Tributes Thread

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/queen-elizabeth-II/11852796/The-Queen-longest-serving-monarch-live.html
    Congratulations to Her Majesty, now our longest serving monarch. -{
    ...... and she got to be a Bond girl too. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/queen-elizabeth-II/11852796/The-Queen-longest-serving-monarch-live.html
    Congratulations to Her Majesty, now our longest serving monarch. -{
    ...... and she got to be a Bond girl too. ;)

Indeed, she is one of a kind never to be repeated. Congratulations and thanks for all you do, Your Majesty. :x -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    As someone who has held the holy bible in his hand ,and sworn on oath to protect her Sovereign majesty ,I am glad that our Queen
    is still ruling over us :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Just caught a fantastic interview on " Broadcasting House BBC radio 4" with
    One of the last surviving Battle of Britain pilots. It's amazing how so many
    Ordinary people, when the time comes can do extraordinary things. -{
    He was 19, and talked about flying a spitfire for the first time, really interesting
    And at 94, he sounds very fit and well.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Read today whilst having breakfast outside in the blazing Kent sunshine :D ,art critic Brian Sewell has gone to the great gallery in the sky.Not every ones cup of tea , but he didn't suffer fools gladly ,and once quoted Damien Hirst as fu***ng S**t
    so not a bad bloke :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Jackie Collins. She wrote Trash with a capital T - quality Trash. The Stud is a brilliant book with a triple narrator, and Hollywood Wives an epic where each disparate plotline dovetails into a glorious finale.

I do think The Stud could do with a remake, as Joan Collins in saucy hat and fishnets not withstanding, the film didn't do it justice.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Happy Reunification day to all our German friends. -{
    I still remember the news footage of the wall coming down.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Thanks, TP {[]

What's a reunification?

Maybe I am too young to know it :D or had too many beers already :D {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) Now there's some proper music ! :D
    http://comicbook.com/2015/10/08/guardians-of-the-galaxys-dave-bautista-gets-married/
    Congratulations to Dave Bautista ( Mr Hinx) on recently getting married. -{ -{ -{
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    RIP Christopher Wood. -{

From Sir Roger Moore on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/sirrogermoore/status/655289879451082752

How sad to hear Bond screenwriter Christopher Wood has died. He wrote two of my best.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    RIP Christopher Wood.

His two Books from his films, were very good indeed. He had a style of writing
    very similar to Fleming himself.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,597Chief of Staff
    RIP Christopher Wood -{

And

RIP Howard Kendall -{
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Well bang goes the pipe dream of having Wood come back to do another Bond entry. :(

By far my favourite non-Fleming Bond novels, very ironic as they were novelisations of the most outlandish films. But yes, he nailed the Fleming style while dispensing with the consumer fetishism that other continuation authors felt obliged to include. That said, I've yet to read Trigger Mortis so maybe that will work. Still. Wood set his books in the 70s but made no fuss about being an update to 'modern' times.

534a47e4e634f9dbb22e280b9b2fced2.jpg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    RIP Christopher Wood -{
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Wood's novelizations of TSWLM and Moonraker are good enough to be considered "real" Bond novels. . .I was always sorry he wasn't asked by IFP to write an official contribution to the series. RIP.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    RIP Christopher Wood :(

His novelization of TSWLM is certainly my favourite non-Fleming Bond book (Amis' 'Colonel Sun' excepted).
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    RIP Christopher Wood. TSWLM and Moonraker are epic films.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Very sad to hear of the death of Christopher Wood. Another literary/film Bond icon gone. He would evidently have made a fantastic Bond continuation author based on his novelisations of TSWLM and MR. I am at work on an article on his MR novelisation currently and will of course now dedicate it to him on my blog. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    RIP Christopher Wood. One of my favorite screenwriters of the series.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    It's been 6 years today since actor Joseph Wiseman died.RIP Mr Wiseman. Thank you for your contribution to the Bond series.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Just read that Peter Baldwin has died aged 82, he was best known to a generation of Coronation Street viewers for playing Derek Wilton, married to Mavis, RIP
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Maureen O'Hara, one of my favorite actresses of all time has passed away. She was full of spirit, athletic, beautiful and the camera loved her. The scene in The Quiet Man where John Wayne first sees her as she looks back over her shoulder at him, shows her true beauty. R.I.P
    Sad news RIP Maureen O'Hara.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Aw. I always had a crush on Maureen O'Hara--I kept looking for a way I could go back in time and meet her at her loveliest--and I always enjoyed her performances. RIP to a great lady!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,597Chief of Staff
    Sad to hear the news of the death of Maureen O'Hara, RIP -{
    YNWA 97
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Feng Tien (Fist of Fury , FoF 2) :(
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Sad news, Colin Welland, the actor and screenwriter of Chariots of Fire has died aged 81, RIP
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".