The Great Ebay Thread.

Comments

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Hoping to rely on the kindness of the community here, but I had bought the above shirt from this seller at an agreed upon price and promptly sent payment . THEN someone else must have contacted him and told him it was worth more so he reneged and posted it back up, with more detail to get a "wind fall". I am sure you can all appreciate how this made me feel and I am imploring you all to consider NOT patronizing this seller and rewarding him for such behavior.

Hey Simon, understand your frustration, eBay has it's share of scumbags.... But sadly someone will almost certainly bid on it.

Did you report him to eBay? I didn't think you could simply back out of a finalised transaction?
    What did you pay for the shirt?

Either way unless you get him kicked off eBay I'm afraid you won't get much satisfaction.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Perils of over enthusiatic but youthfully naive Ajbers.

Before you highlight the value of a crappy, cheap Zara shirt or some once-worn Adiddas Gazelles that someone was just ousting to make space in a wardrobe clearance, just think of the deal for your fellow ajber you might be scuppering.

Besides, sort of the opposite of "Buyer Beware". Which is nice, for a change.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    sruzgar wrote:
    Hoping to rely on the kindness of the community here, but I had bought the above shirt from this seller at an agreed upon price and promptly sent payment . THEN someone else must have contacted him and told him it was worth more so he reneged and posted it back up, with more detail to get a "wind fall". I am sure you can all appreciate how this made me feel and I am imploring you all to consider NOT patronizing this seller and rewarding him for such behavior.

Hey Simon, understand your frustration, eBay has it's share of scumbags.... But sadly someone will almost certainly bid on it.

Did you report him to eBay? I didn't think you could simply back out of a finalised transaction?
    What did you pay for the shirt?

Either way unless you get him kicked off eBay I'm afraid you won't get much satisfaction.

If the sale was carried out by Simon and the seller 'outside of ebay' then there's not a lot he can do, highlighting ebay to the seller backing out of the deal would only point out the ebay that he and the seller took the sale off ebay and thus land both parties in trouble.

However, if the 'Buy It Now' option was used, or the auction ended with Simon being the highest bidder, he has obviously won the item and the sale IS legally binding..... BUT there is a 'get out of jail free card'.

The seller can claim that the item has been damaged, stolen or something else imaginative has happen to the goods to render them beyond redemption, and thus the seller has been 'forced' to regade on the sale. This is known as 'crashing' the auction. This method of ending a sale can be beneficial as you and the seller (if you're willing to gamble) can complete the sale outside of ebay and thus escape any fees. More likely though is that sellers 'crash' their auction as they've advertised and sold elsewhere like gumtree.

If Simon's case is the latter, and he's won the item legitimately, then I'd suggest reporting the seller, as ebay will easily be able to see whats gone on. The seller will likely get a slap on the arse.

Will Simon get anything out of it? No, but by reporting the seller, and if the seller repeats this sales tactic, then ebay will eventually ban the guy, saving others from falling foul of the crappy tactics.

Hope this helps, sorry to hear about your crap experience Si,

MG -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    i had a similar problem with a seller,, an H&M pea coat was up for auction, i bid £40 and was outbid by £3 minutes before the auction ended,,
    so be it,, i was outbid, i then recieved an ebay notice saying the item had been relisted, i contacted the seller who informed me the winner didnt pay, i reploed saying if thats the case, the next highest bid should be the winner,,, me,, !! i didnt get a reply so i repoeted the situation to ebay, who sent me a load of rubbish email in return, talking about highest bids and so on, they didnt seem to care, or want to investigate,,
    i had the last laugh though,, although my 1st bid was 40 qiud,, on the relisted sale i got the coat for 26 pounds, lol..

PS,, its up for sale if anyone wants it,, ive bought a BR since,, 42 chest,,
    At least you got a reply don, I've reported several items to ebay for misleading descriptions etc and never had anything back from them, or seen any action taken.

I think unless its a case of black and white rule breaking, they'll act, otherwise they'll do bugger all.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
    minigeff wrote:

If the sale was carried out by Simon and the seller 'outside of ebay' then there's not a lot he can do, highlighting ebay to the seller backing out of the deal would only point out the ebay that he and the seller took the sale off ebay and thus land both parties in trouble.

However, if the 'Buy It Now' option was used, or the auction ended with Simon being the highest bidder, he has obviously won the item and the sale IS legally binding..... BUT there is a 'get out of jail free card'.

The seller can claim that the item has been damaged, stolen or something else imaginative has happen to the goods to render them beyond redemption, and thus the seller has been 'forced' to regade on the sale. This is known as 'crashing' the auction. This method of ending a sale can be beneficial as you and the seller (if you're willing to gamble) can complete the sale outside of ebay and thus escape any fees. More likely though is that sellers 'crash' their auction as they've advertised and sold elsewhere like gumtree.

If Simon's case is the latter, and he's won the item legitimately, then I'd suggest reporting the seller, as ebay will easily be able to see whats gone on. The seller will likely get a slap on the arse.

Will Simon get anything out of it? No, but by reporting the seller, and if the seller repeats this sales tactic, then ebay will eventually ban the guy, saving others from falling foul of the crappy tactics.

Hope this helps, sorry to hear about your crap experience Si,

MG -{

Short young man shoots first and asks questions later :))

Checking the sellers feedback:
    http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=neildockerty&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=150976032932&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

we can see that Simon has already left feedback. So, we are talking about a finished ebay transaction and not an "outside" deal :v

I also feel sorry for Simon, but am uncertain if not bidding on the auction will be the right thing to do. *
    Many Bond fans don't follow AJB or this particular thread, so, like kewee said, there may be someone else bidding on it.

Just imagine: "Someone" bidding 500 bucks on the item, paying for it, receiving the item and sending it back on buyers cost after having placed a PayPal dispute "because a button is missing" or a "hole has been discovered but was not described".

Will not bring Simon the shirt back but will create some hassle for the dishonest seller, shipping cost and probably another neg. feedback :D

Disclaimer: I would find the outlined actions illegal and immoral, kids, don't do this at home!

*as for ebay: They could not care less. The buyer has been refunded his money, feedback has been left and that's the end for them. I had similar experiences in the past and was biting in the table and on other wood, ebay was of no help!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • scotty8692scotty8692 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    At the risk of you guys crucifying me, I'll admit something, hope you admire my balls for doing so, as I'm expecting a full blown shitstorm coming my way though I don't see me as the party to blame-maybe, I am at fault somewhat, but if you have any ire about this, I think it's best taken out on the seller.

I saw the shirt yesterday, now, it was an auction as far as I remember, and had a while to run, so I didn't bid on it. Then a couple of hours later, I see it had been sold and the auction ended early (to our very own sruzgar, as I later found out). I was disappointed that I didn't get my chance to bid on the item, so I simply emailed the seller and said, if he had any problems with the buyer, I'd like to register my interest in getting the item. I've done this once before where the auction ended early, it was with a Barbour jacket, and the seller did have a genuine problem with the buyer, and offered me first refusal on the jacket. Now, I had secured a preorder by this time, so I wasn't interested. The ebay seller that sruzgar has the grievance with, I didn't say I'd pay more than 50 pounds or mention the Bond connection. Just simply stated that I was disappointed to have missed out on the item, and any problems, I would be interested in it, if it came on the market again, which I didn't expect it would as someone had offered to buy it then and there, and obviously gave him a good price. He e-mailed back saying how much would I be willing to pay for it (he already had relisted it at 100 pounds before I saw his e-mail to me) I said I'd still have been willing to pay the 100 for it, but obviously getting it at 50 would have been the sweeter deal. However, I had saw the negative feedback that was left, and told him, if I were him, I would sell the item to the original buyer at the price he agreed, as it was the honest thing to do and I would feel bad keeping the item away from someone who thought they had actually bought it.

In my defence, I didn't mean to mess up your sale sruzgar, although I see I did it unknowingly (I wouldn't have e-mailed him at all if I knew the problems it would cause), I did not mention that I would be willing to pay more than you did, I didn't even say 'Bond' in any of my contact with him, and finally...I will not be bidding on the item myself now that I know the full facts. Though as someone else suggests, someone else no doubt will, and most likely it will be someone from here who is after the shirt now it will be pretty rare.

Apologies Si, and hope that I'm not chased out of this site, as I have found this section of the forum most useful for seeking out Bond stuff to buy.
    normally. if negative feedback is left, ebay contact the person who left it... did this happen,,
    scotty. im sure your email was genuine, and didnt expect to cause agro,
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    I've had a lot of requests so here it is:

Yes, I'm trying to raise some money to help some children in Bolivia, so I was wanting to sell some of my Bond Collection.

I don't currently have a list ready, but I have to work on that. This is a lot of photos of my collection. If you see something that you would like, feel free to make me an offer.

http://keesboer.com/BondCollection/

These are the children I'm trying to help:

http://www.keesboer.com/newphotosBO571

On these photogallery, be sure to click on each little photo to get a bigger version of the photo.

Best Regards,

Kees
    (310) 933-4284

That is one Bad ass collection. -{

Thanks! I got Kees started on Bond collecting. At last count, he had 42 different DB5 models alone! He has hundreds more autograph and other items plus standees tucked away but wants to start with these...
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    don p wrote:
    scotty. im sure your email was genuine, and didnt expect to cause agro,

Thanks don p, as I say, albeit unwittingly, I kinda have messed sruzgar's purchase up, so felt bad and was a bit nervy about posting my experience here! If I knew it would cause such waves I would not have even made the first contact with the now much maligned fella that sruzgar is having problems with. It's also kept a fellow Bond fan (and therefore a friend of mine!) from getting a piece of merchandise for a good price, that I'm sure he would have cherished. :(
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Sounds unfortunate and ive done the same in similar situations e.g. Enquired when an item is pulled.

The seller is the only one at fault here
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Thanks for everyone’s comments and support! This deal was completed through eBay, the seller agreed upon a price and modified the auction to add a “buy it now” which I then used to complete the transaction, I’m assuming he would have a hard time justifying this to eBay by saying its being lost or damaged when he clearly relisted it for sale and I have a message from him stating that he just found out what it was and would benefit from relisting and selling at a higher price.

I have reached out to the seller again imploring him to do the right thing and hopefully come to some sort of resolution before I go down the route of contacting eBay and filing an official complaint so fingers crossed.
    In that case seller has no leg to stand on

Good luck and hopefully he sees sense!
    sruzgar wrote:
    Thanks for everyone’s comments and support! This deal was completed through eBay, the seller agreed upon a price and modified the auction to add a “buy it now” which I then used to complete the transaction, I’m assuming he would have a hard time justifying this to eBay by saying its being lost or damaged when he clearly relisted it for sale and I have a message from him stating that he just found out what it was and would benefit from relisting and selling at a higher price.

I have reached out to the seller again imploring him to do the right thing and hopefully come to some sort of resolution before I go down the route of contacting eBay and filing an official complaint so fingers crossed.

you should go to the resolution centre now mate

meanwhile WE ALL should contact the seller and queery his negative feed back lol.. lets just annoy the sh*t outa the seller...
    Hello neildockerty,
    hi, before I or any other Bond fans bid on this item, could you please explain your negative feedback recently recieved ?
    879 characters left-don*10
    Send a copy to my email address.
    For added security, please enter the verification code shown in the image.
    This extra security check helps eBay to prevent automated registrations and inappropriate use of the site. If you cannot see the code, click the link to listen to the numbers, and then enter the code.
    More helpon verification codes (Opens in a new window or tab) Enter the numbers in the image

Change the image | Listen to the numbers
    If you can't hear the verification code, please adjust the volume
    on your speakers and check that your audio is not set to "mute".

Note: The seller may include your question in their item description. Your user ID won't appear. We'll send your message to neildockerty's
    sruzgar wrote:

As I said sruzgar, I did implore him to do the right thing myself and sell it to you, like he originally planned. However, the shirt still remains for auction. At the same time I'm not surprised, I have seen auctions in the past where the seller has ended early as there has been someone willing to pay-I think if people are prepared to end the auction early, it's maybe not that surprising when they also pull out of a agreed transaction too if they realize they can get more. It most likely shows that he doesn't care about providing a good service, just how much money he can make. Which is fair enough, he's not selling items from the goodness of his heart, he is doing it for money first of foremost. Not that that in any way excuses what he did to you.
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    scotty8692 wrote:
    At the risk of you guys crucifying me, I'll admit something, hope you admire my balls for doing so, as I'm expecting a full blown shitstorm coming my way though I don't see me as the party to blame-maybe, I am at fault somewhat, but if you have any ire about this, I think it's best taken out on the seller.

I saw the shirt yesterday, now, it was an auction as far as I remember, and had a while to run, so I didn't bid on it. Then a couple of hours later, I see it had been sold and the auction ended early (to our very own sruzgar, as I later found out). I was disappointed that I didn't get my chance to bid on the item, so I simply emailed the seller and said, if he had any problems with the buyer, I'd like to register my interest in getting the item. I've done this once before where the auction ended early, it was with a Barbour jacket, and the seller did have a genuine problem with the buyer, and offered me first refusal on the jacket. Now, I had secured a preorder by this time, so I wasn't interested. The ebay seller that sruzgar has the grievance with, I didn't say I'd pay more than 50 pounds or mention the Bond connection. Just simply stated that I was disappointed to have missed out on the item, and any problems, I would be interested in it, if it came on the market again, which I didn't expect it would as someone had offered to buy it then and there, and obviously gave him a good price. He e-mailed back saying how much would I be willing to pay for it (he already had relisted it at 100 pounds before I saw his e-mail to me) I said I'd still have been willing to pay the 100 for it, but obviously getting it at 50 would have been the sweeter deal. However, I had saw the negative feedback that was left, and told him, if I were him, I would sell the item to the original buyer at the price he agreed, as it was the honest thing to do and I would feel bad keeping the item away from someone who thought they had actually bought it.

In my defence, I didn't mean to mess up your sale sruzgar, although I see I did it unknowingly (I wouldn't have e-mailed him at all if I knew the problems it would cause), I did not mention that I would be willing to pay more than you did, I didn't even say 'Bond' in any of my contact with him, and finally...I will not be bidding on the item myself now that I know the full facts. Though as someone else suggests, someone else no doubt will, and most likely it will be someone from here who is after the shirt now it will be pretty rare.

Apologies Si, and hope that I'm not chased out of this site, as I have found this section of the forum most useful for seeking out Bond stuff to buy.

LOL!
    Kudos to Scott for being open and honest.

As others have said, the seller is to blame here, no one else.

Does anyone know what happened to the Zara shirt interest thread? I thought if we got 150 buyers that Zara would do a rerun or something?

MG
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to the Zara shirt interest thread? I thought if we got 150 buyers that Zara would do a rerun or something?

MG

Thanks MG-was maybe expecting more negative comments than what I've got.

As for that thread, well, I think Jared Nomak was supposed to be talking to those in higher authority about the shirt, but it seemed he was fobbed off again and just told to speak to the regular customer services, who basically told other members who had contacted them to go away basically. The Mantis was seeing who would be interesting in getting a shirt produced, I could be wrong, but I think that was without the help of Zara themselves.
    Well he added a BIN price of £200 and its sold!

Hope you nail him Simon and eBay do something
    scotty8692 wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

MG

Thanks MG-was maybe expecting more negative comments than what I've got.

As for that thread, well, I think Jared Nomak was supposed to be talking to those in higher authority about the shirt, but it seemed he was fobbed off again and just told to speak to the regular customer services, who basically told other members who had contacted them to go away basically. The Mantis was seeing who would be interesting in getting a shirt produced, I could be wrong, but I think that was without the help of Zara themselves.

Ah well, easy come, easy go.

Now the cat is well and truly out the bag I doubt I'll be able to get one at a sensible price. I'm not massively into the clothes though, so it's not a big deal for me.

A private run like the Madagascar shirt would be cool for those who've missed out on the real deal.

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Yeah, I dare say the real thing or a replica will be fairly expensive now. I'd like the actual shirt myself, for a reasonable price, but would take a decent replica, like the Magnoli Madagascar shirt.
    I normally prefer the real thing then replicas but at the end of the day this is a relatively cheap shirt therefore not going to be manufactured to high standards or using high quality materials etc.

This is one shirt a Replica wouldn't bother me and would prob end up better quality wise if they het the details right. Still shocked Magnoli does not offer it yet however im sure its in the pipeline. Hopefully Mantis and his idea might come to light
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    ^^^

Agree with Welchboy. A zara replica doesnt bother me. Stuff like suits, ties etc, I will definitely get the real ones
    edited January 2013
    Well im sure they chose it to purposely make him "scruffy" also. Hence the Levis "weathered" jacket (although its stylish and ££ im sure they chose the jacket to make him look like a bum lol)
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    never seen such a stylish unemployed bum... :))
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yep, working on doing a replica that is even more accurate than the ones you see on ebay....