Comments

• Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    From @SonyPicturesNL

65be4bd5a173ea2a1e6be3dcc84fb146_large.jpg

4662d1403e818e10002ca0d98dc3b71f_large.jpg

a49e3ef97658ce7fbaedbef71292a1e7_large.jpg

xxx
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    My views on D Craig have softened over the years.
    But Sorry, "Good looking " he aint

Tell that to my sisters, missus and lady friends.

Believe me I'm not expert on if a guy is "hot" :)) but despite our male views the females seem to go mad for Daniel Craig hence I guess their opinion is prob more valid then ours.

I would say in a girls view DC is easily second to only Sean Connery in his prime
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That depends on the Ladies you talk to. :007)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

I've stood on that very spot.... :o
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    minigeff wrote:

I've stood on that very spot.... :o

That a euphamism for what Sllva's just done to JB? :o :))
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    True, but other than my ex girlfriend, ironically, all of the women who've cared to share an opinion on the subject find Daniel Craig far more attractive than any other Bond except Connery's in some cases. The people who keep arguing that Daniel Craig isn't pretty enough are, ahem, mostly men.
    Gassy Man wrote:
    True, but other than my ex girlfriend, ironically, all of the women who've cared to share an opinion on the subject find Daniel Craig far more attractive than any other Bond except Connery's in some cases. The people who keep arguing that Daniel Craig isn't pretty enough are, ahem, mostly men.

Very true

Checkout comments in some rag like the Daily Mail - all swooning over him lol, dont think I've seen a woman call him craggy :))
    I'm perfectly willing to accept that You guys have spoken to every woman on the planet
    and they all get Moist thinking about D Craig. -{
    I'm obviously hanging out with the wrong sort of women. :D
    So from here on When talking to a female I'll go on about how He's the absolute Dream :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I don't think it's a looks thing so much that's the draw in the case of Craig. I think what appeals to many women is that he exudes a self-confident rugged masculinity. Traits not dissimilar to those of one Mr. Connery. There are many actors like this; not classically handsome but holding an indefinable appeal to the opposite sex. Robert Mitchum is another such chap. Nobody would ever suggest he's an Adonis but he has a magnetic quality that makes him sexually alluring to many women.
    I'm perfectly willing to accept that You guys have spoken to every woman on the planet

I think we should conduct a worldwide female poll funded by the forum and put this matter to bed once and for all! {[]

Right I'm off to ask my mum what she thinks :D
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Would now be a good time to mention that he's a Midjet ? :))
    I think much of the allure of Craig is that he is James Bond. Would he have the same "pulling power" if he wasn't? Further, I think there is a current vogue for ordinary looking, average built leading men he is riding on nicely.

I suspect even then he splits the vote among women. My wife, for what it's worth, doesn't rate him at all. :)

He certainly won't be consider one of the all time great handsome men, which would have to at least include Sir Sean, Sir Rog, and Pierce.

And for all the Craig-Nazis, just wait until the press backlash comes when he's no longer Bond, when the write-ups are that he was too short, too ugly, too average, too craggy, to beefed up to be a convincing Bond, that his films fell short as a consequence, when 007 no 7 is unveiled.... :o
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Imagine the hype in the media and pressure for the actor when it is announced that a SEVENTH actor will play 007!
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Question on Skyfall's Facebook page:

Where is he?

551704_457745384246084_644489226_n.jpg
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    He's sitting on that Bench, If this is a spot the Daniel Craig game
    It's not up to you're usual standards, Lexi. :))
    Or will Specsavers be getting a call. :p

I thought it was the National portrait Gallery, But that's just a Guess.
    He's sitting on that Bench, If this is a spot the Daniel Craig game
    It's not up to you're usual standards, Lexi. :))
    Or will Specsavers be getting a call. :p

I thought it was the National portrait Gallery, But that's just a Guess.

Ooh, I have standards? News to me :))

And yes, that's my guess too..but some of the answers from FB are interesting...British museum, The Louvre, somewhere in Spain... :s
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Some wild Guessing. But as this is where he Meets the new Q ( Hope that's not a spoiler at this stage )
    I'm sure it's in London.
    In the trailer Bond uses the "You're joking " Line, I wonder if the New Q responds with the Old
    "I never joke about my work 007 " :)
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

Where is he?

It is the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square, London.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Here is a photo of Daniel Craig Bond overlooking London. It first appeared in Empire magazine a couple of months ago but is new here.

daniel-craig-skyfall2.jpg
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Lexi wrote:

Where is he?

As thunderpussy stated previously, the Q scene is filmed in The National Gallery.

More specifically though, the room is number 34 on Level 2 - 'Great Britain'.

The paintings in the background are, on the left;

An Experiment on a Bird in the Air Pump by Joseph Wright 'of Derby'

and on the right;

Mr and Mrs William Hallet 'The Morning Walk' by Thomas Gainsborough

Don't you just love a guy who goes that extra mile Lexi? ;)

Oh and for extra extra bonus points, Bond would appear to be gazing at;

Ulysses deriding Polyphemus- Homer's Odyssey by Joseph Mallord William Turner

you can take a virtual tour of room 34 here;

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/visiting/virtualtour/#/room-34/
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    So from here on When talking to a female I'll go on about how He's the absolute Dream :))
    See? That wasn't so hard! :D -{
    I think much of the allure of Craig is that he is James Bond. Would he have the same "pulling power" if he wasn't? Further, I think there is a current vogue for ordinary looking, average built leading men he is riding on nicely.

I suspect even then he splits the vote among women. My wife, for what it's worth, doesn't rate him at all. :)

He certainly won't be consider one of the all time great handsome men, which would have to at least include Sir Sean, Sir Rog, and Pierce.

And for all the Craig-Nazis, just wait until the press backlash comes when he's no longer Bond, when the write-ups are that he was too short, too ugly, too average, too craggy, to beefed up to be a convincing Bond, that his films fell short as a consequence, when 007 no 7 is unveiled.... :o
    No doubt Craig gets cachet from being Bond, but all of them have. Even the oft-praised Brosnan has not managed to equal his box office success in anything close to that of the Bond films. My mother recalls when Connery debuted as Bond -- and much more classically handsome men like Cary Grant and Gregory Peck defined "leading man" -- that many women she spoke with and her, as well, thought he was "rat like" in appearance and too sinister looking to be good looking. It wasn't until Goldfinger became such a mega hit and Connery's groomed and well lit face was everywhere that she began to hear more universal praise for his looks. Most women I know say Connery is far more handsome as an older man than he was as a younger one.

I'm not sure I would say Craig is average built, but I would say that he is closer to reality in many respects and therefore more believable. My only issue is that I wish they'd darkened his hair. That's a relatively minor quibble for me, but that photo of him standing next to the Aston Martin wearing what is essentially a pastiche of Connery's outfit in Goldfinger would look right out of 1964 if Craig wasn't so pale.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    too sinister looking to be good looking

I don't think it's a coincidence that all my favorite Bonds have been played by actors who could easily play villains. There's just no edge to Moore, Brosnan or Lazenby.
    Here is the latest videoblog which goes behind the scenes of the making of Skyfall in Turkey.

SKYFALL TURKEY LOCATIONS VIDEOBLOG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYEpEseJl9U&feature=player_embedded
    A new photo from Christie's 50 Years of James Bond auction catalogue.

http://www.christies.com/eCatalogues/index.aspx?saleid=14884

skyfall1.jpg
    too sinister looking to be good looking

I don't think it's a coincidence that all my favorite Bonds have been played by actors who could easily play villains. There's just no edge to Moore, Brosnan or Lazenby.

While i agree there was no edge to the way Rog played Bond, i suggest in Pierce's case you see THE TAILOR OF PANAMA and, particularly, THE MATADOR. Scary.

As for brick out-house, double rock hard Laz... well.... frightening.
    Gassy Man wrote:

No doubt Craig gets cachet from being Bond, but all of them have. Even the oft-praised Brosnan has not managed to equal his box office success in anything close to that of the Bond films. My mother recalls when Connery debuted as Bond -- and much more classically handsome men like Cary Grant and Gregory Peck defined "leading man" -- that many women she spoke with and her, as well, thought he was "rat like" in appearance and too sinister looking to be good looking. It wasn't until Goldfinger became such a mega hit and Connery's groomed and well lit face was everywhere that she began to hear more universal praise for his looks. Most women I know say Connery is far more handsome as an older man than he was as a younger one.

I'm not sure I would say Craig is average built, but I would say that he is closer to reality in many respects and therefore more believable. My only issue is that I wish they'd darkened his hair. That's a relatively minor quibble for me, but that photo of him standing next to the Aston Martin wearing what is essentially a pastiche of Connery's outfit in Goldfinger would look right out of 1964 if Craig wasn't so pale.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in, but as most of you know I adore DC and he is, to me, very attractive. Handsome no...someone like Jason Isaacs, or even Brosnan, to me are classicly good looking (which is funny in itself, as I'm attracted to Isaacs, but not to Brosnan, yuck, he's almost too good looking, and that is a turnoff)...and I don't think anyone - even me, can say that Dan is 'good looking'. He has unusual features, amazing eyes, and his maleness oozes out of him...(not in that way, Thunderpussy :)) ) which in turn makes him very attractive, which is the all important factor when rating someone's look.

I think he is like marmite, women either get him, or they don't rate him at all, and that's okay...but there are a large number of women out there that DO find him very sexy.

It's all a matter of taste. Some of us like marmite, others clearly don't!
    minigeff wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Where is he?

As thunderpussy stated previously, the Q scene is filmed in The National Gallery.

More specifically though, the room is number 34 on Level 2 - 'Great Britain'.

The paintings in the background are, on the left;

An Experiment on a Bird in the Air Pump by Joseph Wright 'of Derby'

and on the right;

Mr and Mrs William Hallet 'The Morning Walk' by Thomas Gainsborough

Don't you just love a guy who goes that extra mile Lexi? ;)

Oh and for extra extra bonus points, Bond would appear to be gazing at;

[url=http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/paintings/joseph-mallord-william-turner ulysses-deriding-polyphemus-homers-odyssey]Ulysses deriding Polyphemus- Homer's Odyssey by Joseph Mallord William Turner[/url]

you can take a virtual tour of room 34 here;

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/visiting/virtualtour/#/room-34/

I do, I do...very impressed MG :x

Will have to go and take a look, next time I'm there -{
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    While i agree there was no edge to the way Rog played Bond, i suggest in Pierce's case you see THE TAILOR OF PANAMA and, particularly, THE MATADOR. Scary.

Brosnan is actually very good in THE MATADOR, but he's more lovable than scary. Closest he's come to outright villainy for me is THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY.

I didn't say Lazenby couldn't beat me up; I just don't buy him as a villain. THE MAN FROM HONG KONG, anyone?

Brosnan is actually very good in THE MATADOR, but he's more lovable than scary. Closest he's come to outright villainy for me is THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY.

I didn't say Lazenby couldn't beat me up; I just don't buy him as a villain. THE MAN FROM HONG KONG, anyone?

Well, there are some who can't buy Laz as James Bond...

... and what to they know? ;)

(BTW, though Wang Yu knew he was toast without the script and the director)

Do ya think Brozza's strength in TLGF is that he doesn't speak? IMO, he's psychotically frightening in THE MATADOR. Way beyond any Bond in any role, with the possible exception of TD in FRAMED.