Tributes Thread

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    R.I.P There have been too many Deaths in the Bond Family this Year :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Sad news regarding Richard Graydon - he seemed such a perfect gentleman in interviews. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    RIP Richard Graydon.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Saddened to hear of the death of Richard Graydon, RIP -{
    YNWA 97
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    RIP Dickie Graydon. Very well respected within the Bond family and one of the most memorable stuntmen behind the magic. Great historic career, and like all stuntmen, not nearly appreciated enough. Here's to you Richard -{
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    As 2014 comes to a close, here is a list of the Bond family members we have lost this year.

March 17 - Oswald Morris (Age 98): Director of Photography TMWTGG
    March 28 - Lorenzo Semple Jr. (Age 91): Writer for NSNA
    June 14 - Terry Richards (Age 81): Stuntman for many Bond films and one of Carver's thugs in TND
    July 6 - Dave Bickers (Age 76): Stunt work and Moore's double in Octopussy after Martin Grace was injured
    August 18 - Tom Pevsner (Age 87): Associate or Executive Producer from FYEO to GE
    September 1 - Gottfried John (Age 72): Ourumov from GE
    September 10 - Richard Kiel (Age 74): Jaws from TSWLM and MR
    September 14 - Philip Somerville (Age 84): Hat designer for characters of Xenia and Elektra
    September 26 - Jerry Alan (Age 75): Stuntman for DAF, TMWTGG, and CR
    October 5 - Geoffrey Holder (Age 84): Baron Samedi in LALD
    December 23 - Richard Graydon (Age 92): Stuntman for 10 Bond films and Francisco the Fearless from OP.

If I have missed any, please add to this list. Rest in peace to all of these talented performers.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Too many this Year :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Very old people though so that is to be expected (well except Kiel I guess.....and with John it was cancer)
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Oh I hate it when this thread appears at the top of the active list, it always brings bad news.

Re those we have lost within the Bond family, it is very sad but their legacy will continue. Every time a Bond film is seen, we remember their contribution, whether behind or in front of the camera, performance or production. What they have added will continue to entertain thousands, if not millions of people, many long after the film or films in question were made. My thoughts go to their families, friends and colleagues who have such a loss.

To anyone on the forum who has lost someone, this year or prieviously my thoughts and condolences also go to you. -{
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    1 yr since James Avery passed (of Fresh Prince & TMNT fame)

Also a Nam vet.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear on the news that Bernard Jordan has died.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-30699446
    He was the Veteran who " escaped" from his old peoples
    Home to remember the 70th anniversary of the D-day landings.
    Our Generation has much to thank his Generation for.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    That was such a wonderful story, TP. Sorry to lose such a genuine character and a brave man until the very end.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    It's only a few days into 2015 and we've lost a member of the Bond family. Khan Bonfils. RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Sad news, he was very young. RIP Khan Bonfils.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Saddened about the news re. the terror attack on Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

IMO this is an attack on our freedom of speech and freedom of opinion - basically on many of us in the west.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    It's a terrible attack :# and I agree, it's an attack on the western belief
    Of free speech, freedom of expression and the right to have an opposing
    Opinion.
    Poor Policemen, cartoonists and Journalists all executed for expressing
    Ideas and opinions ! A sad day.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Very sad. Crazy world we live in
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    IMO this is an attack on our freedom of speech and freedom of opinion - basically on many of us in the west.

I agree. I sad day indeed for freedom-loving people everywhere. We must continue to stand strong against these despicable acts.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Those are very, very terrifying times we live in, where people are killing other people in order to prove which religion is more peaceful. I think ISIS is not an organisation you can tolarate or negotiate with. It's a terrorist group that should be exterminated, in other case even more innocent people will die.
    A quote from Stephane Charbonnier one of those killed to day.
    "I have no kids, no wife, no car, no credit. This may be a bit pompous what I'm saying, but I prefer to die standing up than live on my knees."
    Great to see Thousands in Paris gathering to show solidarity with the victims. -{
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Saddened about the news re. the terror attack on Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

Agreed - says all that needs to be said about militant Islam really. This was a chillingly professionally executed attack on the freedom of the Press. Thoughts and prayers with all of those killed and injured. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I'd now love it if world wide all Papers would print a selection of their
    Cartoons, TV stations to show them as well. -{

As part of the theory that they can't kill us all? I like it. It would drive the Islamonazis insane.

I'd love that too. And just to get the message clear, there should be also caricatures from the Pope, Jewish People, Budda, Nazis, Obama etc.

{[] agreed, everyone has been fair game, In fact by increasing the
    Viewings, the gunmen would have contributed to the success, so
    Using their logic, would have to kill Themselves!
    edited January 2015
    I have updated my signature because I feel that the attack on Charlie Hebdo is more than this.
    It's an attack on my personal freedom and my spirit and I agree with Charbonnier:

I'd rather die standing up than living on my knees!

On a positive note I see that Berliner Zeitung followed SM's idea and published some of Charlie Hebdo's caricatures on their front page today

moving cartoon from the Uderzos:

b3f333a9-0813-428f-9ea7-0a900915c1ad.png

The german counterpart to Charlie Hebdo, magazine Titanic opens today with that:

c12cac86-6f52-497c-8153-1fc504d2d78f.jpg

I am aware that some people will not like it - but the more that I am thinking about it, it's the only way to react!.
    The little yellow part says: Start fire here.

Some of the cartoons have been outstanding -{ I for one
    Am sick to death of f*cking terrorists X-( Homegrown or
    Otherwise !, ( I know this is not popular) but they are butchering
    People in the street and beheading aid workers. So bring back
    The Guillotine for all convicted terrorists, ( Rant over)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Some of the cartoons have been outstanding -{ I for one
    Am sick to death of f*cking terrorists X-( Homegrown or
    Otherwise !, ( I know this is not popular) but they are butchering
    People in the street and beheading aid workers. So bring back
    The Guillotine for all convicted terrorists, ( Rant over)

I agree with my buddy TP, I aiso agree with the late Kenny Everet
    "we should round them up put them in a field and then bomb the bastards"
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?