• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    R.I.P Carrie Fisher.

I really hate 2016. :(

Ah noooooo!!

:(

RIP
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'd heard she had a heart attack on a plane, some shocking deaths this year RIP.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    RIP Carrie Fisher -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    RIP Carrie Fisher, nothing but sad news.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    RIP Carrie Fisher. No more deaths in 2016 please.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    @Gadget Meister Very sorry to hear about your friend Steve Truglia, I have a ton of respect for professional stunt performers. I recall reading an interview with him in Goldeneye magazine around the release of TND, he seemed like a really talented man.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    welshguy34 wrote:
    RIP Carrie Fisher. No more deaths in 2016 please.

Sorry to disappoint, also heard that Richard Adams, author of Watership Down passed on Christmas Eve aged 96.

RIP to both Richard and Carrie.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    After Rik Parfitt died, his manager was quoted in i newspaper saying that at least with all the celebrity deaths this year, the rock star would had been the last to see out the year, propping up the table or something. That really was a case of speaking too soon...

Feeling very bruised and unnerved by the celeb deaths this year.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    PS Remember Carrie Fisher's role in maybe the best scene of Bond spoof Austin Powers, when Dr Evil visits the shrink with his son. :))

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    PS Remember Carrie Fisher's role in maybe the best scene of Bond spoof Austin Powers, when Dr Evil visits the shrink with his son. :))

Listen to the words he used. Who's going to take over the world, when i die? Feels that way to some of us, doesn't it?
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Associated Press has reported that Debbie Reynolds just died. :(

RIP.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Three more days for 2016 to continue its work. RIP, Debbie. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Three more days for 2016 to continue its work. RIP, Debbie. . .

A savagely tragic year. And there are three days left :#

Rest in peace, Carrie and Debbie.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,339Chief of Staff

It's a great scene, and Carrie was good value. It's certainly better than the scene where Dr Evil reveals he's Austin's brother- a terrible idea, I'm so glad that the Bond writers have never resorted to such a deplorable gimmick.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Chuckles a bit because it's basically a sad occasion
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    RIP Debbie Reynolds
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Another tragic turn of events in 2016, RIP Debbie Reynolds.
    Edit, actually was gonna make a bad taste joke but thought better of it, was funny might be taken the wrong way!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Anyway, so who else for this year then? It's almost like if we name someone does it take the curse off it?

It's sad, I was watching Debbie Reynolds in Singing in the Rain the other day, great stuff. She was the last of the three. Both she and Donald O'Connor popped up in separate episodes of Frasier, and the one with Debbie in is a hoot, go see...

It's also odd that Harrison Ford had two near death experiences in the last two years, with the slamming door on set of the latest Star Wars, and then his near plane crash. But he gets to live.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    RIP Debbie Reynolds. Feel so sorry for her granddaughter who has lost both her and her mother in days.
    Congratulations to Naomie Harris on being awarded an OBE -{
    2016 couldn't leave without taking one more. . .William Christopher, the beloved Father Mulcahey on "M*A*SH*" died on Dec. 31 at the age of 84.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Another MASH star gone , not some random guest star but someone who was on that show for yrs and yrs , how sad he's gone :(
    Ah, that's a shame.

We had the New Year's Honours List, and such has the year been, when you hear Ken Dodd and Patricia Routledge, you automatically think, ah, another one that 2016 claims. But no, it's a knighthood and a dame thing. -{

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Congratulations to Naomie Harris on being awarded an OBE -{

Indeed, very well done, Miss Moneypenny. :x -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Let's hope 2017 won't be another 2016; but I guess this is the first "big name" loss of the year: the fine character actor Om Puri is dead at 66. RIP.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    One of the big killer whales in Sea world has died ,Tilicum ,the one who was blamed for drowning his keeper /trainer in Orlando FL
    a few years back ,has died , We did have the honour of seeing him at one of his shows , but its very sad to see such a majestic beast kept in such a way , and we are as guilty as the next for paying to see him . Well he now free ,and can swim forever in the heavenly oceans ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Gone to the great Bat Cave in the Sky :

Lydia Limpet aka Francine York :(
    1 year ago today David Bowie passed, RIP David
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Two days ago I got a call from Germany and I've been informed that my father passed away. We were not very close, we rarely met (like once per two years or something like that) and honestly I don't know what to feel. I can't seem to process that information entirely I guess, I'm 25 years old and on one side nothing changed - he was never with me, he rarely called, we rarely met, he was definitely not raising me, he never helped me or my mother when times were tough etc. On the other side the knowledge that he will never be on my future wedding, never hear that I became a master of law, never see my first child etc is quite hearbreaking. But I'm not crying or something and I don't know if I should feel bad because of that.

Any of you had a tough relationship with your father and experienced his passing without even saying the final goodbye? Sorrry to ask that, only a handful of people know about this so I don't really know who to ask and most of you are much older and wiser then me.