Tributes Thread

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The Bond Producers to receive award.
    Bond producers to receive PGA Award http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24755077
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Oh, at first I thought that was PGA as in Pro Golfers Association; and I was wondering, "Has Goldfinger done THAT much for golf?" But now I know. Congrats to the EON people!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    :)) Yes, it's The Producers Guild of America . :D.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    French  writer Gerard de Villiers, whose thrillers sold more than 100m copies around the world, has died aged 83.De Villiers died after a long illness, his lawyer said. He had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in May.He was the creator of the popular SAS series, with an Austrian hero often seen as France's literary James Bond.Drawing on his network of intelligence sources around the world, De Villiers was famous for his uncanny knack of anticipating actual events
    edited November 2013
    Edit, as Might be considered bad taste.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Hmm, not crazy about these headlines, people can go bankrupt without having to take their own life. It puts a nasty association in people's minds.

Anyway, come of it, this is a place for tributes to celebs we have known and loved, and I'm not sure any of us would have known this guy on the street. So it just becomes a bit macabre.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2013
    RIP Lewis Collins!

I am sad and shocked!

From BBC:
    The Professionals star Lewis Collins has died aged 67, his agent has said.

The actor, who played Bodie in the cult 1970s TV series, alongside Martin Shaw, died in Los Angeles after a five-year struggle with cancer.

His agent said: "He died peacefully at his LA home surrounded by his family. Privacy is asked for at this very sad time."

The Professionals was based around the adventures of a fictional crime fighting unit called CI5.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I'm shocked and saddened by the news, I loved The Professionals.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    Lewis Collins was once interviewed for the Bond gig...but blew it big time...I thought he was good in The Professionals, Who Dares Wins and, a guilty pleasure of mine, The Cuckoo Waltz...

RIP -{
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

Filmed on a potato?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Just to add my own shock & sadness at hearing the news about Lewis Collins. Grew up watching The Professionals & only this monday put the Who Dares Wins dvd on. Still really enjoy that movie.

RIP Lewis -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    No not Bodie , he was the reason I bought a RS2000 RIP Lewis a real mans man
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    "Your People's Lobby?"

Spat out with such genuine, amused contempt.

Brilliant stuff.
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    Imagine how A View To A Kill, The Living Daylights and Licence To Kill would have been had it been Lewis Collins instead of Timothy Dalton? Yes I know AVTAK was Roger Moore but had Mr Collins taken over for that one.

Also would Pierce Brosnan still have made his films had L.C. been Bond? Talking of Pierce anyone remember him briefly appearing in The Professionals ironically assisting Lewis Collins (and Martin Shaw) in the Comms Van.

R.I.P Lewis Collins.....
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    American actor Paul Walker, famous for playing Brian O'Connor in the Fast And The Furious franchise has been killed in a car crash. He was 40. Such a young age as well RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    RIP Paul Walker....died in a car crash...life imitating art ?
    YNWA 97
    Sad news and so young.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Ironic to think that he was killed in a Car, when he is famous for making a lot of Car Films.

R.I.P
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    I'd say the real irony is that he was the passenger in the car that crashed. I have to admit I've never seen an F&F film and I'm not all that familiar with Paul Walker's work, but it's sad for anyone to go that suddenly, that young. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ironic to think that he was killed in a Car, when he is famous for making a lot of Car Films.

R.I.P

very sad but spooky
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

R.I.P

There's a quote circulating on Facebook. Not sure if he said it or not:

If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling"
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Fast and Furious - great films that just got better the more they made. RIP Paul Walker, too young.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Are they going to make any more FaF Films?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I'm sure they will, the last film made a fortune, and in Hollywood Money is King.
    They'll probably dedicate the next film to him.

They had already started filming on the next one...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

They had already started filming on the next one...

Awkward :#
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Fast and Furious - great films that just got better the more they made. RIP Paul Walker, too young.

I agree wholeheardtedly. My condolences to his family, friends, and many fans.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Fast & Furious 7 will 'go ahead' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25182688

Most of F&F 7 has been filmed according to the BBC.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I think they should discontinue the series as a mark of respect
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"