Tributes Thread

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    A lot of Actors are dying as of late :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Great train robber Ronnie Biggs died yesterday 18th DEC, no one has give him a mention,
    but as a fellow boy from Lambeth, I have to raise a glass to him
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agree, True he was a criminal but he did outrun the law for so long, and he was part
    Of the biggest robbery, so big the government even thought of changing the design
    of the pound.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Biggs was just the Getaway Driver.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    RIP David Coleman - a great broadcaster -{
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Here's a controversial one;

Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK47 assault rifle has died. He had a brilliant concept of keeping things simple, and using the KISS methodology produced a simple, reliable and easy to produce tool that improved global trade and made billions for his country.

Sadly though, the amount of lives his masterpiece ended, or the number of people who have been maimed, injured or disfigured massively outweigh the awards old Mikhail was given for his efforts.

Used by militants, insurgents, child soldiers, rebels, bandits, thieves and crooks the world over, no other gun has been so mass produced or used than the AK47.

Hats off to you for working so hard for your country's benefits, enjoy the ride down in St Peter's elevator. -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Alan Turing has been given posthumous royal pardon -{

About bloody time.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    +1 he was treated shabbily.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Agree, True he was a criminal but he did outrun the law for so long, and he was part
    Of the biggest robbery, so big the government even thought of changing the design
    of the pound.

I realise there are different views about Biggs, but to have his likeness on a pound note is surely going a bit far, he's no Churchill is he?

:D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    bTW I have no problem with Turing's pardon, but was it just for his homosexual activity? Wouldn't loads of past gays who got nabbed before 1968 get pardoned then?

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    bTW I have no problem with Turing's pardon, but was it just for his homosexual activity? Wouldn't loads of past gays who got nabbed before 1968 get pardoned then?

Yes...just for his homosexual activity - for which he was 'chemically castrated' - which is abhorrent !

No, they wouldn't....I think each case would need to be looked at individually - as the law stands ? - but I would think it was the backing Touring had - that and his incredible work on code-breaking - that finally shamed the'powers-that-be' to issue his pardon.
    YNWA 97
    Jeremy hardy did a great bit on this weeks news quiz ( BBC radio 4) about how
    President Obama, his wife and the vice president and his wife will not be attending the
    Winter Olympics in Russia, over it's draconian anti gay laws and its human rights
    violations under Putin.
    While Dave Cameron will be there as human rights are OK, but there's such great skiing.
    Simply have to get some in. 8-)
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Jeremy hardy did a great bit on this weeks news quiz ( BBC radio 4) about how
    President Obama, his wife and the vice president and his wife will not be attending the
    Winter Olympics in Russia, over it's draconian anti gay laws and its human rights
    violations under Putin.
    While Dave Cameron will be there as human rights are OK, but there's such great skiing.
    Simply have to get some in. 8-)

Yey, let's go USA! Not attending their goddam skiing tourny'll get 'em to cave in on gay rights and get their human rights act together.

But in other news, where there's no headline for the Pres, business between the USA and Russia goes on as usual, 'cos, ya know, there are bigger priorities here

Cameron may be an unprincipled cad. But at least he's a consistent one.

Politicans, eh? Headline grabbing, duplicitous, unprincipled bastards. Who'd have thought it?
    All politicians are scum. :D I was just commenting on how funny Jeremy Hardy's rant
    about it was. Cameron for instance layed into Sri Lanka over its treatment of prisoners
    yet kept his gob very tightly closed about human rights etc on his visit to China. :))
    All politicians are scum. :D I was just commenting on how funny Jeremy Hardy's rant
    about it was. Cameron for instance layed into Sri Lanka over its treatment of prisoners
    yet kept his gob very tightly closed about human rights etc on his visit to China. :))

Well, yeah. Cos them Lankans haven't got as much cash as the Chinese.Now if only the Lankans had the economy of the Chinese they'd be able to get away with murder too. I mean, come on.... ;)

Isn't there some politico line cack-handedly rammed into QOS about only doing business with nice people?

But Jeremy Hardy, funny???? The '80s are over and Thatch is dead... ;) :)
    The Thatch will never die ;)

Not to get too deep, I can understand why Politicians do deals for jobs etc, Its like in
    Star Wars I sure many planets did deals with old Darth and the boys. :)

But I'm going to stop now as Politics can get out of hand, ......... sometimes. -{ :))
    Politics are, indeed, best avoided.

Except where personal interests are involved, obviously. ;) -{
    Sad to learn that the comedian John Fortune has died.
    Comedian John Fortune dies aged 74 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25559826
    His sketches with John Bird were hilarious.
    I liked John Fortune....very underrated...RIP.
    YNWA 97
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    James Avery who played uncle phil in the fresh prince has died aged 65. He provided loads of laughter in my childhood. RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Sad news, just heard about James Avery. I loved the Fresh Prince. RIP
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Avery just turned 65 few weeks ago too :(
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sad news about Mr. Avery. He not only brought humor to his role in the Fresh Prince, but he provided a wonderful authority figure as well. May he rest in peace.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Sad to read today about the death of Phil Everly. He and his brother
    made some great songs with fantastic harmonies.
    RIP football legend Eusebio -{
    YNWA 97
    Sad to read today about the death of Run Run Shaw who's company made hundreds of
    kung Fu movies over many years, ( most of which I've probably watched ) he lived to an
    amazing old age of 106.
    Yea...I read that on the BBC News feeds too...but never heard of the guy...or most of his films either.
    YNWA 97
    You must not of been into the whole kung fu movie scene. Run Run Shaw and
    Golden Harvest were huge film companies, still are.
    I've never heard of him before - even when I've watched programmes on the kung-fu movie scene...
    YNWA 97