Stuff about Dan

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    More stuff Not about Dan. :))
    Jason Statham replacing Daniel Craig in Layer Cake sequel Viva La Madness - Metro
    http://tinyurl.com/l36z5ey
    shared via www.newshog.co

Really? Urgh...don't get me wrong I like Jason....but not as xxxxx...that's Daniels role through and through.

Disappointed doesn't begin to express... :(
    (not that I think the movie needs a sequel anyway)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Super film that I coincidentally just happened to watch again very recently. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that Daniel Craig would do a sequel now even if it was offered to him. Partly because he's so busy, and partly because he might feel that his career has moved on since then. Also, Jason Statham's great fun but he's not a great actor and I can't imagine he's the highest-paid actor out there either. Makes me wonder if the sequel has a bit of a modest budget otherwise they might have looked a little higher than JS.
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    More stuff Not about Dan. :))
    Jason Statham replacing Daniel Craig in Layer Cake sequel Viva La Madness - Metro
    http://tinyurl.com/l36z5ey
    shared via www.newshog.co

Really? Action star in his own right to some degree but they should wait for Daniel to reprise it after his contract with EON expires !!! Looks like he's wearing the Tom Ford cardigan in prep!!
    Last rat standing.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Philomena granted new rating in US http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24938350
    It would seem M coming back from the dead has worked wonders. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    The Statham thing has cheapness written all over it, and a whopping great sense of opportunism. "Hey. Jas, we need something someone's already done verrrryyy well to attach your name to...."

And I'm not sure how "busy" Craigy really is. "Above" Layer Cake II, perhaps, but too busy? Nah. His between Bond projects haven't been cinematic gold - - how many movie roles has he lined up before the next Bond in 2018(!)? - and Layer Cake II would, IMO, have been perfect. Frankly, I'd always believed DC was keeping it up his sleeve for that reason. It would appear not.
    Well, he's tied-up on the stage (not literally...although maybe, I haven't actually seen the play) until January and Bond 24 is in pre-production now, although not sure when photography actually starts...I believe I heard September/October which means he'll start work on it at least 4-6 weeks prior to shooting if not longer. He's still under contract to do the second (and third) Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The second one is supposedly also in pre-production now but it seems very quiet so don't know whether that's going to happen or not but if it is going ahead, he's going to be a very busy boy.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    A second helping of Layer Cake? Thing is, it was Craig's middle classness or perception of it that made that film a bit different to your usual gangster fare. Put JS in it and it becomes just the usual stuff.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Well, he's tied-up on the stage (not literally...although maybe, I haven't actually seen the play) until January and Bond 24 is in pre-production now, although not sure when photography actually starts...I believe I heard September/October which means he'll start work on it at least 4-6 weeks prior to shooting if not longer. He's still under contract to do the second (and third) Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The second one is supposedly also in pre-production now but it seems very quiet so don't know whether that's going to happen or not but if it is going ahead, he's going to be a very busy boy.

So, he's just got Bond, then. ;) -{
    He's still under contract to do the second (and third) Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The second one is supposedly also in pre-production now but it seems very quiet so don't know whether that's going to happen or not but if it is going ahead, he's going to be a very busy boy.

Is this true...? I thought the girl with the dragon tattoo was brilliant, but I thought it didn't do as well as expected money wise... Would love to see the series finished, with him as the lead :x
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    It did very poorly, Lexi, but the studio are saying that they're going ahead with two and three. Now, whether that actually happens is another matter altogether!
    Not sure this got posted...but seeing as I'm back, its worth mentioning... and for a very good cause.

feeling safe
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/43853/daniel-craig-and-benicio-del-toro-psa/

Agreed, Great thought provoking video, Hope it helps the cause. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/43853/daniel-craig-and-benicio-del-toro-psa/

Agreed, Great thought provoking video, Hope it helps the cause. -{

Oops...I didn't even think of looking there...oh well, you can never have enough Craig! :x
    edited May 2014
    Only adding the link as others might have missed it too, -{

http://www.justjared.com/tags/daniel-craig/
    A couple of photos of Dan and Rachel at a charity event.
    Dan at a tribute dinner at the MoMA.

looking dapper
    As you are the expert on Dan, do you know if he has done any ads for
    The Japanese or asian market, as several other Bonds have ?
    As you are the expert on Dan, do you know if he has done any ads for
    The Japanese or asian market, as several other Bonds have ?

Me, the expert? Not sure about that....

And honestly I don't know..I would be surprised though if he has...ads aren't his style really (although Bond related ones I guess are okay, but they where prob written into his contract) he does a fair share of infomercials... like the woman's rights one a few years back, and the latest women's safety on college campus, but he strikes me as not one to sell himself...well certainly not now. Back when he was a struggling actor he could have made all sorts....but nothing sticks out...however I haven't been to Asia or Japan... so I can't say definitively if he has...interesting question....?
    Thanks Lexi. As you say I've only seen him in infomercials, but from finding the odd
    Ad with Connery and Brosnan on youtube. I though the lure of big money might have
    Been tempting ( I know I would ) :))
    Found this Blog for info on what Dan is up to.
    http://newsblogged.com/daniel-craig-latest-news-real-time-updates
    Thanks Lexi. As you say I've only seen him in infomercials, but from finding the odd
    Ad with Connery and Brosnan on youtube. I though the lure of big money might have

He comes across as the sort of guy who likes doing his bit for charity....he did a comic relief sketch with Catherine Tate several years ago...based on a smelly poo :)) He seems very careful what he puts his name too....and I'm not aware of any embarrassing type of 'I'll do anything for money" advert....but his earlier film role choices have been somewhat questionable!
    :)) So long as he doesn't try his hand at singing like Brosnan .... :D
    ( then again he might have a lovely voice )
    Be prepared to cringe a bit....and no, no singing! But it is quite funny :))

smelly poo
    :))
    I haven't seen it in years, I love the " She doesn't know what I do, .... But she knows who I AM !"
    Line. :))
    Lexi wrote:

He comes across as the sort of guy who likes doing his bit for charity....he did a comic relief sketch with Catherine Tate several years ago...based on a smelly poo :)) He seems very careful what he puts his name too....and I'm not aware of any embarrassing type of 'I'll do anything for money" advert....but his earlier film role choices have been somewhat questionable!

Flogged a few cars for Range Rover recently, though.

Wonder how that fits? Apparently, Craigy did it 'cos his best mate got a free Range from the deal . Wouldn't the more discreet thing have been just to BUY the mate Range Rover?

Confused. ?:)
    Anything that helps keep a few jobs in Britain has
    to be a good thing. :D
    Anything that helps keep a few jobs in Britain has
    to be a good thing. :D

Nowt to do with wot them Injuns'll pay ya, then? ;)
    Lexi wrote:

Wonder how that fits? Apparently, Craigy did it 'cos his best mate got a free Range from the deal . Wouldn't the more discreet thing have been just to BUY the mate Range Rover?

Mmm, not sure it's an ad as such more than meets the eye

It seems he's doing his bit for Britain... and boosting the brand (which I guess IS advertising) ;)

However, the plot thickens....in rather a Bondish style...

Daily Mail continues...

He is also to appear in a glitzy mini-movie specially shot with Craig in secret locations around Manhattan to showcase the Range Rover Sport and accompany its  unveiling at  a star-studded party on the eve of the New York Motor Show on Tuesday night.
    Lexi wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Mmm, not sure it's an ad as such more than meets the eye

It seems he's doing his bit for Britain... and boosting the brand (which I guess IS advertising) ;)

However, the plot thickens....in rather a Bondish style...

Daily Mail continues...

He is also to appear in a glitzy mini-movie specially shot with Craig in secret locations around Manhattan to showcase the Range Rover Sport and accompany its  unveiling at  a star-studded party on the eve of the New York Motor Show on Tuesday night.

All for them poor UK workers, then, it is.

"No money exchanged hands in making this ad"*

* except the free Range for Dan's mate. of course.
    So quick to judge....

Craig was attracted to working with Land Rover not only because of his love for the British brand and its vehicles - but also because both he and the brand share a link with the charity S.A.F.E., of which he is a patron.  Land Rover, having previously donated a Land Rover Defender to the Kenyan NGO and UK Charity 4 years ago, is delighted to continue its support and is donating an additional vehicle to the charity later this year.
    The donated Land Rover will be used by the S.A.F.E. team to assist in accessing hard-to-reach areas to educate, inspire and deliver social change.  Using accessible, mobile street theatre and community programmes, S.A.F.E.'s team of local professional performers educate their communities on an array of issues, from HIV to female circumcision to safe drinking water.  S.A.F.E. Founder Nick Reding attended the event in New York with Craig to talk about the charity and said: "Land Rover has generously given us a vehicle in the past, and this event is a great global platform for us to reach out and talk about our work. Land Rover are helping us get the message about what we do and why it works out to so many more people around the world than we could usually hope for."

.....without looking for the reasons behind the action :#
    Well done Mr Craig. {[]
    Not to get his mate a Range "donated" after all, as he's stated then? Nor 'cos of them Injun's business interests, then.

If you can get them in the Vatican on the phone to make another Saint, Ill pay for the wood you need.