Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• BlowfeldBlowfeld Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello all!

I've just bought The Bluffer's Guide to Bond!

It's only 98p on Kindle!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009UXSI98?keywords=bluffer%27s%20bond&qid=1441886958&ref_=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2&sr=8-1

It's pretty good - goes over everything from Fleming's books to the films!

Anyway, just thought I'd share...

Thanks,

Blowfeld
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    Well, I have just booked a flight back to England on the 9th September - I have accepted an offer on my house so need to get back to sort it all out - fortunately the buyer is in no great hurry to complete so I will have time to pack everything up I want to send back here to Mactan and sell the stuff I don't need.

Also will be great to catch up with family and friends.

Well, I've landed safely, hired a car and am now back at "home" in England. Makes a change to drive on the left :))
    Got an appointment with my solicitor tomorrow to iron out the details on the sale of my house.
    Looking forward very much to tonight when I go to my daughter's for dinner and see my grandkids and son-in-law - it's been over a year since I've seen them.
    The weather is very nice today but a bit cooler than what I'm used to :D
    Lots to do now trying to sort out what I'm sending back to Mactan and what I'm selling off.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Welcome Paul and Blowfeld -{ :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Glad to hear you're doing well, stag! -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • PaulbolPaulbol Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the welcome.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    I've not been away long but have been in hospital. This second op should see me back on my feet for good in a few weeks.

I'll be setting all the alarms off when I go through airport security though & it is entirely possible that, given all the metal embedded in me, I am now worth more as scrap.

Sorry to hear that!!!

Get your feet up with Trigger Mortis in hand and maybe a stiff drink (medicinal purposes of course) in the other {[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Glad to hear you're, up and about again Stag {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    Get well soon, Stag {[]
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    :)) Watch your blood pressure, old boy! -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Best wishes for a full recovery dear stag! :) -{

Also, a warm welcome to all of the newbies! -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yes - get well soon Stag -{ "Nurse, do I seem... 'healthy' to you? " :)) :v
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    HI gang im back ,but first , a quick hallo to me old mate Stagg ,sorry to hear your under the weather , get well soon .

Back home now , all the cases have been put back in the loft , everything is packed away ,the house seems empty now .Pre -wedding ,there was suits ,dresses ,hats ,shoes ,decorations every where ,the house looked like a wedding show room :)) .Weve packed the boy off to Florida (and his new wife) :D .We have had a great 4 days , the summer certainly wasn't over in deepest Kent ,we was very lucky,we even swam in the outside pool it was that warm . Every thing went like clock work ,no mistakes no foul ups .A great weight has been lifted of our shoulders ,all the worries have gone . I wore my C@J Camberlys :D very comfortable .
    with a dark navy 3 pc herring bone ,with single vent,peak lapels , 5 button cuff ,saw it on some bloke in Rome :))
    any way a few pics for your delictation :)
    beemer_003.jpg
    the Beemer :D

wedding_069.jpg
    the hotel

wedding_073.jpg
    the hotel again
    wedding_064.jpg
    the grounds from our suite

wedding_065.jpg
    We has the American flag put up in respect of 911 ,(the day of the wedding)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    It looks a beautiful location. -{
  • parfaitelumiereparfaitelumiere Posts: 153MI6 Agent
    Hello,

I am a french replica prop maker and collector and costume maker.
    I mainly made some star wars props replicas, Harry potter wooden wands, but also some japanese animation replica as a harlock costume and some weapons from various origins.
    After making some searches about Scaramanga's golden gun I found this forum.
    I am planning to make a accurate gun, even it will probably be close to impossible because of many incoherences.
    I took many screenshots from the 1080 blueray edition.
    This is what I think about golden guns appearing on screen...
    -The spare parts one, including fake waterman, dissasemblable hollow pen, and working cigarette box (visible at about 1h 03)
    -the assembled one, non firing (maybe same a spare parts one, visible in introduction and many other times)
    -the firing one (probably the one with small holes here and there, visible at 35mn)
    -the loose genuine waterman pen (longer cap and body, closed cap top with classical waterman design, visible during brunch with Bond)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Welcome to AJB parfaitelumiere....and good luck with your project -{
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I'm back for the foreseeable -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

that's great news MG ,it was beginning to get a bit dull around here ,theres only so much TP can do :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Yep, Welcome back minigeff {[]
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Welcome back, Singe.
    Have you receivd my email from last week?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    yes higgy, all in hand-{

thanks for the messages guys
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Don't you....

iPuZO3gndyywL.gif
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

About time too, ya loafing bugger.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

About time too, ya loafing bugger.

indeed, its been too long -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Welcome back minigeff. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Nice to have you back, Minigeff -{
    YNWA 97
    Nice to have you back MG - I hope we're going to see more more gratuitous sex and violence now :)) -{
  • For Ur Eyes OnlyFor Ur Eyes Only Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone, I'm new here.
    Huge James Bond fan, despite my name FYEO is not my fave Bond (It's the coolest name tho). I guess my faves would be OHMSS, Octopussy (Unpopular opinion), The Spy Who Loved Me, Dr.No. Sean is probably the best Bond but I love Roger and his movies too.

I'm 21 and also love pop music, working in photoshop and lots of other stuff.

VO0n7M2.gif
    P.S. I just love using gifs in my posts :D
    niDqabR.png
    Welcome For Ur Eyes Only. -{ .
    Welcome to AJB -{
    YNWA 97
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Hi folks. Just popping in to say I'm back and I missed you guys. As some of you may know, my family and I have been dealing with a traumatic incident for the past several months, and although we are still dealing with the aftermath, things are considerably better. I also want to take a moment to extend a special thanks to our good friend Higgins. He has been extremely kind and considerate during this very difficult time. He has communicated with me from time to time to check on my family's well-being and to let me know that my fellow ABJers have asked about me. I am very grateful to Higgins for his support and to all of you who inquired about Ole Blackleiter! Now, I've got a lot of catching up to do. After all, SPECTRE is right around the corner! :007)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."