The Great Ebay Thread.

Comments

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Ruined by a sh1t box standard Honda interior & equally sh1t wheels! ....a steal @ £70K :s
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aston-Martin-DB5-replica/282948436957?hash=item41e10a83dd:g:LPQAAOSwyW5a6VAZ

fullsizeoutput_502.jpg
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Ruined by a sh1t box standard Honda interior & equally sh1t wheels! ....a steal @ £70K :s
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aston-Martin-DB5-replica/282948436957?hash=item41e10a83dd:g:LPQAAOSwyW5a6VAZ

fullsizeoutput_502.jpg

Nice find.
    Wonder if it will hold value over time.
    Do you know if it is easy to get a license plate for a replica?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:

fullsizeoutput_502.jpg

Probably the most hideous thing ive ever seen :#

There are some stunning recreations out there (owned a gt40 and Cobra rep too) but this is not one of them
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Many years ago, I remember reading an advert for a body kit. To turn your
    Ford Capri in to an Aston Martin. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    Commandant wrote:
    Do you know if it is easy to get a license plate for a replica?

Certainly can in the US but I think it would be inviting insult to get a Bond plate for this.

Those mirrors. Ack.
    I thought it was just the first pic but what is up with the roofline?!
    This can't have been cheap to do, so why not get it as close as possible?
    Same with the wheels; I mean decent wire is available, I had an okay set on my P1800ES which didn't cost a fortune.

Damn, I had a Capri in 1988, wish id known :))

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Are vehicles like that structurally sound in the case of an accident? Actually on that note are they road legal?
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    I once used a kit to turn an AM DB5 into a Honda...
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    JTM wrote:
    Are vehicles like that structurally sound in the case of an accident? Actually on that note are they road legal?

Yep fairly, but nowhere near as safety conscious as modern day production stuff...
    My Cobra was a beast of a thing but wouldnt fancy an argument with a Range Rover in it.

IMG_2909.jpg

Also have a look at what Andrew Soar builds, very tempted to commission one... More original than replica

http://www.asmotorsport.co.uk/m.index.html

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Yep fairly, but nowhere near as safety conscious as modern day production stuff...
    My Cobra was a beast of a thing but wouldnt fancy an argument with a Range Rover in it.

IMG_2909.jpg

Also have a look at what Andrew Soar builds, very tempted to commission one... More original than replica

I think it would be impossible to get plates for a replica like that in Switzerland.
    The interior is horrible, but the rest is not so bad IMO.

Nice Cobra!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    You can buy a real Aston for half that price so why on earth would you pay double for a rip-off? :s
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Selling my duplicate prop earpiece as seen in SKYFALL and Spectre. Not screen used but screen accurate.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222966846423
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:

IMG_2909.jpg

0_DFDABDD-99_C5-48_C8-_A654-_A633039_E28_A5.jpg

7893_B0_B4-56_AB-4515-_B9_C6-_F045_C2_EAA7_F8.jpg

D58_C75_B8-221_D-4_B10-8753-646_D23_DC5419.jpg

My last kit car was ok and got plates no problem but things have changed now and if the windscreen has been cut off on the s2000 that will need to go through an Iva and if not already done it’s worthless
    Ross
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent

It looked like this tho

6_C892663-9_BFB-4090-_B402-_D2_E681680_DE8.jpg
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    You know sometime patience pays off the bay may have just thrown up my QOS holy grail - more to follow when it arrives, just thought I would wet your whistle. Only 10 yrs in the waiting and timely given my renewed love for my P.O. 2500 and 108’s.

By a strange quirk of fate may have thrown up another pair of strides from the film as well - bonus!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    You know sometime patience pays off the bay may have just thrown up my QOS holy grail - more to follow when it arrives, just thought I would wet your whistle. Only 10 yrs in the waiting and timely given my renewed love for my P.O. 2500 and 108’s.

By a strange quirk of fate may have thrown up another pair of strides from the film as well - bonus!

Oh that’s cruel! Keen to see what it/they turn out to be - nice work on the finds though, it’s always incredible when you just happen to come across those very long sold out grails -{
    JTM wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

Oh that’s cruel! Keen to see what it/they turn out to be - nice work on the finds though, it’s always incredible when you just happen to come across those very long sold out grails -{
    Well just waiting for DZ to confirm I got a result on one item or something that looks close but is actually a dud! :D

I saw both last minute as I was just browsing late on Friday (weirdly I was browsing the Royale site and considering an upgrade for one item), took a punt then wondered if I had got it right after the event! (That’s always been my problem shoot first ask questions later!!)

Keep you posted.

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Mark, it seems you have a winner! The pics finally came through............
    Bond44 wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

Well just waiting for DZ to confirm I got a result on one item or something that looks close but is actually a dud! :D

I saw both last minute as I was just browsing late on Friday (weirdly I was browsing the Royale site and considering an upgrade for one item), took a punt then wondered if I had got it right after the event! (That’s always been my problem shoot first ask questions later!!)

Keep you posted.

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to hearing more!

I’ve had a similar experience recently and am hoping when the item arrives it’s all legit (and fits!!)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    edited May 2018
    The Mantis wrote:
    Mark, it seems you have a winner! The pics finally came through............
    Bond44 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Keep you posted.

Great thanks for confirming David - WOW what a result still cannot believe the odds on this one (might go buy a lottery ticket).

I guess I should clarify, QOS was my springboard into the modern Bond in big way. I loved CR but QOS had everything I loved the DBS, P.O., TF108’s and various looks that were similar to my own tastes especially the Haiti and Talamone looks. Like most I spent a small fortune on similar looking items to get the look. But I made a bucket list of items I wanted and set to collecting them over the years. The P.O. and 108’s were early purchases as they had multi use. Latterly the TF Cardi followed and thanks to Dan at Royale several jackets. I always regretted never getting the Y3 back in the day but I as nieve and funds limited at the time.

Recently I have been away (warmer climes) for a few months and was rocking the QOS type looks (Sunspel, 501’s in various colours and Chukkas etc) however my P.O. 8500’s are my go to watches when travelling (one black and one blue to suit all occasions). But this week taking some time out I went back to my beloved the PO2500 which triggered a domino effect and I doug out my 108’s (have taken to wearing my 207’s on my trips recently).

Cut to Friday night I was browsing the web and was eyeing up Dans site and considering an upgrade on my Haiti Y3 jacket. For some unknown reason I parked the idea and I switched to my eBay searches something I have not done in a while mainly just to clear them all. I have one right at the end for Y3 but I seldom look these days as nothing has ever come up. Very flippantly I was swiping through and to my surprise I saw something close to the Y3 and bought it immediately (as you do) - then wondered if I had done the right thing as I had no idea if it as the real deal and the price was worth the gamble (could always relist it). However David says it’s the real deal so that’s good enough for me! It’s only taken 10 years to achieve what is truly one of my personal holy grails and long time regrets and it’s in my size! (so patience and good fortune can be your friends).

C97_E9635-_EEAD-4986-_B874-_C12_BC35_AC122.png

Like I said could not have planned this and no idea why I did what I did on Friday but seems it was meant to be! (sorry Dan I got the upgrade I truly wanted).

Throw in that earlier on my eBay clean up I found a lighter pair of Sta Prest 566’s (might be silver birch with frog mouth pockets - will find out when they arrive) and it’s been a bumper QOS weekend and. Have no idea how it happened!

I will post some pictures when they arrive.

Have a good weekend all :D

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    Congrats on the find!

PS they run large! Im a XL / TF 54 and take a Y3 Large
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Congrats on the find!

Well I have gone for a Small and I think that was the same size as David’s and we have similar stats. If it don’t fit, someone on here might get a lucky break :D

edited May 2018
    Gymkata wrote:
    Holy cow! Nice job! May I ask how much the jacket cost?
    You can ask :D
    But let’s just say it was comparable to an upgrade from Dan but for the real deal so it was too good to miss!!

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Congrats on the find!

Well I have gone for a Small and I think that was the same size as David’s and we have similar stats. If it don’t fit, someone on here might get a lucky break :D

Congrats Bond44! -{

I'm envious. Not jealous since I would take a medium in the Y-3. :))

Let us know about the Sta-Prest 566. I'm not familiar with that model.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Great finds, enjoy them!
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    The Y3 jacket runs big, but you can have it altered.
    Congrats and please post some pics.
    edited May 2018
    Cheers Guys

I am hoping sizing will be fine as it matches the same size as my Royale.
    Not unsurprisingly my inbox has lit up since I mentioned I would put it up for grabs if it did not fit. But it needs to arrive first and be tried for size!

I am sure it will be fine so it’s a keeper if it fits that’s for sure :D