Tributes Thread

Comments

• hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Apparently, Gottfried John has Passed away.

http://news-round.com/news/actor-gottfried-john-died/
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear, I was posting a happy birthday to him only
    a few days ago. RIP Gottfried John.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Rip -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    That article was the only one i found. His wiki also said that he's dead, that has been reverted to say he isn't

There are a few German headlines with " Tot (Dead)" in them ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    Gottfried John's dead has been confirmed today. :(

RIP General!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear that news. Goldeneye didn't live up to the hype for me, but Gottfried John was undoubtedly superb in it. RIP
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear that news. Goldeneye didn't live up to the hype for me, but Gottfried John was undoubtedly superb in it. RIP

I agree he did a great job in GE. RIP.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    RIP Gottfried John. Tremendous in GoldenEye, great villain, especially given the screentime he had.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    RIP Gottfried John. Tremendous in GoldenEye, great villain, especially given the screentime he had.

Thought I'd make a brief return to pay tribute to my namesake. Gottfried John played one of my favourite henchmen across the series, and was by all accounts a fine actor all-round.

RIP.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    How sad.....he was kind enough to send me a sgd german LC from GE :(
    Very belated tribute here, just found out that Bond alumni Paul Stassino (Major Derval)died way back in June 2012. I trawled the thread and couldn't see mention of it previously. I seem to recall he did a signing in the Uk not long before this time...RIP
    I guess it's hard to keep track of all the Bond news and I'm sure
    Many sad events pass without getting the recognition they should
    Perhaps we could do a special tribute to all those we've lost from the
    Bond community in the past. Belated RIP to Paul Stassino and all
    Who have passed on.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    Belatedly very sorry to hear of Gottfried John's death. He was a great actor in GoldenEye as General Ourumov. My favourite line of his is "Use the bumper, that's what it's for!" -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Very sad news and sadly ironic that, given her catch phrase was "can we talk" she should die following complications from throat surgery...RIP
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Instead of Jake Roberts he took Joan Rivers (both initials "JR") , kinda spooky........
    Congratulations to Carl Frampton on becoming IBF world champ. {[]
    Found out through the Grapevine that a School Mate of mine died the other Day due to his Heroin Addiction :# What's even sadder is that he had a bright Future ahead of him after finishing GCSE's.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Found out through the Grapevine that a School Mate of mine died the other Day due to his Heroin Addiction :# What's even sadder is that he had a bright Future ahead of him after finishing GCSE's.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
    Cheers -{ I used to play Footie with him back in Secondary School. And the last Time we talked was at the GCSE Collection Morning. So it was a Shock to hear about his Passing, as he was normally very sensible and was not the Type to do Drugs.
    I don't want to spread a false rumor, please don't take this as confirmation. I follow Richard Kiel's facebook page, which I think is operated by a family member. Saw this post a few minutes ago:

https://www.facebook.com/156844158155/photos/a.10150994193378156.469509.156844158155/10152743208958156/?type=1

Praying that everything is okay, but this seems worrisome.
    worrisome indeed. Fingers crossed that everything is OK.
    edited September 2014
    I had heard that last week he broke his leg in a fall, which required surgery. Article here: http://www.daily-journal.com/news/local/plenty-to-pinch-hit-for-jaws-at-bond-fest/article_f43c7d43-6dfb-5806-bb89-2db7724cde3a.html

He was on The Reunion podcast with Roger Moore, Babs, Wilson, Britt Ekland, and John Glenn a couple days ago. He sounded a bit off from how he normally sounds. Hoping everything turns out okay.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Yes indeed. I hope all is okay with Richard Kiel but that Facebook post didn't look good. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    TMZ has reported the death of Richard Kiel.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/richard-kiel-james-bond-jaws-dies-at-74/

Met both Mr. Kiel and his wife Diane last year and they were tremendously nice. Thoughts go out to Diane and the rest of his family and anyone who knew this great man.
    That's very sad news. Condolences to Mr Kiel's family, friends and fans. -{
    Very sad indeed. Rest in Peace, Richard "Jaws" Kiel. -{