Tributes Thread

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear of the death of Gabriele Ferzetti. I was surprised to find some time ago that he was still alive. OHMSS is my favourite Bond film so this is particularly sad for me. At least he lived a good full life. His performance as Marc Ange Draco was exceptional.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agreed SM -{ a very natural actor, and great at the
    little bits of comedy in OHMSS.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Sad to hear of the death of Gabriele Ferzetti. I was surprised to find some time ago that he was still alive. OHMSS is my favourite Bond film so this is particularly sad for me. At least he lived a good full life. His performance as Marc Ange Draco was exceptional.

Just heard of this; sad news. Rest in peace.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Agent PurpleAgent Purple Posts: 857MI6 Agent
    RIP. Love his performance in OHMSS.
    "Hostile takeovers. Shall we?"
    New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
    Bond actors to be re-ranked later
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    RIP Gabrielle Ferzetti - Draco is one of my all-time favourite Bond characters. And I also enjoy his performance as the crippled Railroad baron in Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    Without doubt he is in the Top 10 characters ever to appear in the series - RIP Gabriele
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/robert-loggia-movie-tv-tough-guy-dies-85-35589491
    Sad to hear Robert Loggia has died, he was a very talented actor.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/robert-loggia-movie-tv-tough-guy-dies-85-35589491
    Sad to hear Robert Loggia has died, he was a very talented actor.

Sad to hear that. Funny I was just thinking about him at work earlier today. I was wondering to myself if he was still alive. He was in the Columbo episode 'Now You See Him'.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I always enjoyed Robert Loggia's performances--great as a gangster, a cop, a PI. . .and who could forget him dancing on the giant keyboard with Tom Hanks? And farewell also to Gabriele Ferzetti. RIP, gentlemen!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    I just saw Loggia on Family Guy , dunno if it was him who did the voice , though.

Very sad to hear about Ferzetti although I'd a feeling it was coming as I read recently he wasn't in good form :( :( :(
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    RIP to two legends Gabriele Ferzetti and Robert Loggia. Gabriele will forever have an impact for his great portrayal of Draco in OHMSS. Loved Loggia in Scarface, Independence Day, the Sopranos among many other roles. Thanks to both for the great memories which will always live on.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    35 yrs since Lennon was killed , a cruel way to go out.......
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    A few days late...but Scott Weiland, former lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, was finally caught by the demons that had been chasing him for decades. Aged 48. Rest in peace.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    35 yrs since Lennon was killed , a cruel way to go out.......

That's tomorrow for us in the UK - he's one of my heroes -{
    YNWA 97
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Nicholas Smith who played Mr Rumbold in Are You Being Served has died aged 81 - I think that's all the major cast from the series no longer with us?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    RIP Nicholas Smith, I thought AYBS fantastically funny, even watching the
    Recent repeats on BBC 2.
    Recent repeats on BBC 2.

Indeed - a very funny show - RIP -{
    YNWA 97
    35 years ago today - John Lennon - as he said, Give Peace A Chance -{
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Recent repeats on BBC 2.

latest?cb=20120108064324

That told me nothing, TP... Ah, Mr Rumbold! Last surviving member of Are You Being Served?, who'd have thought what with young whippernappers like Wendy Richard and that Mr Lucas actor. That said, the Mr Lucas replacement is still going strong of course.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Saddened to read about the death of actress Shirley Stelfox. She was excellent as Rose in Keeping Up Appearances. RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2015/12/08/eagles-of-death-metal-appear-with-u2-in-surprise-return-to-stage-after-paris-attacks.html
    Although I'm not a fan of U2, I thought it was a great show of solidarity in their
    Paris show to play along with Eagles of death metal, after the Paris attacks. -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    A few days late...but Scott Weiland, former lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, was finally caught by the demons that had been chasing him for decades. Aged 48. Rest in peace.

RIP. Great frontman!!!! Just dug out my Revolver / STP albums
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    RIP Jimmy Hill - love him or loathe him, he dragged football out of the dark ages...he played football, he coached, he managed, he ran a club and he became a tv presenter -{
    YNWA 97
    RIP, Jimmy Hill.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    RIP Jimmy Hill you were a legend
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    It's the 16th anniversary of the death of Desmond Llewellyn. RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    good old JIM, one of Saturday nights football legends ,a true footballing man .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    RIP Lemmy of Motörhead -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    RIP Mr Lemmy Kilmister.
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    R.I.P. Lem.

Seen Motorhead back in 2011 at Sonisphere down Knebworth.

Currently listening to "The Game."

Damage case by far is my favourite tune by them.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."