Skyfall Press Conference in brief

13»

Comments

• zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I wouldn't get too cranked up over a press conference. "Movie magic" cures many a physical "shortcoming". Unfortunately we have a bad precedent for an "M" centric script in TWINE...in fact there was a run of bad scripts IMO sandwiched between GE and CR and then a regression for QOS. If the "Skyfall" script is actually good whether it involves "M" won't really matter. What matters is if it tells an interesting, exciting, compelling and coherant story. With the less than sparse knowledge we currently have of the storyline, one would hope that the "M" angle could add the interesting element of an actual spy/political thriller to the usual mix of action,violence, etc. I just don't think this is going to be a rehash of Bond rescuing "M" from a jail cell or "M" doing field work silliness....at least I hope not.

I hope that you are right. I guess if It's well enough constructed it could survive the M angle. As far as 'movie magic' is concerned I'm hoping for a miracle there as well.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Making use of OS X's option to have a desktop picture that changes every five seconds, I linked my desktop background to a series of variations of the SkyFall logo. I kept it just as the white background and all, but with some Photoshop magic, I made it so that the logo fades over a period of about 30 seconds from solid black letters to the snowy/distressed official letters subtly.

My point being, I quite like the title now that I have been properly introduced. It is not one of the better ones, but I think once we get it in context of the film we won't feel so ridiculous about it.
  • ChiffreChiffre Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Second question from the crowd came from the shitties paper of them all, and way to tell them off, Daniel Craig. They write crap, and they ask for crap, so just give them crap...

-{