Tributes Thread

Comments

• hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    We've lost a Bond baddie: LALD's Geoffrey Holder. RIP :(
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    r.i.p :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :( Sad news indeed, another member of the Bond family, gone
    RIP Geoffrey Holder .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'll always remember that deep laugh and that scene in the cemetery. "Good morning boss! It's going to be a beauuuutiful day!"

He and Richard Kiel can meet up, exchange a few stories. -{
    I remember reading he was so frightened of snakes but still
    Took the fall into the coffin full of them. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited October 2014
    His Laugh still fills me with dread -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Apparently the set was visited by royalty and he didn't want to make a scene

edited October 2014
    That's the mark of a professional -{ like Yaphet Kotto
    Who couldn't swim but still got in the water with weights to
    Keep him under, brave indeed. {[]
    I'm dreading the Day when we loose one of the Bonds themselves :# :(
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    That's very sad. I always liked Geoffrey Holder. RIP.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    RIP Geoffrey Holder, my all-time favourite henchman Baron Samedi :#
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Lets not forget ,not only was he a great Bond family member . He was in DR. Doolittle, with Rex Harrison,and he voiced in Willy Wonka with Jonny Depp, R.I.P Geoffrey you will live on for ever.
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Lets not forget ,not only was he a great Bond family member . He was in DR. Doolittle, with Rex Harrison,and he voiced in Willy Wonka with Jonny Depp, R.I.P Geoffrey you will live on for ever.

He was also a sparkling element in the Annie film. And such a great presence in LALD. R.I.P. Mr. Holder - you will certainly be missed. -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Tough month for Bond henchman portrayers. :#

RIP, Mr. Holder -- a multi-talented artist and an unforgettable presence in LALD. -{
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    The last 35 days have taken Gottfried John, Richard Kiel, and now Geoffrey Holder. Where have all the henchmen gone?

RIP to Geoffrey Holder. Hope his family and loved ones are doing okay through this difficult time. Great screen presence, tremendous entertainer, and by all accounts a wonderful person. Will be watching LALD this weekend to pay tribute -{
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Just heard about Geoffery Holder on NBC Nightly News, in addition to acting he was also a painter, sculptor, and choreographer. He also did a lot of commercial in the 1970's and 1980's including 7 Up as the "Un-cola man".

RIP Geoffery Holder
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Sad news regarding Geoffrey Holder - an amazing dancer, choreographer and actor. His character Baron Samedi transcends death in LALD and I hope and believe that the memory of this great human being will too. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I well remember those 7-Up adverts. I loved them not just for the Bond connection but also for his wonderful voice. For years as a teenager, I thought the 7-Up guy was LALD co-star Yaphet Kotto because that name just seemed to suit that voice so much better than 'Geoffrey Holder'!
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    It's only a few seconds long, but Holder as Baron Samedi laughing on the train at the end of LALD is one of my favorite Bond movie moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX3wGWHRlXQ
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I'm another one who first encountered Geoffrey Holder in the 7-Up ads. As a kid I loved the way he'd say "The Un-cola. . .ah, ha-ha-ha!" Farewell to a legend!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I'm dreading the Day when we loose one of the Bonds themselves :# :(

Not looking forward to that all. :#
    Until it happens, just don't think about it.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent

Some wise advice there - there's too much to worry about in this world of woe without meeting trouble half way! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Or as Fleming said (somewhere or other): "Worry is a dividend paid to disaster before it is due". Wise words... -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Fleming brilliant as always -{

And kind Words as always SM :) :))

Some wise advice there - there's too much to worry about in this world of woe without meeting trouble half way! :) -{

True.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    It's only a few seconds long, but Holder as Baron Samedi laughing on the train at the end of LALD is one of my favorite Bond movie moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX3wGWHRlXQ

As I'm not that old :)) as a kid I remember being slightly freaked out by him though I think a lot of it was to do with the snakes!!!

RIP
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited October 2014
    Jan Hooks. SNL performer and voice artist of Manjula Nahasapassapeemapetilon in the Simpsons. I liked her cameo as an image consultant in Batman Returns. Her character helps the Penguin to run for mayor. RIP

• Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    We lost Phil Hartman years ago, and we just lost Jan Hooks. This poignant video, 'Love is a Dream,' seems very appropriate now. It really shows the breadth of their talents.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1777471750167
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Jan Hooks was a funny lady, and 57 is just too young. RIP.
    Vox clamantis in deserto