Future Bond Villains

2»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig could Play both Bond and the main Villain, None of the other Actors could of done, But Craig is just so talented as an Actor. We truly are living at a special time for the series. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Forget Tom Selleck, Here's the origin of the "Macho Man" :))

burt_reynolds.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Sir Patrick Stewart, and Tim Curry, would also make excellent villians.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Sonny Chiba
    Chow Yun Fat
    Jean Claude Van Damme
    Danny Trejo
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Hugo Weaving

Gary Oldman

Bruce Payne

Tom Wilkinson

Cillian Murphy
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    As long as he's not wearing a speedo, with a village people mustache laying on a fur rug I'm ok with whom ever, unless it's Thunderpussy of course, then that's ok, providing he has his umbrella that is :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :D :D :D :D :D
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Cilian Murphy would be a great villain...
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
    I agree 100%, Cilian Murphy would be great, He has that Odd look that fits so well in a Bond Film. -{
    I'm sorry GaddGeneGadd, but I can't fill your order for My Poster as I've sold out. At the last minute
    I got a huge order from,an anonumous buyer in Germany for some reason. :))
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    I didn't want to say that Mr Murphy looked odd, but now that you said it,,,he has a very different look, much like Christopher Walken...he can look evil without trying.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • ChiffreChiffre Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Since van Damme has been mentioned, I claim that his character should not exceed neither the importance nor screen time of the character of Dolph Lundgren in AWTAK!!!!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    Maybelle wrote:
    I hope the producers decide to break with the "shrimp villain" trend that has been de rigeur since the Brosnan era. Let's have someone older, more virile, and more physically intimidating.

How about Vladimir Mashkov, for a good old-fashioned Russian heavy?

Vladimir_Mashkov_1267717952_4.jpg

Or Sergi Lopez, if you're looking for a volatile bruiser...

sergi-lopez.jpg

Or Ciaran Hinds, for a Scaramanga type, or some sort of urbane mastermind. He'd be my choice for a rebooted Blofeld.

1297229944913.jpg

Or Frank Langella. He played a Bond villain in Frost/Nixon.

Frank+Langella+Frost+Nixon.PNG

Forest Whitaker: physically imposing and psychologically off-kilter.
    forest_whitaker_17471.jpg

I like most of these suggestions. I`m not sure about Forrest Whiaker, but I have wanted Frank Langella to play a villan of the Blofeld type since I saw Frost/Nixon.
  • Max HavelockMax Havelock Sheffield, UKPosts: 2MI6 Agent
    I like the idea of Alan Rickman. I havent seen his performances in the Harry Potter franchise which I refuse to watch so havent seen any of his modern work.
    I still think of his great performances in Die Hard (1988 I think) and Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves (1991!).
    He's British and can play a villain with gusto.

Thinking of Robin Hood:Prince Of Thieves. What about Kevin Costner. He could do with the pay cheque nowadays! He hasnt done anything good for years!
    I like the idea of Alan Rickman. I havent seen his performances in the Harry Potter franchise which I refuse to watch so havent seen any of his modern work.
    I still think of his great performances in Die Hard (1988 I think) and Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves (1991!).

I don`t like the idea of Alan Rickman. The Bond movies shouldn`t use actors who are best known for playing villans in huge action films. The best casting is to use good character actors, often stars in other countries, whom the world audience hasn`t allready seen playing villans. I`m aware that Bardem and Fiennes have both played major villans in the past, but it still works for me because Fiennes is known for a variety of roles and No Country For Old Men wasn`t a huge action franchise. It was more the little movie that could.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Not sure if I've mentioned him before or if someone else has mentioned him. I'd like to see Charles Dance be a villain in an upcoming Bond movie. Some people want an older villain and Charles seems to fit that mold:

dance460.jpg

269286.jpg

Like, Like, Like....

Yep, I've mentioned him before - I think he would be superb.

Plus he played Fleming in Goldeneye
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    Charles Dance was one of Loch's thugs in FYEO. He was in a few scenes. He was one of the guys chasing bond down the ski jump, he also killed Lisle ( He was the one who ran over her, I believe ) on the beach before Columbo's men shot him dead with a spear gun from the surf. He does play a great villain though. He JUST has that LOOK LOL
  • QuistQuist Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    I think Joaquim de Almeida would be perfect for a Latin American baddie. Maybe Cliff Curtis too.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Nicolas Cage
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Charles Dance was one of Loch's thugs in FYEO. He was in a few scenes. He was one of the guys chasing bond down the ski jump, he also killed Lisle ( He was the one who ran over her, I believe ) on the beach before Columbo's men shot him dead with a spear gun from the surf. He does play a great villain though. He JUST has that LOOK LOL

Of course.... he was in a rather *ahem* tight ski suit if I remember - I guess that was the fashion :))

It's his eyes.... cold and ruthless. With not a hint of forgiveness within them.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I've mentioned Charles Dance myself, saw him in an Old Miss Marple and he was Brilliant, can bring a real sence of menace to a role.
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    Terence Stamp would make a wonderful villain...indeed with the silver hair and lean body is perfect for a fleming ohmss blofeld!
    Number24 wrote:

I don`t like the idea of Alan Rickman. The Bond movies shouldn`t use actors who are best known for playing villans in huge action films. The best casting is to use good character actors, often stars in other countries, whom the world audience hasn`t allready seen playing villans. I`m aware that Bardem and Fiennes have both played major villans in the past, but it still works for me because Fiennes is known for a variety of roles and No Country For Old Men wasn`t a huge action franchise. It was more the little movie that could.

Spoiler warning:
    Refusing to watch Potter-movies is only your loss. And the question is: Is he a baddie or isn't he??? I have seen Rickman in other parts than villain-parts. Although, they were dramas, I don't remember them, and they were on TV, but they really showed what a most excellent actor he is.
    I also lack a real villainous Bond-girl. There have not been any since Elektra King and Onatopp. But I do know who I would like to see playing it: Helena Bonham Carter.
    ics wrote:
    Connery -{

Finally someone agrees with me!!!! -{
  • Kissy SuzukiKissy Suzuki IrelandPosts: 66MI6 Agent
    I've mentioned Charles Dance myself, saw him in an Old Miss Marple and he was Brilliant, can bring a real sence of menace to a role.

Not forgetting his steely yet nuanced performance in "Ali G In Da House" .... B-)
    He might bring that old Thong out of retirement :))
    Chiffre wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Spoiler warning:
    Refusing to watch Potter-movies is only your loss. And the question is: Is he a baddie or isn't he??? I have seen Rickman in other parts than villain-parts. Although, they were dramas, I don't remember them, and they were on TV, but they really showed what a most excellent actor he is.

You are pretty much making my point: Alan Rickman is best known for playing bad guys. When people hear his name they usually remember his villans. Also I have read and watched every Harry Potter there is. He is a villan there too, but a tragic one.