Tributes Thread

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Given my lack of knowledge on football, believe it or not I had no idea who Eusebio was.
    I suppose we all have different interests and knowledge on subjects. I only take comfort
    in knowing my state funeral will bring the country to a halt. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    You must not of been into the whole kung fu movie scene. Run Run Shaw and
    Golden Harvest were huge film companies, still are.

Maker of martial arts classics!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    RIP Alexandra Bastedo....only 67...a good actress that was once considered for a Bond girl -{
    YNWA 97
    I loved "The Champions" and still watch it when it's on.
    She was beautiful, RIP.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Just heard that Roger Lloyd-Pack has died aged 69.

Truly gutted by this, his character of Trigger will never be repeated, the scene with Trigger's broom sticking firmly in my memory.

RIP trig, you'll be missed. -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Wow...that is a shock...RIP Roger Lloyd-Pack -{
    YNWA 97
    Shocking news indeed, brilliant actor, not just comedy. RIP Roger Lloyd-Pack.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Shocking news indeed, brilliant actor, not just comedy. RIP Roger Lloyd-Pack.

oh no not poor old Trigg
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    He was in a sitcom with the actor who played Richard Bucket in Keeping Up Appearances about two men who live in a house together. It was like a modern version of The Odd Couple. RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    RIP, Trigger.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    R.I.P :(

Watching FAH will never be the same again.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent

One of the greats! -{
    We've lost another of the greats, just heard Maximillan Schell has died.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Schell was a terrific actor who could convey both sympathy and menace. Would have made a fine Bond villain at one time. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    RIP Tony Hateley -{

Former Liverpool record signing...
    YNWA 97
    More sad new the death if Philip Seymour Hoffman has been announced.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

Apparently he was found with a needle in his arm. This is a true waste. . .one of the most talented actors around.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Really sad he was one of the most versatile actors around. Bloody drugs again.
    I am shocked by the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman...although reading about his drug use, I probably shouldn't be...he was a great actor, taking roles that you wouldn't expect of him and turning in mesmeric performances...a big loss to the acting profession.
    YNWA 97
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    When Philip Seymour Hoffman was cast as a villain in Mission: Impossible III, I remember being disappointed because I would have preferred to see him as a Bond villain. He was a great and extremely versatile actor.

And for what it's worth: I thought he was excellent in MI:3, but horribly underutilized.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypxQqqVfGrg

John Cacavas , 83......he was a friend of Telly as well.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    When Philip Seymour Hoffman was cast as a villain in Mission: Impossible III, I remember being disappointed because I would have preferred to see him as a Bond villain. He was a great and extremely versatile actor.

And for what it's worth: I thought he was excellent in MI:3, but horribly underutilized.

Agreed. He would of made a great Bond Villain.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Hardyboy wrote:

Apparently he was found with a needle in his arm. This is a true waste. . .one of the most talented actors around.

Terrible news. Such a tremendous actor.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    A couple of summers ago, my wife and I had dinner in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan. Walking to our car afterward, we fell in behind a slow-moving family on the sidewalk -- pudgy father, wife, three kids. I pegged them as tourists, mostly because the father wore baggy shorts, droopy socks and old Nike sneakers. At every intersection, he would idly jump (not very high) and swat the stop signs. One of his kids asked him, "Dad, do you think you could dunk a basketball?" I laughed to myself and almost murmured something about his father being as likely to dunk as I was (me of the 2-inch vertical leap). Instead, the dad chucked and said, "Not very likely," whereupon the hairs on my neck stood up because I recognized his voice as that of Philip Seymour Hoffman. Just a a guy walking back home with his family.

RIP
    Hilly...you old devil!
    A couple of summers ago, my wife and I had dinner in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan. Walking to our car afterward, we fell in behind a slow-moving family on the sidewalk -- pudgy father, wife, three kids. I pegged them as tourists, mostly because the father wore baggy shorts, droopy socks and old Nike sneakers. At every intersection, he would idly jump (not very high) and swat the stop signs. One of his kids asked him, "Dad, do you think you could dunk a basketball?" I laughed to myself and almost murmured something about his father being as likely to dunk as I was (me of the 2-inch vertical leap). Instead, the dad chucked and said, "Not very likely," whereupon the hairs on my neck stood up because I recognized his voice as that of Philip Seymour Hoffman. Just a a guy walking back home with his family.

RIP

Great story. Too often we forget that celebrities are people, too, and that makes it easier for us to brush off news of a death such as Mr. Hoffman's as "just another famous guy with too much money, spending it on drugs." Makes one realize that there is a family out there who will no doubt miss him terribly as a husband and father. Many of us fans will miss him as well for his wonderful work as an actor.
    Sad to hear of the death of Ralph Waite ( pa walton ) used to
    watch the Waltons every monday night on bbc2 as a kid.
    RIP Sir Tom Finney....one of the greatest footballers of all time...and a true gentleman -{
    YNWA 97
    WWE Mabel , only 43......weight related most likely.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Just read about the death of Harold Ramis aged 69, very sad and probably spells the end for Ghostbusters 3 too...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".