SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    you've also seen the tetburys in the book? -{
    Just received my copy of "Bond on Set" and his lodge footwear could indeed well be the Islays. There are several photos although you can't see above the hem of his trousers. They are dark brown brogues and the photo of the Islays that Kuragami provided could indeed be them...although on set they are obviously worn-in. Certainly, based on Kuragami's information and these photos there's no reason to believe they aren't the Islays.
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    you've also seen the tetburys in the book? -{

I think so. DC is wearing a low ankle boot in black and the general shape of the toe does seem to match the Tetbury...so, based on the few photos in which you can see the shoes, I would say yes.
    just arrived...

dsc078010jmf2khqcv.jpg
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Hey Nico,
    congrat Bro, very beautiful! I'm jealous of you :)
    I tried them on and it looked horrible on my feet (Size 44, to tight and to many space in the front :(
    Hi Erhan,
    many thanks mate! my pair fits great...very comfortable shoes!

-{
    Nico
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLL........ :o :o :o :o

just arrived...

dsc078010jmf2khqcv.jpg
    Shocking...
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Lagoona wrote:
    Hey Nico,
    I tried them on and it looked horrible on my feet (Size 44, to tight and to many space in the front :(

C&J makes 2 other similar chukka boots on other lasts. The shoes are equally elegant and may fit you better. The Brecon also has a Dainite Sole like the Tetbury but 3 eyelets.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt, do you have a link that we can access to the C&J chukkas?
    Matt S wrote:
    Lagoona wrote:
    Hey Nico,

C&J makes 2 other similar chukka boots on other lasts. The shoes are equally elegant and may fit you better. The Brecon also has a Dainite Sole like the Tetbury but 3 eyelets.
    Shocking...
    Kaleema007 wrote:

Go here: http://www.crockettandjones.com/Collections/UK/Mens

Select boots on the left and you'll get a listing of all chukka, chelsea, jodhpur and derby boots.
    nice! thanks Matt
    Matt S wrote:
    Kaleema007 wrote:

Go here: http://www.crockettandjones.com/Collections/UK/Mens

Select boots on the left and you'll get a listing of all chukka, chelsea, jodhpur and derby boots.
    Shocking...
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    My Tetbury just came in today. I was so scared about the sizing since I have flat wide feet. My stockist has shocked me again in how good he is. His order of a half size down from my regular size is exactly right. Now it's time to walk around in them for the rest of the week inside to break them in.

I also got the Snowdon but haven't decided if I'm keeping it. For those interested the Snowdon does not have a full sized bellows tongue. It stops between the 3rd and 4th eyelet on the boot. So if you are looking for the perfect watertight boot from C&J I suggest you skip it and look elsewhere because they simply don't make one. Why on God's green Earth they decided to carve out the tongue sides down to the lower eyelets I don't know. What I do know is I'm unhappy with it.

For any Canadians interested I paid $575 for the Tetbury and $775 for the Snowdon... before taxes. Duty is a bitch.
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Lagoona wrote:
    Hey Nico,

Thanks Matt :-)
    A very good alternative!
    some news about the C&J islay?
    tumblrmavda01mhas4lpue8n.jpg
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Definitely. I have the book in front of me and you can see the fine hole pattern details. I say one step closer to confirmed. -{

There's also a really good pic of the headset/ear piece bond wears. There's a clear plastic hook that goes over and behind the ear. I'll try to get a scan.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I dont have the book yet but want to point out that C&J makes two pairs of these boots one is called Skye which DC wears all the time, and then the Islay ones mentioned above both are almost identical but in different colour/leather.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    The Islay is also available in 'Bronze calf' which I am pretty sure is what DC is wearing in the above photo.
    sruzgar wrote:
    I dont have the book yet but want to point out that C&J makes two pairs of these boots one is called Skye which DC wears all the time, and then the Islay ones mentioned above both are almost identical but in different colour/leather.

There are more differences than just that, the most important being the last. The Islay is also taller and has rubber soles, whilst the Skye has the more traditional double leather sole (which I find much more comfortable). The medallion pattern is different on the two boots. The Islay has reinforced eyelets.
    The Islay is also available in 'Bronze calf' which I am pretty sure is what DC is wearing in the above photo.

I would love to know for sure. It's too hard to tell there since the lighting can make the Dark Brown shine. I'm not convinced on the color yet.
    Also regarding my comment about the Snowdon. I take it back. I really should wear it for a while before badmouthing it. The difference between the Snowdon's bellow tongue and my other boot is the thickness around the ankle. The Snowdon hugs the ankle going all the way up and feels comfy while the other boot with a full bellows tongue is uncomfortably thick as a result. Sorry just had to correct myself from before.
    Kuragami wrote:

I would love to know for sure. It's too hard to tell there since the lighting can make the Dark Brown shine. I'm not convinced on the color yet.

Don't discount the possibility that C&J may have made one of the shoes in a different leather for the film than their standard selection.
  • xxxxxxxx Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    some news about the C&J islay?
    tumblrmavda01mhas4lpue8n.jpg

Does anybody know what pants he is wearing in the Lodge scene?
    this is an email of my C&J dealer...
    Hi Nico,

I have heard from C & J at last about James Bond and they have told us they
    are not willing to disclose which of their shoes are in the film. There is
    to be a press announcement in the future where they will tell everyone.

Kind regards
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Hmm I guess we will see better pics soon enough!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Mr Arlington BeechMr Arlington Beech Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    xxxx wrote:
    Does anybody know what pants he is wearing in the Lodge scene?
    Echo the above... Picture is quite grainy so can't see for myself, anyone with the book/inside knowledge that can tell us? Personally not after a particular brand - more colour and type (black jeans?) for me, looking to bulk up my autumn wardrobe! Thanks
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    So, may not be enough to confirm, but here's a book scan next to the islay:
    lSzl3.jpg
    1.jpg

EDIT: although, looking at the curve here, they may be closer to some very heavily weathered skye(fall :p ) boot.
    fkCxK.jpg
    1.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I also noted the curve. Hmm it doesn't look like either (well unless modified)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Hmmm I'm gonna have to disagree..it looks more like the boot in the 2nd pick with the curve. Color is just different....
    Shocking...
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    Two boots, Islay and Skye, are very similar. However I think boots used by D. Craig with the Barbour jacket are Islay in bronce calf colour.
    The Islay boots have rings in the cords holes, although Skye boot don't have this rings.
    If you look carefully the second pictures you will see that the holes appear to have rings.
    It's my opinion.