Tributes Thread

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I only just found out last night about Robert Vaughn / so sad. I met him briefly at a couple of years back when he was signing his autobiography at a bookshop in London - lovely man. Napoleon Solo and Bond were my childhood heroes. RIP.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Sad to report the passing of my friend and fellow skydiver Steve Truglia, one of the stunt team on TND & TWINE, I had known Steve since the early 80's when he served in 21 SAS. After his service he became a professional stuntman and magician, with his own weekly show in the West End. There was nothing Steve could not turn his hand to. He died during a helicopter rappelling stunt in China on Thursday. RIP my friend

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1020883/?ref_=nv_sr_2
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear GM, good friends are a gift.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Best wishes gadget Meister
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Sad to report the passing of my friend and fellow skydiver Steve Truglia, one of the stunt team on TND & TWINE, I had known Steve since the early 80's when he served in 21 SAS. After his service he became a professional stuntman and magician, with his own weekly show in the West End. There was nothing Steve could not turn his hand to. He died during a helicopter rappelling stunt in China on Thursday. RIP my friend

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1020883/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Sad news. RIP.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sorry for your loss GM, sad news indeed :#
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    So very sorry, GM. I'd heard about that on the news :(
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Very sorry to hear that Gadget Meister. It sounds like the world lost a very talented person. TND and TWINE had brilliant stunts.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, GM. He sounded like quite a guy. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Likewise GM, my thoughts are with you.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Florence Henderson of The Brady Bunch has passed away at 82.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Joe Esposito , worked for Elvis 1960-77. The other bodyguards didn't care much for him since he was from Chicago and saw him as Parkers spy.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Just been announced that Andrew Sachs has passed away at 86.

2016 has just been deplorable :#
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,222MI6 Agent
    Andrew Sachs RIP. Unforgettable as Manuel in Fawlty Towers. A lovely man. Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross are utter scum in comparison (ref their "hilarious" answerphone messages that they left for him to listen to).
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Andrew Sachs RIP. Unforgettable as Manuel in Fawlty Towers. A lovely man. Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross are utter scum in comparison (ref their "hilarious" answerphone messages that they left for him to listen to).

He was brilliant as Manuel. I loved him in Fawlty Towers. I liked him in Corrie as well. RIP Mr Sachs.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    He knew nothing - he was from Barcelona. RIP
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    RIP Andrew Sachs -{

2016 has been a terrible year :#
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear of the passing of Andrew Sachs. I just bought the boxest of Fawlty Towers recently and am looking forward to watching it very much. He will be remembered long after Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand are dust, and rightly so.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    RIP Andrew Sachs
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    RIP Andrew Sachs. Yet more sad news we have had this year.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    His portrayal of waiter Manuel ,will go down in comedy history as one of the great characters ,RIP Manuel
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    RIP Andrew Sachs. One of my favourite episodes of Fawlty Towers was on as a tribute to him the other day - Communication Problems. Manuel has to cover for Basil betting on a horse "I know nothing".
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    I remember on BBC radio 4 they broadcast a play Andrew Sachs had done, the only
    Unusual thing was ... It had no dialogue ! Merely sound effects and background noises.
    Yet it still told the story of an escaped prisoner. A very interesting experiment.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Van "Green Hornet" Williams , re-united with Kato.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    RIP Peter Vaughan - great as Grouty in Porridge -{
    YNWA 97
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    The news about Peter Vaughan puts Game of Thrones first, as I guess that's all the young'uns will know him from; but he terrified Dustin Hoffman back in the original Straw Dogs and he was heartbreaking as the elder Mr. Stevens in Remains of the Day. One of the all-time great character actors. RIP, Mr. Vaughan!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    RIP Peter Vaughan - great as Grouty in Porridge -{

Genial Harry Grout - RIP

Astonished to discover he was only in 3 episodes (though he has a large part in the film I suppose).

Sad to lose him at Christmas time, Porridge is a bit of a festive staple in my house.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    RIP Peter Vaughan. An excellent actor.
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    My favorite Peter Vaughan role was from the 1970s UK anthology series 'The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes.' Each episode highlighted a different Victorian-era fictional detective. Vaughan played Horace Dorrington, a corrupt, thuggish, yet brilliant anti-hero in two episodes. If you want to see a somewhat twisted, amoral version of a classic English mystery, I highly recommend watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LiLoGwJo5s

FYI for fitness types: Note the kettlebells in the gym scene around the 13:30 mark.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
    RIP Peter Vaughan , I think he was also in the first series of "Citizen Smith " a long and
    varied career,.