minigeff, Clapperboards & Comments

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Predator wrote:
    Copyright Law and Trademark law are part of my professional life, so you will forgive me for wanting the same legal parameters to apply to this site.

great, then you're just the person to answer this simple question;

if someone makes a replica, and DOES NOT advertise it for sale, simply showing it off in a 'look what i made' fashion, then is it an illegal violation of copyright, and thus not permitted on ajb?

hope you're happy, you've dragged me out of hiding. (don't get excited i'm just passing by)
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Pred.
    Don’t worry – I am just saying that we are all aware of the law on this subject… and naturally we are bending it to the extreme, but I really don’t think we are breaking any…
    I know it is a sensitive subject – and sites have been closed due to this, but ones again, we know.
    But that beside – I don’t think that was the problem – was it ;) PLEASE play with and open hand (No PMs)
    minigeff wrote:
    Predator wrote:
    Copyright Law and Trademark law are part of my professional life, so you will forgive me for wanting the same legal parameters to apply to this site.

if someone makes a replica, and DOES NOT advertise it for sale, simply showing it off in a 'look what i made' fashion, then is it an illegal violation of copyright, and thus not permitted on ajb?

hope you're happy, you've dragged me out of hiding. (don't get excited i'm just passing by)

Jeff THAT IS LEGAL !!!!!

(In Denmark it is even legal to wear and buy fake Rolexes for personal use…)
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Chill out everyone, just go and remove any image links you have here, then it will be an even prettier place to be :D

Some one is after blood, no point helping them along, and no point arguing about it, we don't own the site we don't make the rules.

There really is no point in fighting -{
    Truth Peter – but I have justice in my blood – and this is not justice… this is witch hunting…
    ics wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Predator wrote:

Jeff THAT IS LEGAL !!!!!

(In Denmark it is even legal to wear and buy fake Rolexes for personal use…)

sure ian, but i personally need a voice of authourity, ie a forum mod to confirm this. i'm not saying that you're wrong or don't know what you're talking about, but for the benefit of the forum users (and producers of said fine replica stuff) we need clear clarification from a moderator or king si himself on what we can and can't legally do when it comes to displaying, or offering stuff for sale.

i think this may be a pivotal turning point for the future of ajb. i watch this space intently.

see you around guys,

MG -{

ps, ian thanks for the xmas gifts, I love them both dearly, i'm sorry i haven't got round to emailing you yet but i will. cheers mate.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Well Jeff then we just have to wait…. -{

You like them both – impressing – looking forward to your review of the movie -{
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    yes, he's refering to these people, who possibly got a bit high-nosed and arrogant over the time, being more interested in playing politics behind the lines and leaving such "fan-friendly" creatures like Rick Roberts repeditly and continuously on the board and the same time "persecuting" valuable funny members like MG and Pete.

Power is a bitch and can change people over the time!

If a moderator feels that action is better "executed" in public instead of giving a friendly warning via pm and/or discussiing things in civil and private then he should think about how he may have started as a fan like you say :v
    I don't believe I was talking to you oh paranoid one. Rick Roberts? A member who got on nerves three years ago? Seek counseling, please. And who are you to say who is and who isn't a valuable person?

And I didn't realize danjaq was "keeping this forum running the last few years" Your loss would be a "blow to this forum"? Modesty always.

A topic got closed prematurely by one moderator and feelings were hurt. Well, it's the same group of people now making the waves. So's who's "**** up the forum now?"
    Don't go changing my words, I was talking about all of us in the collecting forum, did you issue many tickets today :D :v
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Don't go changing my words, I was talking about all of us in the collecting forum, did you issue many tickets today :D :v
    So it's the group that would be a blow, oh, my bad.

And sorry, no tickets. I work hard for a living. I'm not here wet nursing 24/7. It's easy to point fingers at authority and call us the man when the responsibility isn't on your shoulders.
    not the group but the community in there, what do you know you don't even go there, and now your just picking on me because you are in a possession of authority, you don't even know me, fair enough mate, you must have a fun life :D

I have no problem with authority, just traffic wardens :))
    Alex – stop the bull
    And to quote M: "If I want sarcasm, I'll talk to my children." -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited January 2012
    Alex wrote:
    I don't believe I was talking to you oh paranoid one.
    Alex wrote:
    Seek counseling, please.

Better paranoid than pathetic, Alex!

To quote M5 from the other thread:
    Language, respect both a total fail.

And that applies to you Alex!

If you would be a normal member, you'd be ready for a mod warning for insulting a member here. Guess, that you are lucky and proud to be better :D
    Alex wrote:
    And who are you to say who is and who isn't a valuable person?

I don't judge anyone here and that may make a big difference between you and me!
    I find Minigeffs and Petes contributions VERY valuable, so I regard them as valuable members here.

Btw, what did YOU contribute to the board, particularly mem&coll. forum?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    not the group but the community in there, what do you know you don't even go there, and now your just picking on me because you are in a possession of authority, you don't even know me, fair enough mate, you must have a fun life :D

I have no problem with authority, just traffic wardens :))
    And none of the collecting group know me either. Yet I am criticized sight unseen even though I don't frequent the collectors forum. Picking on you? You're cussing and moaning for days, one response from me and you're the persecuted party?

Sarcasm, me? The butplug group is calling me a child?

Hey Bondtoys. Get a life.
    edited January 2012
    Alex wrote:
    Hey Bondtoys. Get a life.
    Alex wrote:
    I don't believe I was talking to you oh paranoid one.
    Alex wrote:
    Seek counseling, please.

So I guess it is ok for mods to insult members here....
    Nice role model you make, Alex.

Interesting! Wonder what Sico has to say about this!

** and now run Alex and delete this before he sees it.

Alexis – you don’t know ****… problem is that you moderators need to be on the same side and have some kind of consensus - you dont… So yes I call you a child.
    And I agree on Markus – both Jeff and Peter are essential posters…
    It seem to me they don't care anymore Markus, they just want the prop side of collecting gone Markus.

yeah I feel persecuted, how would you feel if some one you don't know, comes and starts criticising in a thread that they know nothing about.

Sorry but it is YOU that is making things worse, trying to butt in with no idea of what and whom you are talking about.

and wasn't **** filterd out, naughty boy :D
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    and wasn't **** filterd out, naughty boy :D

well, he's not even capable to spell this right, I guess :D

one rule for one one for the other huh :D
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Hi, let's call a truce please?

Let's also assume for the moment that all members are essential and that we are all sitting in a glass house with pockets full of stones.

Thanks
    edited January 2012
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    one rule for one one for the other huh :D

no, the butt with one "t" still works ;)
    Alex wrote:
    The butplug group is calling me a child?

edited January 2012
    Until I don't receive a public apology from Alex, I intend to empty my pockets.

Marcus…I think the comment was pointed at me :D
    minigeff wrote:
    Predator wrote:

so will any mod, or si himself step forward and offer an answer?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Hi,

I'm looking into this
    Predator... please look under the EU laws on "private copying exception".... and i belive that is what we are showing (private homemade props)....

This homepage is UK - and therefore under EU laws (i suspect - GB is kind of special with there relation to EU)
    The most common exception to copyright is the "private copying exception", granted in all EU countries except the UK and Ireland. http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/eyouguide/fiches/glossary_ipr/index_en.htm

You see, not that simple any more is it? ;) This is not the only thing I have been checking - the key factor here is that there is one process when it comes to the manufacture of a replica, but there is another process if you choose to publish the results of that. The first is your responsibility, the second becomes our concern and this is why there are forum rules. We make it clear that there should be no "material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where "ajb007.co.uk" is hosted or International Law" posted by members.

The most pragmatic option (always) should be that if you have any doubt, don't do it. If you do, seek permission first.
    True predator…nothing is easy :s

But I have just read that UK law on copyright is much lower than in EU… for instance there have been several cases of Danes buying copy designer furniture (Danish design – you know) made and sold in UK – and that was legal…

In this case we are “showing our one of a kind prop – replica” with no intention to sell… this is NO violation of copyright and licence or patents…

(but in principal this legal issue is not the real issue on the problem on ajb, but I think it is vital to get it clear)
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    Whoa whoa here guys! SINCE WHEN is it ok for Moderators to make these kind of comments towards members? This is terrible behaviour and totally unacceptable! I think some apologies are required.

DISGUSTING!

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
    ics wrote:
    True predator…nothing is easy :s

Too true! I neither can nor would want to provide anyone with legal advice, but will highlight my pragmatic option: seek permission, and if in doubt refrain

(And if you are worried, you can easily link off to a photo site ... and that will allow much higher resolution/larger files that are not as attractive within a forum format)