Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    stop poking fun at us oldies. :p :D
    I'm ONE of you oldies, LOL! ;)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    What's an aspect ratio? Can I calculate it using my original slide rule? :))

(Perhaps we should have a competitive oldies topic!) :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Mister BMister B Rennes (France)Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Thank you all for the welcoming ! :)
    Ha ha. Yeah, French is a hard language but don't worry a lot of French people have a hell of a hard time with English. :D I try to do my best not to fall into that stereotype.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited June 2014
    Well, I've been away for a year and two months (since 20 April 2013) and have now returned thanks to the kindness of Sir Miles. This has been a negotiated return and I have endeavoured to smooth things over with any members I may have offended or been a jerk towards. To all those I offended or wronged in the past please accept my sincere apologies. I hope that we can move on together and that this is water under the bridge by this stage. That is how I feel at least.

I am grateful for another chance at being a member here and I will not let down the trust placed in me by Sir Miles. I respect him and AJB too much for that. In this post I salute Sir Miles and the other mods who have all been kind to me.

I may not post as much as I once did as I do not want to rock the boat in any way by being too conspicuous as I know that that was an issue before. I have been reading AJB daily since my ban and I still care deeply about this forum and its members. I wish to return to active service but of course I can only do that democratically with your continued support and welcome.

Sincerely,

Brian.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Welcome back SM, many of us have been lucky enough to get a second chance. So
    To partly quote M " Don't co*k it up " ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Well, I've been away for a year and two months (since 20 April 2013) and have now returned thanks to the kindness of Sir Miles.
    WHAT?!?!?! I thought I was DONE seeing you around here!! That's IT! I must have a talk with Sir Miles!! X-(

Just kidding, Brian! :)) Welcome back! Although, it's not like I've missed you. I see you all the time at the other place... ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the welcomes, Thunderpussy and chrisisall.

I'm like a bad lira that keeps turning up! :)

Great to be able to converse with you folks again.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    WB Brian {[]
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Looking forwards to see Brian 2.0.
    Welcome back -{
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Thank you very much for your gracious welcomes, Pete and Markus. That really means a lot to me. :) -{
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Well, I've been away for a year and two months (since 20 April 2013) and have now returned thanks to the kindness of Sir Miles. This has been a negotiated return and I have endeavoured to smooth things over with any members I may have offended or been a jerk towards. To all those I offended or wronged in the past please accept my sincere apologies. I hope that we can move on together and that this is water under the bridge by this stage. That is how I feel at least.

I am grateful for another chance at being a member here and I will not let down the trust placed on me by Sir Miles. I respect him and AJB too much for that. In this post I salute Sir Miles and the other mods who have all been kind to me.

I may not post as much as I once did as I do not want to rock the boat in any way by being too conspicuous as I know that that was an issue before. I have been reading AJB daily since my ban and I still care deeply about this forum and its members. I wish to return to active service but I can only do that with your support and welcome.

Sincerely,

Brian.

Good to see you got a second chance. Looking forward (not backward) to your contributions to the group. -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Thank you, Blackleiter. I'm glad to be back among you good folks of AJB and I am very grateful for the second chance from Sir Miles. I won't let him or indeed AJB down again.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I'm sorry for being absent this Week, this is due to me coming down with an unfortunate Case of the Kidney Stones and the Misses announcing that she is expecting :) So I'll most likely be absent as well for the next few Weeks. Cheers in advance for understanding -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Congratulations!
    (baby not stones)
    Sorry about the kidney stones AOS, they're supposed to hurt like hell. Although
    Sir Roger had them, so you've something in common, ( aren't you lucky ) :))
    {[] Congratulations, on your good news {[]
    We have two kids and as soon as we found out what was causing them, we soon put
    a stop to all that carry on ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Cheers Guys -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Congratulations, AOS -{
    YNWA 97
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Congrats to you and your wife, AOS. You know, they say that having kidney stones is the closest a man can come to understanding the pain of childbirth. So, nice job on your part in empathizing with your wife! {[]
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Speaking of empathizing ......

After our second kid, we'd had enough. In fact if we could have given them
    Back we would. ( only joking :)) ). So I went and had the "snip", My wife was
    so annoyed, when I got home, that I had no pain or discomfort. :))
    The only thing I didn't know was that after it for 24hours, I " legally " could not
    Make any decisions. :))
    Congratulations on your baby news AOS, and sorry to hear you're being troubled by kidney stones - not nice company I'm sure. I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best with the baby. :) -{
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    Congrats AoS! What exciting news for you and your family I'm sure. A new Bond fan in the making -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Congrats to you both (AOS ) especialy after your GF loss of her fathers passing ,im sure he is smiling down on you both,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'm sorry for being absent this Week, this is due to me coming down with an unfortunate Case of the Kidney Stones and the Misses announcing that she is expecting :) So I'll most likely be absent as well for the next few Weeks. Cheers in advance for understanding -{

Cheers for the wonderful news about your girlfriend AOS. I hope all goes well. -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    Congrats, AOS!
    When Jr arrives, let us know and I'm sure where ever we are, We'll
    All raise a glass. {[]
    When Jr arrives, let us know and I'm sure where ever we are, We'll
    All raise a glass. {[]
    +1!! -{
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Yes - wonderful news, being a Dad is the best thing in the world -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • King KamalKing Kamal Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Evening

Relative newbie to Bond-dom but fast getting addicted (healthier than cigarettes or alcohol) so just signing up after lurking for too long. Have memories of Wint and Kidd, Tee Hee and Dario in the cocaine shredder as a kid but didn’t watch a full film till a few years ago and then caught up with the rest thanks to the joys of the small screen recently.

Don’t have a favourite Bond but LALD and YOLT are the films out of their boxes most often. Most of the films are like good friends to me now although I do have a few real friends and a life (occasionally) too!

See you all around.
    Welcome King Kamal! -{
    {[] Welcome King Kamal. Looking forward to hearing your views. {[]