Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Yes welcome Jason, I know you from mi6, from my very fleeting dalliance there. ajb is a great forum to be a part of. -{

Yes, I'd forgotten you were over there for a while. What happened if I may ask? :)
    Nothing really, I just Thunderpussy needed his space :D
    To be honest I found it a little fractious and cliquey. I do still look in from time to time.

I see. I think you were the same username over there too.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Welcome to AJB, Jason. This is much nicer than the other place :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    About the English thing, I too write a bit "funny" sometimes and only when I re-read my post do I find a grammar error that shouldn't be there. Of course there were sometimes that these slipped through the cracks, Barbel should know with all of the edits I do to my posts ;) . The root of that problem stems from the fact that I come from Greece but ever since I was four or so, I started watching cartoons in English and whenever I couldn't understand the meaning of a word, my father helped me understand it better. So essentially, I grew up with the language. An unfortunate "side-effect" is that I managed to disconnect from Greek pop culture, not that I care about that of course, it sucks. Another "side-effect" is that whenever I talk to someone in Greek, I sometimes lag a bit because I know the word in English or even an expression in English that would fit in with the situation perfectly but I can't tell them that because they either wouldn't understand or would think that I'm an idiot for saying that. As a result, I'm not very popular with people in school but that's not to say that I haven't got any friends. Part of the reason why I enjoy AJB so much, apart from talking about my favourite franchise, is that I can write in a manner/language that people here understand. I like it here, and I'm not going away anytime soon. However, there will be a "desertion" of sorts from July 3-10, as I will be on vacation so do not be alarmed.
    Cheer-i-o, old fellows.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

Yes, I'd forgotten you were over there for a while. What happened if I may ask? :)
    Nothing really, I just Thunderpussy needed his space :D
    To be honest I found it a little fractious and cliquey. I do still look in from time to time.

I see. I think you were the same username over there too.
    I did indeed
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,224MI6 Agent
    Welcome JBJ006. My daughter moved to Bournemouth from London a few years ago so I am there every time I'm back in the country.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    We were expecting you, Jason! -{

He is the author of this great thread: http://bit.ly/2rtYhpm Just take a look and enjoy. Ho, ho, ho! :D :007)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Hey ggl007! Good to see you here! Cheers, Jason
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Jake24Jake24 Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Fancy meeting you here, my good man!
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I've been a Bond fan since I was introduced to the Brosnan films in the 90s. Daniel Craig made me a big fan. I have to admit that David (The Bond Experience) really boosted me into the fandom with his clothing reviews. One thing I love about the Bond fandom is that I get to wear what I collect, drink what I buy, and emulate a bit of the suave/confidence in daily life. Unlike other hobbies where you stick something on a shelf, you take Bond with you so to speak. It's why I can see myself staying with this fandom for life.

I've lurked around this forum for quite awhile but it's time I came out of the shadows and joined you guys. Thanks for having me.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    We're very glad to have you, Sterling Archer. Welcome aboard AJB. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Welcome Sterling Archer, have a -{ on the house!
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Welcome to AJB -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Welcome Sterling Archer -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Yes, welcome Sterling Archer. Enjoy. -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Nice to have you out of the shadows, Sterling Archer :)) -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    My friends at AJB, I have not forgotten you. I thank you all for your kind words when I last wrote here. These past months have been personally very hard for me. Also I continue to study hard to improve my English language skills, I think I am improving with both my reading and writing.
    I thought I would say hello to everyone. As you already know, I will be back to join in the forum when I think I am able to properly understand what is being written.

Joshua.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Hello Joshua, my friend,

I can tell you that no-one understands what Asp9mm and Sir Miles are writing here - and no-one cares :D

There is no reason to stay away from here - there are people with much worse english skills - just have a look at me ;)

Best regards

M.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:

....Best regards

M.

HA!! I knew you are Magnum in reality and just posing as Higgins :)) :))

Just don't tell me now that you're the head of MI6 :D
    Dalton Rulez™
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to say Hi as a new member on these forums. I'm a long-term Bond fan and a writer of books on film and TV history, so hopefully I'll be some use here and I might be asking some research questions for future projects.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Welcome IanFryer -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Welcome IanFryer. Enjoy -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Higgins wrote:
    Hello Joshua, my friend,

I can tell you that no-one understands what Asp9mm and Sir Miles are writing here - and no-one cares :D

There is no reason to stay away from here - there are people with much worse english skills - just have a look at me ;)

Best regards

M.

Hello Higgins. Thank you. I will return to the AJB but please tell me (or other people tell me) if you think I have not read things properly in the future. I will read the posts twice slowly so that I can better understand them. You see it is not what is written but how to understand that what is looks serious but is actually jokes or not serious at all that I have difficulty in understanding.
    Hello Joshua,

understanding all these jokes and banter will be difficult.

You must know, that some of us really know each other for many years. So references to topics back in the Brosnan areas as an example will be very difficult to understand for others.

This has nothing to do with language comprehension. As a general advise, if you are in doubt, what you see is a joke.

AJB is a pretty friendly and funny forum in general - so it's not very often necessary to step in and defending others.
    If you have doubts, contact a mod or your friends here and ask.

Looking forward to seeing you returning here very soon.

Best wishes

X

Thank you. I will take your advice.
    Some sound advice from Higgins there, Joshua. I too hope that you return to us soon. As I said before, your English use is very good indeed. I hope you are getting on well. -{
    @Joshua. This place is very friendly.
    You should visit MI6 Community...I left there and I'm not sure I'm going back.
    They are not capable of discussing even the Bond 25 news anymore without immediately starting to attack each other.

AJB007 is a great place.
    Dalton Rulez™
    I don't hope that the rest of the Mi6 Timboys are following your path :D

Thank you all for your kind words and advice.
    Welcome back Joshua, I look forward to reading your posts. -{
    Higgins wrote:
    Hello Joshua,

understanding all these jokes and banter will be difficult.

You must know, that some of us really know each other for many years. So references to topics back in the Brosnan areas as an example will be very difficult to understand for others.

This has nothing to do with language comprehension. As a general advise, if you are in doubt, what you see is a joke.

AJB is a pretty friendly and funny forum in general - so it's not very often necessary to step in and defending others.
    If you have doubts, contact a mod or your friends here and ask.

Looking forward to seeing you returning here very soon.

Best wishes

X

X? Are you really signing off with a kiss :o