The Great Ebay Thread.

Comments

• don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

yes! i knew that ! did i say it was the right one ?? erm.......no.. i put it on as its similar !!!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Yep, working on doing a replica that is even more accurate than the ones you see on ebay....

Whats diff about it apart from rolled sleeves??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The screen accurate has no grey details. No grey in collar and no grey placket.
    Bondtoys wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

If the sale was carried out by Simon and the seller 'outside of ebay' then there's not a lot he can do, highlighting ebay to the seller backing out of the deal would only point out the ebay that he and the seller took the sale off ebay and thus land both parties in trouble.

However, if the 'Buy It Now' option was used, or the auction ended with Simon being the highest bidder, he has obviously won the item and the sale IS legally binding..... BUT there is a 'get out of jail free card'.

The seller can claim that the item has been damaged, stolen or something else imaginative has happen to the goods to render them beyond redemption, and thus the seller has been 'forced' to regade on the sale. This is known as 'crashing' the auction. This method of ending a sale can be beneficial as you and the seller (if you're willing to gamble) can complete the sale outside of ebay and thus escape any fees. More likely though is that sellers 'crash' their auction as they've advertised and sold elsewhere like gumtree.

If Simon's case is the latter, and he's won the item legitimately, then I'd suggest reporting the seller, as ebay will easily be able to see whats gone on. The seller will likely get a slap on the arse.

Will Simon get anything out of it? No, but by reporting the seller, and if the seller repeats this sales tactic, then ebay will eventually ban the guy, saving others from falling foul of the crappy tactics.

Hope this helps, sorry to hear about your crap experience Si,

MG -{

Short young man shoots first and asks questions later :))

Checking the sellers feedback:
    http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=neildockerty&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=150976032932&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

we can see that Simon has already left feedback. So, we are talking about a finished ebay transaction and not an "outside" deal :v

I also feel sorry for Simon, but am uncertain if not bidding on the auction will be the right thing to do. *
    Many Bond fans don't follow AJB or this particular thread, so, like kewee said, there may be someone else bidding on it.

Just imagine: "Someone" bidding 500 bucks on the item, paying for it, receiving the item and sending it back on buyers cost after having placed a PayPal dispute "because a button is missing" or a "hole has been discovered but was not described".

Will not bring Simon the shirt back but will create some hassle for the dishonest seller, shipping cost and probably another neg. feedback :D

Disclaimer: I would find the outlined actions illegal and immoral, kids, don't do this at home!

*as for ebay: They could not care less. The buyer has been refunded his money, feedback has been left and that's the end for them. I had similar experiences in the past and was biting in the table and on other wood, ebay was of no help!

Here is a lesson - never leave feedback before receiving the item! You don't have a leg to stand on in a dispute!!
    The Mantis wrote:
    The screen accurate has no grey details. No grey in collar and no grey placket.

Never noticed that :)

Oh well another plus point for a replica!
  • scotty8692scotty8692 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    I see the shirt has been sold for 200 pounds-and I see the negative feeback that Si left has magically turned into positive? What happened I wonder? Did he sell you it after all?
    The Mantis wrote:
    Yep, working on doing a replica that is even more accurate than the ones you see on ebay....

Good job TM-sorry to sound so impatient, but when will you have more details? This is what I love about here, even if someone here can't get the real deal, others will try to ensure you get as close to it as possible!
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Tom Ford QoS sunglasses

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOM-FORD-OCCHIALI-UOMO-/321052851927?pt=Occhiali_da_Sole_uomo&hash=item4ac03dbed7

Bargain if in good condition (in Italian so not sure on condition)
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Tom Ford QoS sunglasses

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOM-FORD-OCCHIALI-UOMO-/321052851927?pt=Occhiali_da_Sole_uomo&hash=item4ac03dbed7

hmmm, could be 207,s
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    scotty8692 wrote:
    I see the shirt has been sold for 200 pounds-and I see the negative feeback that Si left has magically turned into positive? What happened I wonder? Did he sell you it after all?

The seller and I came to an “agreement” that involved me paying 4 x the amount that I had originally paid him for the shirt. I appreciate you fessing up but you really threw a spanner in the works for me on this one :#

Thanks again for everyone’s support in this matter, great community!
    edited January 2013
    Like I say, it was an innocent mistake-like I say, any malice for me (not saying you have) should be entirely directed at the seller-I just stated I was interested and didn't ask him to take it away from you and offer it to me, or others. As I mentioned, I did even tell him to sell it to you at the 50 pounds, but he didn't, so that tells you more about him than me.

Just my opinion, but don't think you should have bought it from him in the end, not least pay 4 times the amount you originally agreed. Giving him good feedback before you even receive the item (which I know many on here would not do) and calling him a great ebayer in it would be quite funny if you hadn't have, I feel, let him take advantage of you. Though it's your money, and if you're willing to spend 200 after all and get the shirt, well, surely it worked out okay for you in the end up, even though you had to pay more, but obviously you were willing to pay it. Though it would annoy me if something was cheaper and then I had to pay more for it.

I don't wish us to keep going on about it, but again I'm sorry I messed the sale up for you Si, but as I say, don't think you should have dealt with him after what he did, and if anything you should still be annoyed at him.

I have Bond problems of my own, having to sort out my problems with my Golden Edition of the James Bond Archives and problems in my own life, and think I've done enough feeling bad for now. Hope you won't hold it against me forever and hope to make this my last missive on the issue.
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    Is it the actual Bolivia tie in the auction? Can anybody confirm?
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    No hard feelings at all, dont worry about it! I mofidfied my original negative feedback but stilll have to leave him feedback for the second sale once I receive the shirt ;)
    Cheers buddy. I was truly sorry that I scuppered your sale, but glad to hear you bear me no ill will and I won't have to sneak around AJB avoiding you! :p Hope the shirt arrives in good condition, you get a lot of pleasure out of it, and I am glad it went to a Bond fan who will really take pride in wearing it. Have you got the Levi's jacket, or a leather jacket to go with it Si?
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent

nobody can confirm it, there are more than 6 patterns available. Looking at swatches it looks like it could be TF65B TF66B, etc
    Yeah, that's what the guy even said in the listing, he couldn't confirm it was for sure as there were variations.
    don p wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Tom Ford QoS sunglasses

hmmm, could be 207,s

Dont they have the extra bar piece?
    96mn12 wrote:

nobody can confirm it, there are more than 6 patterns available. Looking at swatches it looks like it could be TF65B TF66B, etc

I think majority of us at the time believe it was TF65B (the darker one) however that is just forum opinion however personally I agree with it from studying the blu ray
  • jbf9jbf9 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    OHMSS Promo sleeve on ebay uk,clearing out a load of my film memorabilia,have quite a bit of bond to list
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251210138689
  • bopbop Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    not on ebay, but on a Belgian classifieds website: 2 Bond action figures

http://www.2dehands.be/verzamelen/speelgoed/overig/2-james-bond-007-action-140402448.html

still cheap...
  • danger3000danger3000 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Hi, for anyone after a medium sized Barbour Beacon Heritage Sports Jacket as worn in Skyfall I have acquired two.

Please contact me by email at danger3000@hotmail.co.uk
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    .. Another one- hit- wonder who registered today only to screw us 8-) with ott prices

What are people thinking of us?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    danger3000 wrote:

Make an offer says the ebay ad.....

Give ya a fiver?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    I see these coats go for huge amounts of money. By the time all the buttons have been done up you would be wet through :))
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    danger3000 wrote:

Give ya a fiver?

Is that for both of them or just one lol
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    danger3000 wrote:

Give ya a fiver?

I can give him a fiver and a notebook from Tesco.

Guess I'm winning.

EDIT: a Polish fiver of course, so that's about 1 pound...
  • draxhugodraxhugo Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
    Deleted
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Maybe one day daddy took a carving knife.....?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org