Skyfall Watch

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Just for the benefit f people here, this is what a mod (poss a dealer?) mentioned on that site
    Re: Aqua Terra for 007 in SKYFALL?
    I can't take the (peer) pressure :D

The official Bond watch is a 38.5mm AT with a blue dial. Reference number is/will be 231.10.39.21.03.001. Price is EUR 4.050,- (incl 19% VAT). This is the watch he wears in the movie. When the movie comes out you can expect a limited edition Planet Ocean 42mm. It has a textured dial (lines) and at '7' it has the 007 logo. It is very small and not very noticeable compared to any other 007 limited. It will get reference number 232.30.42.21.01.004 and will be priced at EUR 4.760,- (incl VAT). I have not had a chance to look at the caseback, I had the watch in my hands for a few seconds before it was taken away ;). Please note that the prices can change before they come out, but these are the price I have now.

Strange how the ltd edition would be a PO, if so he must also wear a PO at some stage in the film if the above is true
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    As mentioned above - the 231.10.39.21.03.001.

20.jpg
    22.jpg
    24.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Dont really like this watch, much prefer the QOS planet ocean
    Looks like there is credibility to the guys info

Checkout this from the Omega Basel Pricelist

Seamaster James Bond-LE ST/ST black ceramic bezel lacquered "007" black dial gun.barrel-structure caseback 9mm bullet decor on rotor thru sapphire LE 3007x 212.30.36.20.51.001
    $ 5,200 March

ST/ST black ceramic bezel ring black dial with applied "007" at 7H "Skyfall 007" on rotor LE 5007x
    $ 6,500
    August

welshboy78 wrote:
    Just for the benefit f people here, this is what a mod (poss a dealer?) mentioned on that site
    Re: Aqua Terra for 007 in SKYFALL?
    I can't take the (peer) pressure :D

The official Bond watch is a 38.5mm AT with a blue dial. Reference number is/will be 231.10.39.21.03.001. Price is EUR 4.050,- (incl 19% VAT). This is the watch he wears in the movie. When the movie comes out you can expect a limited edition Planet Ocean 42mm. It has a textured dial (lines) and at '7' it has the 007 logo. It is very small and not very noticeable compared to any other 007 limited. It will get reference number 232.30.42.21.01.004 and will be priced at EUR 4.760,- (incl VAT). I have not had a chance to look at the caseback, I had the watch in my hands for a few seconds before it was taken away ;). Please note that the prices can change before they come out, but these are the price I have now.

Strange how the ltd edition would be a PO, if so he must also wear a PO at some stage in the film if the above is true
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I don't at all agree it is the small size...who ever gave that inforation is wrong. No way that is 38mm, at least 41mm
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    I don't at all agree it is the small size...who ever gave that inforation is wrong. No way that is 38mm, at least 41mm

I wouldn't be so sure, looks can be deceptive. There is a thread over on watchuseek where someone has posted images of both the 38.5mm and 41mm on his wrist and the 38.5mm looks bigger than you think.
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Well if it is less than 40mm, I won't be buying it
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    It looks like the BIGGER version - not 38mm
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    I would have intially thought 38.5mm would be too small, but after buying the new rolex explorer one, with a 39 mm case, I am open to the idea of at least seeing the new watch in person. 38mm seems to look bigger on DC for someone reason, I mean look at the wrist shot at the SKYFALL press conference, looks about the same size as the new AT.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/ot-bond-23-press-conference-605235-2.html

I was leaning towards the blue new planet ocean Ti, since I wear alot of blue. One thing is certain, I like the AT price alot better than the new blue PO price.

This new Seamaster Aqua Terra shows up as offered only in a size 38.5mm
    "ST/ST blue dial 231.10.39.21.03.001 with an expected price of $5,500 and will be seen in stores this August, here in the States.

For those interested here is the rest of the price list,

http://www.k4yk.com/watches/Basel2012Prices.pdf
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    As the Omega price list confirms the Skyfall limited edition watch is a PO then I bet he wears a PO in Skyfall (makes no sense otherwise). I would also bet that the PO is the main watch used in the film and the AT is secondary (remember we have only seen London scenes really)
    Stefan wrote:
    I would have intially thought 38.5mm would be too small, but after buying the new rolex explorer one, with a 39 mm case, I am open to the idea of at least seeing the new watch in person. 38mm seems to look bigger on DC for someone reason, I mean look at the wrist shot at the SKYFALL press conference, looks about the same size as the new AT.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/ot-bond-23-press-conference-605235-2.html

I was leaning towards the blue new planet ocean Ti, since I wear alot of blue. One thing is certain, I like the AT price alot better than the new blue PO price.

This new Seamaster Aqua Terra shows up as offered only in a size 38.5mm
    "ST/ST blue dial 231.10.39.21.03.001 with an expected price of $5,500 and will be seen in stores this August, here in the States.

For those interested here is the rest of the price list,

http://www.k4yk.com/watches/Basel2012Prices.pdf
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :D If you would be correct welshie, it would also be certain, that we see a SMP* in Skyfall.....

*because there is also a LE SMP available :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    :D If you would be correct welshie, it would also be certain, that we see a SMP* in Skyfall.....

*because there is also a LE SMP available :v

To be honest I thought the recent LE SMP is for the 50th Anniversary and not a Skyfall Ltd Edition which seems to be a PO coming out in August, hence I don't think the SMP will appear in the film

PS - the blue Ceramic SMP has grown on me since ive seen real pics of it on peoples wrist (not the Omega ones) hence I would like to see this in Skyfall rather then another PO
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Looking at the pics you guys found, I guess Bond does wear a new watch in Skyfall. I miss the consistency of the Brosnan and Connery watches.
    "Better late than never."
    SilentSpy wrote:
    Looking at the pics you guys found, I guess Bond does wear a new watch in Skyfall. I miss the consistency of the Brosnan and Connery watches.

I couldn't agree with you more however it is all about $$$$ :)
    Everbody knows, that I criticize him a lot, but Mr. Deaton found something interesting on an Omega AD blog and I'll give him credit for this.

james-bond-watch-skyfall-omega-aqua-terra-ace-jewelers-2012-march-full.jpg

We now have 2 independent sources for the 38.5 mm AT, the plot thickens ;)
    The info has been deleted in the meantime.

Well it certainly looks practically confirmed!

Strange how he never picked up the SkyFall Ltd Edition PO 232.30.42.21.01.004 which was also on the Basel Price List
    :D he'll definitely come back with the Skyfall LE one day claiming to be the first to have "bulletproof fact" that it was real :D

On a side note: I declare in public, that I'll never - repeat NEVER - buy an Aqua Terra -regardless if DC or one of the girls wear that watch in the movie.

I find the entire AT concept plain boring and old-fashioned without anything "heritage" which would make old-fashioned interesting for me.

I must admit the AT does little for me either, would have preferred the Ceramic Blue Seamaster (even though I own the last version)

Here is hoping that this is not the only watch in the film!
    As I said before I think we will see more than one Omega watch grace DC's wrist in the movie - afterall he wore several in CR did he not? We have seen the Acqua Terra but the PO will most certainly make an appearence I think.
    Paperbill wrote:
    Well if it is less than 40mm, I won't be buying it

You can always opt for the bigger version - 41mm is it? :)
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
    422754_10150639457952211_90884717210_8912607_1929336243_n.jpg
    The The OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Ceragold is beautiful!
    What do you say?
    The name is Bond, James Bond...
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    That is an okay looking watch, not liking the gold colouring which is totally unfashionable at the moment. Not sure about chrono watches on Bond.
    That is an okay looking watch, not liking the gold colouring which is totally unfashionable at the moment. Not sure about chrono watches on Bond.

Rose gold seem to be fashionable at the moment although normal gold is still outdated I think.
    Any one taken the plunge and bought an Aqua Terra yet?
  • J.BauerJ.Bauer Down South, USAPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    I imagine everyone, including me, is waiting for the official announcement before buying anything.
    007Sig.jpg
  • RANDRAND Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    I really like the Aqua Terra.
    Ive been a bit tight with the old money lately, so its nice to know that when things pick up there's a quartz model that's available and its not too expensive. A great understated watch.
    nms75 wrote:
    Rand
    RAND wrote:
    I really like the Aqua Terra.
    Ive been a bit tight with the old money lately, so its nice to know that when things pick up there's a quartz model that's available and its not too expensive. A great understated watch.
    nms75 wrote:

If you can manage it I'd go the extra and have an automatic. Should you sell in the future it would be a lot easier.
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Daniel+Craig+James+Bond+Movie+Skyfall+takes+hgkWaUeVzhYl.jpg

Daniel+Craig+James+Bond+Movie+Skyfall+takes+XyKjCZ-2pn0l.jpg

Daniel+Craig+James+Bond+Movie+Skyfall+takes+4UIZEZEIgTjl.jpg

Daniel+Craig+James+Bond+Movie+Skyfall+takes+0rr_hbcSRtrl.jpg

Daniel+Craig+James+Bond+Movie+Skyfall+takes+eW6k8RtXFqbl.jpg

Daniel+Craig+James+Bond+Movie+Skyfall+takes+_clHx9wis1al.jpg
    Great pics, double o ego. Confirms again the 38.5 mm Aqua Terra {[]

• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Sure looks like - I'd say pretty much confirmed !!
    The name's Bond_James_Bond