Tributes Thread

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Actress Geraldine McEwan has died aged 82. She was best known to modern audiences as Miss Marple, RIP
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear about Geraldine McEwan. I loved her as miss Marple
    always had a cheeky gleem in her eye.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    R.I.P I remember when ITV would show a load of the Agatha Christie Films -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear about the passing of Steve Strange, lead singer of Visage. Fade To Grey, Mind of a Toy, and The Damned Don't Cry are long time favourite songs of mine.

Steve Strange, Visage lead singer, dies aged 55
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31449838
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Moore Than wrote:
    Sorry to hear about the passing of Steve Strange, lead singer of Visage. Fade To Grey, Mind of a Toy, and The Damned Don't Cry are long time favourite songs of mine.

Steve Strange, Visage lead singer, dies aged 55
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31449838

And he wasn't that old...played a few songs of his at work today -{
    YNWA 97
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    RIP John McCabe. Wonderful composer. Will be missed.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    Found out Today through the Grapevine that one of my old School Mates has passed on :(
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    It's sad when you reach the age when you start to hear about the death of friends. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Sad news RIP Louis Jourdan
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015

Awww! No! One of my favourite actors too - in Columbo and Bond and beyond. At least he had a good long life. Thoughts are with his family, friends and fans.

The last "classic" James Bond film villain? I really think so.

2414865,WQZy+_3zKEKqOXl5vO6kkN3__LI8A6RGT2pvaepNS+xM1xxB7m5A6C93P67YzOOjlZaKygcQDjJaG9r5Npl0GQ==.jpg
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    'Mr Bond, you have a nasty Habit of surviving!'
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Very sorry to hear of the passing of Louis Jourdan. He was terrific as Kamal Khan in Octopussy. And I also have fond memories of him in a film called Julie.

From Sir Roger Moore on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/sirrogermoore/status/567069407034503168

Very sad to hear Louis Jourdan has died. Many happy memories of filming Octopussy together.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Great actor and some of the best lines delivered by any Bond villain. RIP.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    Very sad news, he was great in Octopussy and it's not often that one of Roger Moore's co stars comes off as even more suave and debonair than Sir Roger! RIP Monsieur Jourdan
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I hope ITV give him a good tribute at the end of next weeks showing of Octopussy. A great Bond villain. RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    It's sad, but M. Jourdan had a long life and made some great films--it's a life that should be celebrated, which I do! Bon soir!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    RIP Louis Jourdan -{
    YNWA 97
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    OP was once rated my least favorite Bond movie. Recent years has caused a mass revisiting to that rating/ranking and I now regard it much higher. A great reason for this is Louis Jourdan's greatly underrated performance as Kamal Khan. His delivery and demeanor was fantastic. He will be greatly missed. Everyone put your OP dvd/blu-rays in this week. Thank you for all the fond memories Mr. Jourdan. RIP.
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    Louis Jourdan played the title role in my favorite version of Dracula. Watching his portrayal of the legendary count on Halloween has been a tradition for me for over 30 years.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • King KamalKing Kamal Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Very sad news, he was great in Octopussy and it's not often that one of Roger Moore's co stars comes off as even more suave and debonair than Sir Roger! RIP Monsieur Jourdan
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Some people are born to be stars -{
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Me and some friends just saw Swamp Thing......or should I say the beginning of the movie last Saturday night (no , he did not fall asleep cuz it was boring , thank you very much :v

RIP Jourdan , now 2 of the Moore-era main villians are gone :(
    Very shocked to hear of Lesley Gore's passing , never knew she had cancer :(
    50 yrs ago : John Kitzmiller RIP

20 yrs ago : Donald Pleasence RIP
    Really sad to hear that Leonard Nimoy has died aged 83, RIP
    Sometimes I hate it when I see someone has posted on the tributes thread, and this is
    Really sad news, so much of my childhood was wrapped up in watching and playing
    Star Trek, so sad to learn about the death of Leonard Nimoy RIP, at least he did
    Live long and prospered.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Another Columbo villain dies (see 'A Stitch in Crime', one of my favourite episodes) - sad to hear of the passing of Leonard Nimoy. Spock to several generations of fans of Star Trek too. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Second star to the right, and straight on til morning....

Totally gutted to hear the sad news of Spock passing. :(
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    Just learned the sad news about Nimoy. He played such an iconic character and played him so well that they couldn't do without him even when they rebooted the Star Trek franchise. Because he left such an indelible mark on television and movies fans everywhere, Nimoy will always live long and prosper in our memories. May he rest in peace.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    RIP, Leonard Nimoy -{
    YNWA 97