The Great Ebay Thread.

Comments

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    OMG Some French guy actually bought this for $150, I think I paid $10 for mine in mint condition, I could understand it if it was an Ed modified one but not for a raw timing gun ?:)

Thanks, Andy. Often sell my modified ones for $42,000.000......IN MY DREAMS!!!!!
  • BondFanSince77BondFanSince77 FinlandPosts: 61MI6 Agent
    That is an awesome item. Very cool and jealous of the future owner!

Don't be.. that signature looks fake to me. ;)
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent

Sir Rogs signature on FE MR Laser rifle looks authentic to me, but opinions vary - now do they my fellow "countryman" -{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    im no expert but it looks real to me -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Teppo wrote:

Sir Rogs signature on FE MR Laser rifle looks authentic to me, but opinions vary - now do they my fellow "countryman" -{

:o look who's sneaking thru the door :x
    Welcome back, Teppo, we have been missing you!

Infact we missed you far more than ASP9mm
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Teppo wrote:

:o look who's sneaking thru the door :x
    Welcome back, Teppo, we have been missing you!

Infact we missed you far more than ASP9mm

I've missed you too Markus and rest of you (you know who you are), more than you could imagine :x

Formerly known as Teppo
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    Looks pretty authentic to me--I think the marker used and the medium could have thrown it off a bit. I find that forgers on these kinds of things make almost no effort to make a sig look real.

By the way, I figured out the story on the other laser--the seller must have seen eBay's pop-up to make the BIN at least 30% above the opening bid, and mistook that for 3000%!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Yo Teppo's back, where you been bro'?
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ohm5s/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

Moore Bond this week with lots of Moonraker goodies + guest appearances by other stuff
    Teppo wrote:

Aivan.. ;)
    Do you have Roger Moore's autographs??
    Teppo wrote:

Aivan.. ;)
    Do you have Roger Moore's autographs??

Hi,
    Yes i do have some of Sir Rogs pics and items signed in-person, also some just bought through reliable sellers years ago, nothing to boast of, but cool to have them -{

Formerly known as Teppo
    Looks pretty authentic to me--I think the marker used and the medium could have thrown it off a bit. I find that forgers on these kinds of things make almost no effort to make a sig look real.

By the way, I figured out the story on the other laser--the seller must have seen eBay's pop-up to make the BIN at least 30% above the opening bid, and mistook that for 3000%!

The reason(s) why I doubt the authenticity of the signature is marked with red arrows.

marks.jpg
    - An additional bend (loop) in the letter R
    - the letter M is somehow 'wavy'
    and the third point.. hmm.. hard to say..
    But these are only my opinions.
    and I'm sorry that we do discuss about this here..because this would belong to Autograph Reference Section. :)
    You can compare this autograph to an authentic autograph of Roger Moore in the Autograph Reference Section.
  • devilofwitdevilofwit Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    The item has been relisted as an auction item at the very low £99. This seller is very reputable having been recently recommended by Garry King from Autographica - a leading authentication expert. I've bought from him before and having spoken to him about this item, I have no doubts to it's authenticity.

I've met Moore several times and had things signed. His signature (unless he's sat doing a controlled session) is getting a little more messy and as this item is awkward in size and weight, I have absolutely no doubt as to its authenticity.

All of the characteristics of the signature mentioned above can be seen in other Moore signatures over the years and especially recently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331040559118?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Amonst the "other stuff" I have an S T Dupont James Bond Store display for sale on Ebay - this may be of interest

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESEX
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Frank Sidebottom does 007.....

http://bit.ly/19IweVJ
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • AceKermanAceKerman Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    TOM FORD JAMES BOND 007 TF 108 19V QUANTUM OF SOLACE SUNGLASSES BLUE LENS
    Starts at $699.00 Used

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOM-FORD-JAMES-BOND-007-TF-108-19V-QUANTUM-OF-SOLACE-SUNGLASSES-BLUE-LENS-/190931561588?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item2c74686c74
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    Hi gents,

I love the AJB forum it's very addictive! :D

Can any of the forums members confirm whether or not this is the QoS tie from the 'Greene' party?

I've had my eye on this for a while (would dearly love to own all TF Quantum ties. So cool!) and would be most grateful if any AJB member could cast his eye over the listing ;%

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141077203555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Kind regards,
    Gary.
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    MI6-Doo wrote:
    Hi gents,

Can any of the forums members confirm whether or not this is the QoS tie from the 'Greene' party?

I've had my eye on this for a while (would dearly love to own all TF Quantum ties. So cool!) and would be most grateful if any AJB member could cast his eye over the listing ;%

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141077203555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Kind regards,
    Gary.

Its not.
    96mn12 wrote:
    MI6-Doo wrote:
    Hi gents,

Kind regards,
    Gary.

Its not.

Thought it was too good to be true!

Thank you 96mn12 -{
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:
    MI6-Doo wrote:
    Hi gents,

Kind regards,
    Gary.

Its not.

Looks like it to me -what am I missing? ?:)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
    96mn12 wrote:
    MI6-Doo wrote:
    Hi gents,

Kind regards,
    Gary.

Its not.

Looks like it to me -what am I missing? ?:)

I thought it was the one too! V close if not the real deal :s
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    db5.007 wrote:

It looks like a combination of 2 QoS ties. It has the colours of the PTS/Siena tie, but the pattern of the Greene Planet Party tie. So not exactly screen accurate, but still a beautiful tie and very "Bondian".
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Neither of those ties are the Greene Planet Party ties, unfortunately, but they are the correct pattern. The first tie was made about two seasons after those made for "QoS." The small diamond weave proved to be a successful pattern for TF, so they generated a number of ties in this pattern in a variety of colors. This particular tie has a more blue tint to it due to the fact that it's two varying shades of blue, instead of blue and grey. Hope this info helps.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    A Dutch collector (not me) is selling some of his stuff. This might be of interest to someone.

http://www.marktplaats.nl/verkopers/7517896.html
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • bondpixbondpix USAPosts: 33MI6 Agent
    A couple of Bond Books for sale on eBay, these are both the rare UK hardback editions.

Colonel Sun
    Colonel_Sun_atn.jpg
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121195776572?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

The James Bond Dossier
    Dossier_atn.jpg
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121196425452?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    On seeing this I took a quick look on ebay, and was suprised to see a first edition
    of LALD for £6,000 plus £3.25 postage. Now call me old fashioned but I think if you've just spent six grand on a book they could send it to you free. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    On seeing this I took a quick look on ebay, and was suprised to see a first edition
    of LALD for £6,000 plus £3.25 postage. Now call me old fashioned but I think if you've just spent six grand on a book they could send it to you free. :))

I've seen that sort of thing lots of times and it always blows me away...partly for the reason you make and partly because if you'd just spent £6,000 on something would you really want it to be sent to you in an envelope with £3.25 on postage on the outside?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

I've seen that sort of thing lots of times and it always blows me away...partly for the reason you make and partly because if you'd just spent £6,000 on something would you really want it to be sent to you in an envelope with £3.25 on postage on the outside?

If it was going through bloody UK customs then yeah I think I would! :))

Personally though, if you've got £6k to spend on a book I guess you're not gonna worry about paying a bit extra to get it to you in one piece.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    Call me weird, but I'd be pleased they didn't want to charge 100 pounds for insured shipping... :s
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!