question, "What three figures from history would you most want to have dinner with?", he is always on my list.

RIP
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Here is an interesting tribute

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/12/nelson-mandela-the-man-and-the-mask/

Though the comments section gets a bit heated. I wasn't personally affected by Mandela's death to the extent the media seem to be, though can see little wrong with him, it seemed he was a figurehead who remained untarnished by the disillusion that comes to most politicians. That said, it's not like he had non politican nouse or awareness, far from it.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Today would have been Jim Morrison's 70th birthday.

Also it's the anniversary of John Lennon's murder.

Legends, both. {[]
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Both great musicians.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Today would have been Jim Morrison's 70th birthday.

Also it's the anniversary of John Lennon's murder.

Legends, both. {[]

I went to see where John was slain, outside the Dakota building , I cant quite put into words the emotion
    of seeing where he died if you've been there too perhaps you had the same experiance
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    John Lennon - the definitive working class hero -{
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    War is over (if you want it).

I guess not enough of us want it yet :#
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Sir Miles wrote:
    John Lennon - the definitive working class hero -{

Except he was middle class.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    John Barry and Jane Birkin's daughter has died in a fall from her Paris apartment. Not quite a 'tribute' thing as we didn't know much about her, but sad nonetheless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/daughter-of-actress-jane-birkin-and-bond-film-composer-john-barry-dies-in-fall-from-paris-apartment-8999474.html

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Yes it is sad, I remember posting another sad story about a Bond actor
    ( Cue harp music and wavey pictures, )

Napoleon Plural's responce :
    Anyway, come of it, this is a place for tributes to celebs we have known and loved, and I'm not sure any of us would have known this guy on the street. So it just becomes a bit macabre.

Ah, the old Pot and Kettle analogy. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I did think of that TP, but this comes under the heading of 'news' whereas your posting was an update several months after the event, the coroner's verdict.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Ah!, semantics, the last bastion and all that. ;)
    Still it's all in the past now. -{
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,299MI6 Agent
    Danny "Luigi" Wells , 72 (the live action skits in 90s Super Mario toon)

Lou "Mario" Albano passed some yrs ago , now both are gone.
    Actor Peter O'Toole dies aged 81 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25393557

Sad to learn the legend Peter O Tools has died. He was a huge talent.
    Didn't know he was poorly, it's a shock. He was an icon, in many great films like Lawrence of Arabia of course, Beckett and The Lion in Winter, where he reprised his role as Henry II.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Bittersweet news about Peter O'Toole. A great man and a great actor. I'm sure he had no regrets.
    I think he'd be happy to be reunited with Harris, Burton and co. for further hellraising.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    RIP Peter O'Toole -{
    YNWA 97
    Raising a glass to Peter O'Toole. And, while Ridley Scott's Prometheus may not be a great film, Michael Fassbender's character is a great tribute to O'Toole's greatest role.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    It's a bad day to be a legendary film actor. . .Joan Fontaine has passed on at the age of 96. Farewell to one of the greats!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    RIP Joan Fontaine -{

A sad day for the film world...
    YNWA 97
    Another death of a hollywood legend, Joan Fontaine RIP
    Yes, it was strange to find out that she was the sister of Olivia de Havilland, who outlives her. The two were estranged for decades and remained so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25395231

Roger Moore 1927-2017