Future Bond Villains

Just wanted to get some peoples opinions on their choice for actors to play future Bond Villains. I for one would love to see Alan Rickman play a " I want to rule the world " Bond baddie.

Comments

• ChiffreChiffre Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    I am with on that one all the way. As stated in the forum "Who should be the head of Quantum", my opinion is that there is none better than Sean Connery.

Alan Rickman is far too evil to share the ruling of the world with others, so he should be on his own. But I won't cry my eyes out if he is picked for that part...-{
  • griffin_t_agriffin_t_a Racine, WI USAPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    edited November 2011
    Well I'm sure casting for Bond 23 is pretty much done but I'm sure they'd love to hear your suggestions ;)

---
    Post edited as unfortunately the information contained with in was private and shouldn't of been posted in a public forum. - Simon
    ---
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I doubt we'll ever see another "I want to take over the world" villain, but I'd like to see perhaps........................

Antony Hopkins, ( mentioned for years, and his name pops up with each new Bond Movie )
    Cillian Murphy,
    Denzel Washington,
    Lawrence Fishburn,
    David Suchet.

I think any of these guys could give Bond a hard time. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Anthony would be ideal because then the Oedipus Complex can play out. Here's an article that explains in more detail what makes a good Bond film:

http://commanderbond.net/1369/below-the-surface-james-bond-and-the-oedipus-complex.html
    I'd love to see either Hugh Grant ( I think he's a better actor than the crap he normally does ) or Colin Firth as I think they'd relish the chance to do something out of character for them. :007)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Tokyo MattTokyo Matt Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    I always wondered what Ben Kingsley could do with the part.

Don't think Ghandi, think Sexy Beast.

That's about the only suggestion I can come up with off the top of my head. Not very good maybe, but I've been away and just fancy posting something.

I'm tired. Thunderpussy, write something funny about Kingsley, help wake me up.
    To hear is to obey,

There once was an actor, Ben Kingsley,
    who's " sexy beast" was really quite sleazy,
    But for Tokyo Matt,
    I'd give him a slap,
    and as a villain I'd pay him quite Measily.

Ah, the limerick, the highest form of witt :v
  • Tokyo MattTokyo Matt Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Ahhh, that's better.

Arigato Pussy San.

Now I know I am home..............
    It's good to have you Back. -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    He gets my vote:

4254_160.jpg

ulrich_matthes.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,629Chief of Staff
    Bondtoys wrote:
    He gets my vote:

4254_160.jpg

ulrich_matthes.jpg

I'm sure he does, bondtoys...but after reading a few of your posts on other threads...I'm not sure what you are voting him for :o :))
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2011
    Just for once, I have been staying with the topic, Sir Miles ;%

He should be Bond23 villain and if possible shoot Dalton on screen ;)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Noah Taylor. I mean, he even played Hitler for goodness sake! Not too tall either. Highly versatile. You may recall him as the besuited creep from Vanilla Sky.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852965/
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Idris Elba. That is all!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Hannibal_SmithHannibal_Smith Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Malcolm McDowell. Jason Isaacs.

I actually could see Anthony Hopkins as M (once Dench retires) more than as a villain, but maybe that's just me.
  • Kissy SuzukiKissy Suzuki IrelandPosts: 66MI6 Agent
    Rupert Murdoch.
  • Hannibal_SmithHannibal_Smith Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Addendum to my previous post:

I realize this has zero chance of happening, but could anyone but me ever picture Harrison Ford as a Bond villain? It's a crazy idea that just occurred to me after watching Cowboys & Aliens this afternoon. The man's been playing heroes for so long, let him knock himself out playing a bad guy.

Also,

Rupert Murdoch.

Done. Tomorrow Never Dies. Jonathan Pryce was much more entertaining than the real Murdoch, too.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Mini me from Austin Powers, he could be the evil henchman who towers over DC[ just joking Lexi just joking ].
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see either Hugh Grant ( I think he's a better actor than the crap he normally does ) or Colin Firth as I think they'd relish the chance to do something out of character for them. :007)

I seriously hope you're joking..... :)) (Northern humour perhaps.... ;) )
    Jason Isaacs.

Oooh, now there is a thought. I adore Jason Isaacs, although I always thought he would make a good Bond.... certainly the best looking villian we've had in a while... :x
    Addendum to my previous post:

I realize this has zero chance of happening, but could anyone but me ever picture Harrison Ford as a Bond villain? It's a crazy idea that just occurred to me after watching Cowboys & Aliens this afternoon. The man's been playing heroes for so long, let him knock himself out playing a bad guy.

I hope you are going to post a review in the 'last film seen' thread.... I'm really undecided with this movie... but I do make a point of watching DC's films.... but this one just doesn't appeal... however, a good review could change my mind ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Might just have to check if there is a Blue moon to night, As I've always thought Jason Isaacs would of made a great Bond. -{
    And yes, I think Colin Firth could play a real mean Bas***d, might relish the chance to play something different. :D
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    Lexi I always thought Jason Isaacs would make a good Bond as well. In fact DC as Bond is what I would have envisioned with Isaacs in the role before DC got the gig. Isaacs is quite versatile and we know he can play a real snide SOB so I could see him as a Bond villain as well. I thought he was great in brotherhood.
  • Kissy SuzukiKissy Suzuki IrelandPosts: 66MI6 Agent
    Also,

Rupert Murdoch.

Done. Tomorrow Never Dies. Jonathan Pryce was much more entertaining than the real Murdoch, too.

Sorry Hannibal, you misundertood me - I meant Rupert Murdoch, the actor. His most recent performance as a befuddled, harmless old pensioner is brilliant! :))
  • jimmybond1jimmybond1 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    The Great Khali....

538px_Khali_cropped.jpg
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Mel Gibson
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Gary Oldman
    Christop Waltz
    Charlie Sheen
  • MaybelleMaybelle Narai Hotel, BangkokPosts: 2MI6 Agent
    I hope the producers decide to break with the "shrimp villain" trend that has been de rigeur since the Brosnan era. Let's have someone older, more virile, and more physically intimidating.

How about Vladimir Mashkov, for a good old-fashioned Russian heavy?

Vladimir_Mashkov_1267717952_4.jpg

Or Sergi Lopez, if you're looking for a volatile bruiser...

sergi-lopez.jpg

Or Ciaran Hinds, for a Scaramanga type, or some sort of urbane mastermind. He'd be my choice for a rebooted Blofeld.

1297229944913.jpg

Or Frank Langella. He played a Bond villain in Frost/Nixon.

Frank+Langella+Frost+Nixon.PNG

Forest Whitaker: physically imposing and psychologically off-kilter.
    forest_whitaker_17471.jpg
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Maybelle wrote:
    Let's have someone older, more virile, and more physically intimidating.

How about this guy? Old, intimidating, not sure about the virile part though. He is in the new Cowboys & Aliens and I think had a few scenes in Layer Cake and Munich:
    2011-07-19-11-43-09-5-daniel-craig-stars-as-a-cowboy-in-the-upcoming-fil.jpeg

Not the criminal mastermind type obviously, but could play a menacing henchman in the Jaws tradition, as I've heard he is huge.
    :)) Funny, Very Funny, Rainier Wolfcastle :))
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Not sure if I've mentioned him before or if someone else has mentioned him. I'd like to see Charles Dance be a villain in an upcoming Bond movie. Some people want an older villain and Charles seems to fit that mold:

dance460.jpg

269286.jpg
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Tom Selleck
    7739943_l.jpg
  • Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    I think the Bond films work better when an older actor is palying the Main villian, so i would go for John Hurt, Anthony Hopkins, Ben Kingsley or Ian Mckellen. But i would love to see a female as the main villian, and think Vanessa Redgrave or Glenn Close would be ideal.