Tributes Thread

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Ron Moody made a little comedy gem " Hart of the yard" a short lived
    TV show about a bungling British detective in America. Plenty of visual
    Humour, very much like Inspector Clouseau.
    A very talented actor RIP Ron Moody.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    It seems that Sir Christopher Lee actually died in hospital on Sunday 7 June 2015 but that it has only been reported now.

See here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11666316/christopher-lee-dies-live.html
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Devastating news about Christopher Lee! Then I read here that Ron Moody has also left us - and so soon after Richard Johnson's recent death too!

The British acting fraternity is a much poorer place for their passing...RIP
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    It seems that Sir Christopher Lee actually died in hospital on Sunday 7 June 2015 but that it has only been reported now.

See here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11666316/christopher-lee-dies-live.html

Yes, apparently the announcement was delayed to inform family...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Jeffery Holder and Richard Kiel last Year, and now Sir Christopher Lee :(
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Gutted.

A talent I'll greatly miss.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    RIP Sir Christopher Lee -{ a massive loss...

RIP Ron Moody -{
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Lovely man! RIP Sir Chris :(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    When you consider how long Lee lived and how much he accomplished (not to mention 275+ films....holy imdb , Batman !) then I'm more happy than sad.

1000x respect :(
    He did have an amazing Career -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    He was also a trained opera singer. A very talented man. I'm guessing many of
    Us will be watching TMWTGG tonight. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'm watching it now -{
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    The best tribute I've seen today for Christopher Lee ...

'Christopher Lee #RIP ... For now '
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Very sad to hear about Christopher Lee. Very talented actor, excellent performances in The Man With The Golden Gun and The Wicker Man, amongst numerous others. RIP.

Sir Roger Moore on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/sirrogermoore

"It's terrible when you lose an old friend, and Christopher Lee was one of my oldest. We first met in 1948."

"Our thoughts are for Lady Lee, Christina and Juan."
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I always loved Ron Moody's Fagin, although it's 180 degrees from Dickens's thoroughly evil (and anti-Semitic) character. RIP, Ron. And for Christopher Lee, I'll say what another character said in one of his very first films: "Good night, sweet prince, / And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    RIP

What a career indeed!!!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    RIP Christopher Lee, an acting icon. With a Carter covering Dracula, Bond, Star Wars and LOTR, he sure has many thousands of fans. You just never expect to hear such icons to be gone. :(
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    RIP, Christopher Lee. A true giant in the Bond universe, given both his relation to Ian Fleming and his wonderful performance as Scaramanga. -{
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I read Lee's bio and it's just amazing. What a life and career. The silver lining in losing such legendary performers is that their entire career will live on in world of electronic media allowing future generations to enjoy their roles.

One of the interesting parts of his life is that he was an intelligence officer in the RAF and SOE (though he never talked about his work with the SOE). He actually never discussed his wartime service very much as it brought up painful memories of the horrors he had seen.

What a remarkable human being...wish I could have met him.
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    A great shame to hear of Christopher Lee's passing.

A hugely under-rated actor, much like his colleague & great friend, Peter Cushing. These are actors needed in film, people who can transcend genre & make you believe in the unbelievable. Rare talents.

I think I shall have my own weekend viewing tribute - DRACULA, THE DEVIL RIDES OUT, THE WICKER MAN & of course, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN.
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Saddened to hear about Christopher Lee passing away.
    We can be guilty of calling people legends when sometimes it's not really deserved but Christopher Lee was without doubt a legend.
    He will be sadly missed.
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I was impressed when they got Chris to do voice work for Scaramanga in the Goldeneye Rougue Agent game
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    RIP Francisco Scaramanga. Such a coincidence because my daughter and I just watched him this past week in Star Wars episodes 2 and 3, "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith," and also in "The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies" just a couple of weeks ago. While watching him as Count Dooku, I was just thinking to myself about his recent heavy metal Christmas album and wondered if that was his last Christmas.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    Christopher Lee lived to become the villain and died the hero. RIP
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    This is the first time in well, forever, that I've genuinely been deeply upset by a celebrity death.

RIP Christopher Lee. But at least he had a long and fulfilled life.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    Very, very sad to read of Sir Christopher Lee's passing. I cannot count the number of wonderful cinematic moments I have experienced thanks to this great actor. RIP.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    There won't be another like him. I've been a fan since before TMWTGG- I rememver bluffing my way into the cinema to see "Dracula AD1972" when I was 13 (it was an "X" or 18 certificate).
    Paraphrasing a quote I read yesterday: you've watched Christopher Lee movies all your life. Your kids watch Christopher Lee movies now. Your grandparents watched Christopher Lee movies back in their day. Now that is fame.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I spoke to him once ,I was in a store in the west end ,and he was shopping ,a very unmistakeable character ,I think he was filming star wars ,but it was fantastic to see the prince of darkness in the flesh ,so to speak .But on the happy side of his death ,at least we may now get some decent films on the TV ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    A talented, gentlemanly actor who never wore out his welcome....and a real life hero to boot....RIP Sir.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ammo08 wrote:
    A talented, gentlemanly actor who never wore out his welcome....and a real life hero to boot....RIP Sir.

A true gentleman indeed , as a boy in Belgravia ,his house hold had cooks ,butlers,chauffers ect ,his back ground was more Scarramanga than Scarramanga ,we will never see his like again .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?