The Great Ebay Thread.

Comments

• GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Congratulations; I love it when this happens!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Cheers Guys

I hoping sizing will be fine as it matches the same size as my Royale.
    Not unsurprisingly my inbox has lit up since I mentioned I would put it up for grabs if it did not fit. But it needs to arrive first and be tried for size!

I am sure it will be fine so it’s a keeper if it fits that’s for sure :D

Cheers :007)

Easy enough to alter if need be anyhow! {[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    nice one Bond44 so chuffed to see a fellow englishman snare their holy grail , normally the americans 1st :))
    its my favourite outfits too , look forward to pics
    hope all fits - truly mean that :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Well Y-3 is in the house (Sta Prest arrived too but too short but heck they were only a tenner).
    Have to say for a jacket 10 yrs ol d it’s holding up really well! Gave it a steam and an iron and looks almost like new. Some wear on the cuff (and boy what a cuff they are a little wide) but over all pleased.

Here’s a quick shot and I will do something about that threat strap bugging me already!!

9_D22_C4_D0-_D0_ED-4_CF9-850_F-9_F4_CCDC07606.jpg

Here a shot of the ROYALE for comparison

B951_B938-8699-4603-_A74_B-889766_BB972_E.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    Can you give us a comparison between the two.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Size looks good!
    You should alter a bit the sleeves...
    Thank for sharing
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    Size looks good!
    You should alter a bit the sleeves...
    Thank for sharing

If only adidas would reissue this jacket!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    I know a manager who's working for Y-3. I asked him last year and he said that it will be interesting for them if they produce at least 150 jacket. Under it's useless to contact the main office.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Congrats - looks great!

Also shows how good Dan's work at Royale is; great alternatives (and rather more affordable!)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    edited May 2018
    timiblade wrote:
    I know a manager who's working for Y-3. I asked him last year and he said that it will be interesting for them if they produce at least 150 jacket. Under it's useless to contact the main office.

I think we could get at least 25 to 50 people interested in the Y3 jacket if it was made but a 150 people sounds excessive!
    edited May 2018
    Can you give us a comparison between the two.
    For a real comparison take a look at DZ review of the ROYALE version (I found it after the purchase of this one).

From a personal perspective the real Y-3 (Small) is a good fit for me (38-40 inch chest) but I would say the ROYALE is a little tighter (same size). But the body fit on both matches that of DC and is comparable. The material of the original feels more course or robust vs the ROYALE that is a little more softer and has stretch in it.

The big difference is the collar and sleeves the collar on original is more rigid and stands up well as per the shots of DC in it, the ROYALE (and mine is V1) is less so and spreads wide (this may be solved in later versions).

The sleeves on the original are as you can see seem longer but side by side measurement the are the same length. But the cuff even buttoned seems wider than a standard jacket but again compared they are the same? Sure you could shorten but not sure you could shrink the opening at the wrist (probably needs to loose an inch to be a tighter fit, but if you look at DC on the bike head on he seems to have the same issue). The ROYALE is a tighter fit and more narrow at the wrist as you can tell from the shots but comparing the cuffs side by side the original is about 3/4 of an inch longer and there is 1 inch difference in button location which account for why it sits lower on the wrist (may move it to see if it solves the issue of looking too long).

The neck strap has a button on the ROYALE to secure it away vs the original that does not. There are two buttons for securing but I will move one of these to have it secure the strap same as the ROYALE.

Finally the Y-3 stitching on the shoulder is pretty unobtrusive much less so than I expected anyway.

All in all it was a deal too good to miss to grab one of my holy grails and I am glad I got one and given its 10 years in the waiting it’s not in bad condition (even though it’s obviously been washed at least once). So good result all round.

MikeG77 wrote:
    timiblade wrote:

I think we could get at least 25 to 50 people interested in the Y3 jacket if it was made but a 150 people sounds excessive!
    Don’t worry when I win the lottery I would be more than happy to bank roll these minimum orders :D

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    No way that we could get 150 people to order that jacket, dangit.

I don’t know, we’ve managed to get around 50 people for a simple cotton polo that costs more than double the Y-3’s retail price so we might be able to get quite a few more for this, especially with how desirable and rare it is. I think the main issue with a reproduction though would be the fact that as it’s a collaborative piece, wouldn’t we have to get the ok from both parties, Adidas and Yamamoto?
  • No manager working at Y-3 could make an executive decision like that. Yohji Yamamoto is heavily involved in the designs and production of the Y-3 line, that being said, Y-3 did do 2 runs of the screen accurate QoS jacket, in fact on the second run, the tag actually says Y-3 QoS jacket. The first run was just called a Harrington. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath considering how it's a much, much previous season item, but I've been wrong before.
    No manager working at Y-3 could make an executive decision like that. Yohji Yamamoto is heavily involved in the designs and production of the Y-3 line, that being said, Y-3 did do 2 runs of the screen accurate QoS jacket, in fact on the second run, the tag actually says Y-3 QoS jacket. The first run was just called a Harrington. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath considering how it's a much, much previous season item, but I've been wrong before.

Seeing as there have been very few jackets that have turned up I would assume that the 2 runs must have been very small especially with a designer like Yohji Yamamoto. I'm a pessimist by nature but after seeing all the work Simon put in on the Harrington project and David with the Polo I think we could convince them to do a 3rd run but it will take time!
    Quite a lot have surfaced over the years (ive had 3)

Good luck persuading a giant like Adidas, cant see it happening or even talking to someone high up
    I didn't said it will be 100% Sure and I didn't say the manager decide it. He said that the only way to contact and convince the Y-3 main office (located in Japan) is to have a huge order ( which make sense).
    The guy was in charge of Y-3 France, it helped me to obtain this jacket and he sent it to my home. Back in the days it was impossible to order a product from a Y-3 shop. And he did it anyway.
  • Waste of time. J crew told me the same thing about the kenton's. Told me they would reissue them if there was enough interest. Had 50+ orders lined up then they gave me the cop out answer "sorry, no reissue is expected at this time." The only items Y-3 brings back are their permanent item collection pieces, even their most popular items like the qasa high shoe have slight variations when they come back, whether it's color scheme or material used. Also to get 150 orders would be quite difficult. We didn't get near to that number for the J Crew kenton's interest thread at $250, or even the 7 for all mankind Mercer interest thread at $179, the Y-3 was around $450. Simon and David have real connections not just empty promises and sweet nothings from people in "management" I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    I’m not so sure it’s a waste of time that it’s not even worth trying..I would buy 2 if there was a reissue

After forking out for the TF Harrington, $450 isn’t so bad! :))

Also even after all this time the Y3 is still so sought after, surely there would be interest...or at least worth a try?

We’d be no worse off even if it didn’t go ahead...right?

I’d be interested to know how many Royale produced and sold...I’m sure a few owners of the copy (like me) would interested in an original
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    timiblade wrote:

I think you could get 150 remember the jacket is a lot cheaper than the TF Harrington and if it was done when the next movie was released they could easily sell 150
    edited May 2018
    MikeG77 wrote:
    timiblade wrote:

I think you could get 150 remember the jacket is a lot cheaper than the TF Harrington and if it was done when the next movie was released they could easily sell 150

If the jacket was re-released when Bond 25 comes out then 150 jackests should be doable but my 25-50 was more of a conservative estimate. I actually sent Y-3 an email a few minutes ago asking if they would do a run or 2 and if so how many jackets would need to be ordered for the project to be feasible. More than likely they will say no but we may get lucky and they agree to reproduce the jacket for us.
    I've called him on the phone and he contacted the Y-3 Manager in Germany Adidas Headquarters, and the Japan office.
    Now we have to pray !
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    If they want to sell me them at cost I’ll buy the 150 of them and sell them
  • Good luck timiblade! -{
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,710MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Ruined by a sh1t box standard Honda interior & equally sh1t wheels! ....a steal @ £70K :s
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aston-Martin-DB5-replica/282948436957?hash=item41e10a83dd:g:LPQAAOSwyW5a6VAZ

fullsizeoutput_502.jpg

Probably the most hideous thing ive ever seen :#

There are some stunning recreations out there (owned a gt40 and Cobra rep too) but this is not one of them

I'd say there's not much wrong with that at all: it's closer than most bodyshell replacement replicas. The wheelbase is a bit short and the roofline is too low (although that doesn't actually look too bad!) but otherwise (apart from the wheels) it's pretty bob-on.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Are vehicles like that structurally sound in the case of an accident? Actually on that note are they road legal?

Yep fairly, but nowhere near as safety conscious as modern day production stuff...
    My Cobra was a beast of a thing but wouldnt fancy an argument with a Range Rover in it.

Why not? It's mostly scaffolding! :)
    It's nice but to me low profile halibrands on a Cobra are probably worse than a low roofline on a DB5! :)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Ruined by a sh1t box standard Honda interior & equally sh1t wheels! ....a steal @ £70K :s
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aston-Martin-DB5-replica/282948436957?hash=item41e10a83dd:g:LPQAAOSwyW5a6VAZ

fullsizeoutput_502.jpg

Probably the most hideous thing ive ever seen :#

There are some stunning recreations out there (owned a gt40 and Cobra rep too) but this is not one of them

I'd say there's not much wrong with that at all: it's closer than most bodyshell replacement replicas. The wheelbase is a bit short and the roofline is too low (although that doesn't actually look too bad!) but otherwise (apart from the wheels) it's pretty bob-on.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Are vehicles like that structurally sound in the case of an accident? Actually on that note are they road legal?

Yep fairly, but nowhere near as safety conscious as modern day production stuff...
    My Cobra was a beast of a thing but wouldnt fancy an argument with a Range Rover in it.

Why not? It's mostly scaffolding! :)
    It's nice but to me low profile halibrands on a Cobra are probably worse than a low roofline on a DB5! :)

All opinion my friend
    The DB5 is way off on many elements
    Its aimed as a replica, and as such should replicate...

The Cobras are recreations, as in reincarnated with lots of modern changes (tyres as an eg), Dax / Pilgrim / Sovereign / AK all do these. There are some "replica" cobra companies out there too, now those are very close to original car spec, Inc wheels n tyres
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,710MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    All opinion my friend
    The DB5 is way off on many elements
    Its aimed as a replica, and as such should replicate...

The Cobras are recreations, as in reincarnated with lots of modern changes (tyres as an eg), Dax / Pilgrim / Sovereign / AK all do these. There are some "replica" cobra companies out there too, now those are very close to original car spec, Inc wheels n tyres

You called it a 'rep' yourself! :D I know what a Cobra replica is after living with an SRV8 for over twenty years. It's not a replica with electric blue paintwork and low profile wheels; sorry but that isn't a 'rep'. Seems a shame to be in the kitcar world and to look down on what's clearly an impressive piece of work. It's a step above those MX5s dressed up to look like 250 GTOs or the like.

Just buying a GRP Cobra or GT40 body from AK or the like isn't the same as getting a bespoke Aston body made (and that's -what I presume- a nice bit of GRP work: not a ripple on it). I'd have thought someone who'd had a couple of those could be a bit more gracious towards others who do it well. Especially not be hypocritical about not being a perfect replica when you couldn't manage it yourself and run hideous low profile wheels on a Cobra.
    I just received a message from Louise Von Luschan, Y-3 Communication Manager :

Many thanks for reaching out to us. The project sounds very interesting. I remember when we got the request to supply for the James Bond film, we were all very thrilled.

Please let me introduce you to Gregor Abenstein who is Category Director for Y-3.

Wishing you all the best.

Kindest regards,

Louise
    timiblade wrote:
    I just received a message from Louise Von Luschan, Y-3 Communication Manager :

Many thanks for reaching out to us. The project sounds very interesting. I remember when we got the request to supply for the James Bond film, we were all very thrilled.

Please let me introduce you to Gregor Abenstein who is Category Director for Y-3.

Wishing you all the best.

Kindest regards,

Louise

Promising and cool they remember supplying production.

I guess if they supplied directly the jackets for production the Y3 shoulder logo was not stitched on