SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Great stuff - do you remember how much the PTS suit was??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    Wow great pics! I love the tuxedo! It looks to be black overall? And the PTS suit looks great!

It's midnight blue.

The PTS suit that they are selling, as well as the cut they are pushing as the Skyfall one, is not accurate. The suit in the film is a button 3, and this is a button 2. It has the same cut through the body, but the front panels are of course cut differently. And you may need to go down a size and a length to get the shrunken look of the suits Bond wears (which I do not recommend).

Thanks for sharing those pictures Meesta Bawnd. I've only seen the suit in person.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,331MI6 Agent
    Hi Welshie. If I remember correctly the suit was about £2,000, but unfortunately they didn't have my size, so I would have to have gone made-to-measure, which would add an extra £1k. A-hem...
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Great stuff - do you remember how much the PTS suit was??
    Here is their diagram to illustrate the cut:

Thanks for the diagram. Mantis had previously said the suit was the Falconer, but it looks like they have something unique for Bond. Still, it's odd that they are pushing the button 2 while Bond is wearing a button 3 in every picture we've seen so far. Here's the button 3 suit on Craig:

http://postimage.org/image/ruxl8rwrl/
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    MB - What did you clarify about the ties?

The on-screen shots of Bond's overcoat look as though the lapels have been 'rolled', or pressed down to the second button - Are we happy about the coat for sale, other than that?
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    Exactly! The PTS suit is a 3roll2 button suit. I too am curious as to why they continue to presume its a 2-button jacket that bond is wearing. Pictures do not lie
    Shocking...
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    How much was the dinner suite ??
    Post 17 here <http://ajb007.co.uk/topic/38901/tom-ford-skyfall-ties/ > says Tom Ford can't use the James Bond name in marketing their products, yet it's labelled as such in the suit model name. That's no different than using the Bond name on the tag. Perhaps neither counts as marketing.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Post 17 here <http://ajb007.co.uk/topic/38901/tom-ford-skyfall-ties/ > says Tom Ford can't use the James Bond name in marketing their products, yet it's labelled as such in the suit model name. That's no different than using the Bond name on the tag. Perhaps neither counts as marketing.

But they released sunglasses branded with Bond and had store window displays.

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/tom-ford
    Mr Beech wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Yeah I think there is some misinformation here, I even read earlier in the year that Tom Ford was better prepared this time and would have a better marketing strategy for Skyfall then QoS
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Yeah I think there is some misinformation here, I even read earlier in the year that Tom Ford was better prepared this time and would have a better marketing strategy for Skyfall then QoS

So perhaps they actually are marketing those ties as Bond ties and this suit as the Bond suit, even though none of them are correct.
    The Tie controversy still rolls on. As you can see from the photos below, Harrods have been told that these are the Bond ties as well. They stock the same two ties that Selfridges had.

IMG_1356.jpg

DSCF5129.jpg

As you can see, they have the prefix JB on the product code.

As for non-direct James Bond branding, have a look at their shirt made-to-measure diagram...

IMG_1350.jpg

I should be getting clarification on all this later today, hopefully, but may have to wait till Monday.

As for the price queries, the tuxedo is £2,700, the coat is £2,100, and the PTS suit is £1,950.
    Holden wrote:
    MB - What did you clarify about the ties?

The on-screen shots of Bond's overcoat look as though the lapels have been 'rolled', or pressed down to the second button - Are we happy about the coat for sale, other than that?
    Great research. Any sign of tab collar shirts?
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Today my third Skyfall Jacket arrived "The RAF-Jacket". What a curious world of sizes :) For those who wants to buy one of these and aren't sure for which size they go... here are some reference photos: I'am 1,85m and 75kg and my regular Size is M!
    RAF-Jacket: Size S (definetely size down... what's in the breakfast of these RAF-Guys who could wear XL :))
    LVC Menlo: Size S (when you want a fitter look go down with the size... M was to big for me and S fits perfect)
    Barbour: Size L (a lot spoken here but with this jacket you must try it on you... M was extremely tight on my shoulders and arms and L fits perfect and you can tailor it down at the waist)

Foto0754.jpg

Foto0755.jpg

Foto0758.jpg

Foto0759.jpg

The Shirt under the LVC is a budget one which have a similar pattern... I think :)
    Hope this helps a little bit.
    Lagoona

Great stuff!! They all look great, like the LVC with Skyfallish shirt!
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    I'd agree with the PTI jacket - even the small isn't really small - to be a PTI you must be massive and extremely fit I guess !!
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Lagoona

Great stuff!! They all look great, like the LVC with Skyfallish shirt!

Thanks Welshboy! Now I'm looking forward to the peacoat :) Hope Size M fits :)
    As for non-direct James Bond branding, have a look at their shirt made-to-measure diagram...

IMG_1350.jpg

I should be getting clarification on all this later today, hopefully, but may have to wait till Monday.

What about the tuxedo diagram, will you be able to provide that? Or any of the other suits he wears?
    Shocking...
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    Or any of the other suits he wears?

He only wears one cut for his suits in the film, and I wonder if they have a diagram of the correct one.
    Unfortunately the shirt and PTS suit were the only ones that I photographed. Sorry.
    Ah! I see...what's up Matt!? How's it going? B-) so judging by the shirt diagram, it says on there a model # for the French cuff shirt and barrel cuff shirt. So does that mean Bond will wear barrel cuff shirt in Skyfall as well? Or is this just an alternative to the shirt for customers to purchase? I only ask bc From the pics I've seen bond is always wearing French cuffs (double cuffs).
    Shocking...
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    Ah! I see...what's up Matt!? How's it going? B-) so judging by the shirt diagram, it says on there a model # for the French cuff shirt and barrel cuff shirt. So does that mean Bond will wear barrel cuff shirt in Skyfall as well? Or is this just an alternative to the shirt for customers to purchase? I only ask bc From the pics I've seen bond is always wearing French cuffs (double cuffs).

I believe he will only be wearing double cuffs in the film, but they are offering the shirt made to mesure with button cuffs as well. I quite like Tom Ford's 2-button cuff design.
    Matt S wrote:
    Kaleema007 wrote:

I believe he will only be wearing double cuffs in the film, but they are offering the shirt made to mesure with button cuffs as well. I quite like Tom Ford's 2-button cuff design.

I agree Matt, even though it's a basic 2-button cuff, it still has its own taste of elegance and class to it aside from just buying a regular barrel cuff out at Nordstrom rack or something....that's Tom ford for ya
    Shocking...
    so James Bond Lifestyle just posted up an interesting article on the auction of items, including clothing in the film: Skyfall.

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/christies-auction-reveals-skyfall-products,

click the link above to read it in full. The article mentions a nice tidbit about a pair of circular cufflinks worn by Bond showing Bond's family coat of arms bearing the motto "Orbit Non Sufficit" (meaning The World Is Not Enough), made by Tom Ford. 30 pairs of these cufflinks were made for the film. Man these bad boys are going to go for some serious $$$$ :o
    Shocking...
    My contact tells me that the Falconer was actually the cut used for Tom Ford's film, A Single Man.
    Matt S wrote:

Thanks for the diagram. Mantis had previously said the suit was the Falconer, but it looks like they have something unique for Bond. Still, it's odd that they are pushing the button 2 while Bond is wearing a button 3 in every picture we've seen so far. Here's the button 3 suit on Craig:

edited September 2012
    My contact tells me that the Falconer was actually the cut used for Tom Ford's film, A Single Man.
    Matt S wrote:

i read the same on JB Lifestyle that the suits used were the Falconer and the Wetherby... ill try and locate the article..
    Shocking...
    here it is: Tom Ford representatives have announced to Bond Lifestyle chief correspondent David Zaritsky that the two new styles of suit Craig will wear in SkyFall are the Falconer and the Wetherby. The Falconer is a slim suit that Colin Firth wore in the Single Man.

Shocking...
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    here it is: Tom Ford representatives have announced to Bond Lifestyle chief correspondent David Zaritsky that the two new styles of suit Craig will wear in SkyFall are the Falconer and the Wetherby. The Falconer is a slim suit that Colin Firth wore in the Single Man.

Well, so far we haven't seen the Wetherby in any shots. It has wide lapels and full-cut pleated trousers, which I love. The Falconer is very similar to the O'Connor suit, but the O'Connor is probably a closer cut. The Falconer is similar but on Colin Firth it doesn't look shrunken like Daniel Craig's suit does. The O'Connor is probably just a tighter variation on the Falconer.